the case for banning homophobia

satinkira

1 minute ago, argonian said:

This is literally any racism ever. Aryans weren't the master race because they had blonde hair and blue eyes, but such an appearance was seen to an indicator of a pure Aryan ancestry.

"High Elves aren't a NS-LARP dude. We just coincidentally assess pure ancestry based on the exact same characteristics and spent years wearing SS skins."

At least you said "blood and mind" and not "blood and soil".

Chill, my guy. I was quite literally just stating what their belief is - not defending it. My current high elf was quite literally a shapeshifting demon before the lore got stripped. She is anything but pure.

I have always held issue with the comparisons to Nazi-ism, and I'm not entirely sure of how the high elf faith even began at the start of the server. I wouldn't be surprised if it had roots in the same mindset. I also wasn't part of their community when those skins were worn, and would have held issue with that and spoke out if I was present during that time. I'm not your enemy, my guy.

I think a large issue w the Haelun'or Nation is how involved old-heads still are in it, to my knowledge. They have a very firm grip on the direction the Nation is led, and are included in private chats in the discord allegedly (I have been told this by Players previously in those chats). I have also been told in the past when my character was in the running for a Council Position in H'nor that the large reason she didn't get it was because those leaders + old players were worried that I, as a player, would not aid them in the vision they have for the Nation. Again, I don't know the truth of these claims, but I had a fairly reliable source.

If that last paragraph is largely true, I unfortunately don't think Haelun'or will be capable of change to minimise those comparisons until it is properly handed over to a new generation. People are too attached.

Just now, argonian said:

When then?

I'm fairly certain that the SS skins haven't happened at the very least post-Arcas, and the crucifixions were happening in rozania thanks to savoyard crusaders which would have been late 2021 I think

1 minute ago, satinkira said:

I'm fairly certain that the SS skins haven't happened at the very least post-Arcas, and the crucifixions were happening in rozania thanks to savoyard crusaders which would have been late 2021 I think

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I saw one of those skins on a player's name.mc during Almaris. I think it was a military dress uniform that very heavily resembled it.

Just now, Amayonnaise said:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I saw one of those skins on a player's name.mc during Almaris.

that surprises me since I joined hnor fairly early pre-rozania when I first showed up and I didn't see anything, do you know if it was popularised throughout hnor or if it was just one bad egg

Just now, satinkira said:

that surprises me since I joined hnor fairly early pre-rozania when I first showed up and I didn't see anything, do you know if it was popularised throughout hnor or if it was just one bad egg

Pretty sure it was just one bad egg. It would've been early-mid Almaris if anything, as I joined the community mid-late Almaris.

After reading both sides, I have concluded the following. 

Capitalism creates equal opportunity for all, therefore, become a capitalist. 

1 minute ago, Damnit_Delmar said:

After reading both sides, I have concluded the following. 

Capitalism creates equal opportunity for all, therefore, become a capitalist. 

But can I marry another capitalist?

1 minute ago, Amayonnaise said:

But can I marry another capitalist?

Of course, marriage is the ultimate tax write off, therefore marriage = capitalism 

Just now, Damnit_Delmar said:

Of course, marriage is the ultimate tax write off, therefore marriage = capitalism 

Blessed be

To be real. 

Canonism has no real focus on sexuality or homosexuality. In my time doing the roleplay, it’s never really been brought up, to be honest. Sure, if they come across it in roleplay, they admonish it and tell you not to do it, but I haven’t once (maybe just me) come across any canonist that’s actively gone out of their way to be homophobic. 

In all honesty, the only times it’s really been brought up and mentioned is when OOC threads such as this (and the canonist prince thread) demanded a response from the church. People have been roleplaying gay stuff (don’t know why people are infatuated with sexual roleplay on this server) for a long time, even in the church, and in human culture. 

There’s also this very broad and boring response saying that @Amayonnaise just gave saying that canonism can focus on so much more, such as saints, and their cool culture. It’s true, they can, and they do. Being homophobic has nothing to do with canonism, it’s only brought up when people bring it up. There is no priest that goes around every hour of the day screaming that being gay is wrong. Nobody even roleplays attacking homosexuals on this server. 

I get that people want to escape from their real life traumas. They don’t want to go through what they did online and in-real life. Sweet man, that’s fair. I think it will be much more easier for you to deal with this by simply realising that people behind their screens aren’t actively looking to cause you harm or attack you for your sexuality. Some people are, genuinely, malicious in that regard. Those guys normally end up getting banned, or nobody likes them. 

We had this whole argument where racism and homophobia should be put at the same level. That’s true, that’s valid, that’s fair. 

It’s not against the rules, though, unless if they’ve changed it. If they’ve changed it, then valid, don’t nitpick characteristics. But I don’t think moderation team is going to warn or ban me if I roleplay a high-elf and point at that wood elf and call him a dirty mud-skin. 

I think it’s also just social prejudice. A lot of people hyper fixate on race more than they do sexuality, because a lot of war and conflict is raised due to skin and culture, less than it is homosexuality. Not saying it means that being racist is worse than being homophobic, but you could sensibly see that they might have over prioritised something that has had a more global effect on people. 

If they choose to ban homophobic roleplay, I don’t expect it to mitigate much of what people are doing. I think people have just made it a huge issue by writing these long OOC posts. 

This isn’t starting a conversation to get stuff banned. It’s just starting some sort of OOC conflict, in a very underhanded way, to point fingers and call people who are doing this roleplay (even if it is split apart from their real views) as homophobic. I know you said @satinkirathat everyone who does this roleplay isn’t homophobic. However, that’s the sort of view everyone is going to get and spread. 

Cull romance rp and cull the weirdos who want to hyperfocus on their sex and kissing on a children’s game. Focus on some cool stuff, let’s stop writing OOC posts and write some cool RP posts. 

29 minutes ago, argonian said:

This is literally any racism ever. Aryans weren't the master race because they had blonde hair and blue eyes, but such an appearance was seen to be an indicator of a pure Aryan ancestry.

"High Elves aren't an NS-LARP dude. We just coincidentally assess pure ancestry based on the exact same characteristics and spent years wearing SS skins."

At least you said "blood and mind" and not "blood and soil", although I'm not sure if implying darker skin correlates with a worse mind is any better.

purity of spirit and blood is part of NS Ideology and can be found in mein kampf

Reddit Rep Farming goes hard

15 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

To be real. 

Canonism has no real focus on sexuality or homosexuality. In my time doing the roleplay, it’s never really been brought up, to be honest. Sure, if they come across it in roleplay, they admonish it and tell you not to do it, but I haven’t once (maybe just me) come across any canonist that’s actively gone out of their way to be homophobic. 

In all honesty, the only times it’s really been brought up and mentioned is when OOC threads such as this (and the canonist prince thread) demanded a response from the church. People have been roleplaying gay stuff (don’t know why people are infatuated with sexual roleplay on this server) for a long time, even in the church, and in human culture. 

There’s also this very broad and boring response saying that @Amayonnaise just gave saying that canonism can focus on so much more, such as saints, and their cool culture. It’s true, they can, and they do. Being homophobic has nothing to do with canonism, it’s only brought up when people bring it up. There is no priest that goes around every hour of the day screaming that being gay is wrong. Nobody even roleplays attacking homosexuals on this server. 

I get that people want to escape from their real life traumas. They don’t want to go through what they did online and in-real life. Sweet man, that’s fair. I think it will be much more easier for you to deal with this by simply realising that people behind their screens aren’t actively looking to cause you harm or attack you for your sexuality. Some people are, genuinely, malicious in that regard. Those guys normally end up getting banned, or nobody likes them. 

We had this whole argument where racism and homophobia should be put at the same level. That’s true, that’s valid, that’s fair. 

It’s not against the rules, though, unless if they’ve changed it. If they’ve changed it, then valid, don’t nitpick characteristics. But I don’t think moderation team is going to warn or ban me if I roleplay a high-elf and point at that wood elf and call him a dirty mud-skin. 

I think it’s also just social prejudice. A lot of people hyper fixate on race more than they do sexuality, because a lot of war and conflict is raised due to skin and culture, less than it is homosexuality. Not saying it means that being racist is worse than being homophobic, but you could sensibly see that they might have over prioritised something that has had a more global effect on people. 

If they choose to ban homophobic roleplay, I don’t expect it to mitigate much of what people are doing. I think people have just made it a huge issue by writing these long OOC posts. 

This isn’t starting a conversation to get stuff banned. It’s just starting some sort of OOC conflict, in a very underhanded way, to point fingers and call people who are doing this roleplay (even if it is split apart from their real views) as homophobic. I know you said @satinkirathat everyone who does this roleplay isn’t homophobic. However, that’s the sort of view everyone is going to get and spread. 

Cull romance rp and cull the weirdos who want to hyperfocus on their sex and kissing on a children’s game. Focus on some cool stuff, let’s stop writing OOC posts and write some cool RP posts. 

giphy.gif

Werewolf is HIM.

12 minutes ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

giphy.gif

Werewolf is HIM.

just sucks to see man. the rp mood on this server is going to be sour for a while until this blows over. 

i dont want people to weaponize good-faith views from both sides (valid concerns from satinkira and others) in order to become toxic

hope people continue to do cool shit.

also quick advertisement but heard azdromoth and xan be wilding? maybe people should get involved with that eventline haha 

49 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I saw one of those skins on a player's name.mc during Almaris. I think it was a military dress uniform that very heavily resembled it.

In Almaris a group called "Rhein" used those uniforms alongside the names of high-ranking Nazis such as Heydrich. I called in mods and the mod told them to change that - funnily enough, instead of changing name and uniform they racially insulted the moderator's character ooc... Strangly enough I've never seen them again :D I wonder what happened.

Sorry for being offtopic.