[✗] Heralds of Azdromoth Amendment

rukio

Spoiler

image.png?ex=6609abfe&is=65f736fe&hm=a0e

Renuz (Non-combat)

An Ordained Herald may utilize this word to send forth their draan into a nephilim’s flesh and bind closed non-fatal wounds. This requires four or more emotes. 

Spoiler

-Using this ability an Ordained herald of Azdromoth may call upon and manipulate their draan to form an ashen barrier along the wounded flesh of an Azdrazi.

-During this ability the Ordained Herald will feel a small discomfort from the proximity to Azdrazi blood as well as their own draan being used in such a manner.

-Similar to Dovra-kul, this process is similar to a reverse-burn, though without the pain a Herald would experience due to Azdrazi’s natural immunity to fire. The flesh around the wound would begin to catch alight, sealing and searing themselves shut over the course of the healing process. 

-Once the wound is sealed a mark would be left on the Ordained Herald’s body where they had sealed the wound of the Azdrazi, an unspoken connection from the use of Azdromoth’s power to heal his wounded child.

-The emotes required for Renuz are 1 emote of focusing on the Azdrazi’s injury and displaying a tell, 1 of the word being spoken and embers shrouding the wound in ash, 1-4 emote of mending the wound depending on severity/depth, and 1 emote of the mark being left on the Ordained Herald’s body.

-Minor wounds such as small cuts which bleed but don’t reach muscle may be treated with four emotes. Moderate wounds that cause bleeding or puncturing wounds may be treated with five emotes. Wounds such as deep gashes across the body that aren’t fatal but cause significant blood loss will require six emotes.

-This ability is incapable of being used for harm.

-This ability requires full focus and cannot be used in combat.

-This ability cannot be used to prevent fatal wounds or anything deeper than flesh and muscle.

-The mark left on the Ordained Herald will last one OOC week but they may choose to keep it permanently. 

-This ability may only be used on Azdrazi.

-Renuz cannot be used alongside any other ability.

My name is Jentos, and I approve of this message. 

43 minutes ago, rukio said:

-The emotes required for Renuz are 1 emote of focusing on the Azdrazi’s injury and displaying a tell, 1 of the word being spoken and embers shrouding the wound in ash, 1-4 emote of mending the wound depending on severity/depth, and 1 emote of the mark being left on the Ordained Herald’s body.

-Minor wounds such as small cuts which bleed but don’t reach muscle may be treated with four emotes. Moderate wounds that cause bleeding or puncturing wounds may be treated with five emotes. Wounds such as deep gashes across the body that aren’t fatal but cause significant blood loss will require six emotes.

If the ability is exclusively for outside of combat and thus 'emote counts' don't really have any substantial point, what exactly is the reasoning behind making the emotes this overly long? Especially when taking into account the rather 'niche' requirements of it being able to heal only Azdrazi and nobody else.

3 minutes ago, Agy said:

If the ability is exclusively for outside of combat and thus 'emote counts' don't really have any substantial point, what exactly is the reasoning behind making the emotes this overly long? Especially when taking into account the rather 'niche' requirements of it being able to heal only Azdrazi and nobody else.

Most every healing spell has an emote requirement currently to my knowledge, regardless of if it is used in combat or not. I would say that Heralds should only be able to positively affect heralds (They have a spell for Ordained that allow them to heal other heralds) + azdrazi and not outsiders, making their spells already niche and making this spell fit that direction they're intended for. Emotes for healing spells should be long, else they end up abused in my opinion. I would be fine with making it a combat spell if that community wants that, but since you need full focus to cast it, I don't think you should be able to do it mid fight, i.e. when you're being attacked, which is how I view the difference between combat vs non-combat. 

2 minutes ago, rukio said:

Most every healing spell has an emote requirement currently to my knowledge, regardless of if it is used in combat or not.

Oh, I wasn't telling you to remove its emote count in their totality, rather to just decrease it from being an amount as high as '6 whole emotes' since that will absolutely get mindnumbingly boring and banal to the person casting this spell.

8 minutes ago, rukio said:

I would say that Heralds should only be able to positively affect heralds (They have a spell for Ordained that allow them to heal other heralds) + azdrazi and not outsiders, making their spells already niche and making this spell fit that direction they're intended for. Emotes for healing spells should be long, else they end up abused in my opinion. I would be fine with making it a combat spell if that community wants that, but since you need full focus to cast it, I don't think you should be able to do it mid fight, i.e. when you're being attacked, which is how I view the difference between combat vs non-combat. 

And now that you bring it up, why are you making an entirely new spell for what is otherwise a copy-paste of 'Dovra-kul' but that instead is specifically for Azdrazi? Why not just amend that spell so that it may be for both Heralds and Adzrazi as well and any other new things you added here, such as the herald casting the spell keeping a scars of the wound they heal?

Why not amend Dovra-Kul to allow heralds and azdrazi instead of a brand new spell?

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.