FIELD CHRONICLE - PURGING SHADOWS

As Leon Barclay, Prince in Reinmar, read the missive, his lips curled into a smile. "Haha! Finally, a Pontiff willing to stand against the agents of the deceiver. Praise GOD!" He exclaimed in jubilation before folding up the parchment, ready to keep it around for showcasing. 

The Princess Adalfriede had witnessed the trial and burning of a demon with the sense that its death was only the beginning. Her dark eyes skated over words of the Pontiff's doings and she knew that there was much more to be done before the realm was purged of such disease.

"Brothers and sisters," Gerard's voice thundered, echoing through the halls of the keep, "the time has come to confront the darkness that has long shrouded our lands." He lifted his sword high, its blade gleaming in the flickering torchlight. "Let us join His Holiness in this righteous battle, for the glory de GOD! Deus Magnus!

fd23106b-eae6-44ec-a755-ec0601c88df1.Jpeg

Frantzisko of Albarosa's hands were clasped in prayer, kneeling before the altar, his gaze fixed upwards to the Lorraine hanging from the ceiling. He'd seen the necromancers, the ghouls, the liches and their hosts. He'd lived horrified at their acts, had mourned their crimes, and pleaded the Heavenly Host for a sliver of hope. And in the dark of the night, CAIUS PRIMUS came holding the lantern of lanterns, a sun most bright, and in its incandescence, the Merkatar was no longer afraid.

"Dewos Vare-wedn Noibio Caius I" Spoke Mogurix in Frankish after reading the document, nodding "May God guide His Holiness to purge the profane and horrid . . ." said the converted tribal.

Marooned in place afar and deep, where lamps of fairy light tinged walls alight, a shadow stirred. Immaculate. 

And stranded in the light-borne shackles, it swirled along the floor and spanned; from formless undulates a form was born, a countenance with lineaments unknown.

A youthful tone wore captive's voice. a childish whisper trickling thence unto stones;

"O'deary-deary me!" - "O'why can't I be there with them?" - "O'why can't I forsake this place?" - "O'why can't I crusade the foulest ilk?"

Its frown was doomed; a smile bloomed; and frivolous became its tune-

A cackle rang. A clang of chains. A rattle of the binds! 

Like snow beneath the hefty feet, the fetters crunched in rupture.

The light was banished. The twilight won, and someone sought to find the pope!

Eve sat in her home, now having returned to Reinmar after a journey of silence, “I can only hope and pray that Handil’s name gets cleared. As for Vindacus… I can only pray that the light finds him.” 

The lights of the candles slowly burned out as she read the rest of the missive. 

"What fun!" Came the cry of some Cockroach, as she read the missive.

"You find your home being raided fun?" Cried her shadow, four eyes peering.

"Oh, dear me."
A tut.

"It is always fun."

"FUU-UU-UUCK"

Sounded from a very displeased Arch-Prince...

One whose title likely spawned from the hells...

Spoiler

vox-hazbin-hotel.png?quality=lossless

The "anonymous malin" who did nothing more than skim the missive chuckles.

"Malin. Not quite, m'friend. Not quite." 

Sydney is suddenly VERY glad he didn't sign with his full name. Juniper knows his contribution, and that's all that matters. 

Cordelia cackled loudly and uncontrollably, poring over the word 'Cockroach'. She grabbed anyone close enough by their arms and forced them to read that title, every time it appeared. 

Sermi sat at one of her many homes, a glass of red wine swirled in the stemware. Eyes scanned over missives, passed through many hands to reach her. She couldn't help but grin. Murmuring to herself, "Good hunting, old friend. Betrayer of Mercy? I'm rather fond of that." Fingers tapped, as she continued to read.

Something caught her eye. A few things, even she was unaware of. Any sort of entertainment was wiped off her countenance, as something bitter settled there instead. The Devils eyebrow twitched. That was certainly not what she had expected. Hatred, though not at her pursuers. Not at Villorik, not at Callahan, nor Caius. They all had their part to play. There was no light, without darkness. She had long sought to be the whetstone for their blade, and now - she was.

But this?

Her lips contorted into something calloused, and cold. The thinnest possible curl of a frown. All her birds would certainly tire far before the evening sun, as quill would soon take to ink. All signed with that well-practiced signature. 

Callahan peered upwards, saw a sheep, and again looked down to his desk-- but made a double take and cringed in so terrible a grimace as to nearly propel him backwards onto the floor. He permitted his eyes to break from that and thought to the success he and his brother had met in the Grotto of Truth. For his illness, for his spiritual illness, he ground his teeth. He was not nearly as inspired now as he was on that day. But to see such evils stoked in him a potent flame, which put to Man bid drive him onwards towards retribution.

Retribution against this creature, he could not afford. But against Evil at large, he could. If but he was not so blighted by what they had witnessed in the hillside. What they had permitted into their midst. It imparted unto him a leprosy which did not cease to spread, and he could feel it, though it was duller now than it was then. Perhaps he had, for a short time, lost the preternatural senses required for properly detecting such things, which were to the eye, for the most part, invisible. 

Wrath. Fury! "I'd sooner dance into Sheol than permit the likes of this to get the better of us." 

Urged forth by a power afforded him by virtue of righteous anger, then, he set out for the countryside of Minitz, to restore what had been rendered so terribly unclean.