3 minutes ago, Gaja said:

christ has risen to all of my catholic bros

see you in a week orthobros

Orthodox easter is may 5th this year!

Just now, K_rusader said:

Orthodox easter is may 5th this year!

yeh about a week :)

23 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

Christ is King. I will share my favorite non-scripture text for this time of year taken from the Liturgy of the Hours. Bit of a read, but I genuinely highly recommend it. Nearly moves me to tears every time I read it.

Reveal hidden contents

The Lord's descent into hell

"What is happening? Today there is a great silence over the earth, a great silence, and stillness, a great silence because the King sleeps; the earth was in terror and was still, because God slept in the flesh and raised up those who were sleeping from the ages. God has died in the flesh, and the underworld has trembled.

Truly he goes to seek out our first parent like a lost sheep; he wishes to visit those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death. He goes to free the prisoner Adam and his fellow-prisoner Eve from their pains, he who is God, and Adam's son.

The Lord goes in to them holding his victorious weapon, his cross. When Adam, the first created man, sees him, he strikes his breast in terror and calls out to all: 'My Lord be with you all.' And Christ in reply says to Adam: ‘And with your spirit.Â’ And grasping his hand he raises him up, saying: ‘Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light.

‘I am your God, who for your sake became your son, who for you and your descendants now speak and command with authority those in prison: Come forth, and those in darkness: Have light, and those who sleep: Rise.

‘I command you: Awake, sleeper, I have not made you to be held a prisoner in the underworld. Arise from the dead; I am the life of the dead. Arise, O man, work of my hands, arise, you who were fashioned in my image. Rise, let us go hence; for you in me and I in you, together we are one undivided person.

‘For you, I your God became your son; for you, I the Master took on your form; that of slave; for you, I who am above the heavens came on earth and under the earth; for you, man, I became as a man without help, free among the dead; for you, who left a garden, I was handed over to Jews from a garden and crucified in a garden.

‘Look at the spittle on my face, which I received because of you, in order to restore you to that first divine inbreathing at creation. See the blows on my cheeks, which I accepted in order to refashion your distorted form to my own image.

'See the scourging of my back, which I accepted in order to disperse the load of your sins which was laid upon your back. See my hands nailed to the tree for a good purpose, for you, who stretched out your hand to the tree for an evil one.

`I slept on the cross and a sword pierced my side, for you, who slept in paradise and brought forth Eve from your side. My side healed the pain of your side; my sleep will release you from your sleep in Hades; my sword has checked the sword which was turned against you.

‘But arise, let us go hence. The enemy brought you out of the land of paradise; I will reinstate you, no longer in paradise, but on the throne of heaven. I denied you the tree of life, which was a figure, but now I myself am united to you, I who am life. I posted the cherubim to guard you as they would slaves; now I make the cherubim worship you as they would God.

"The cherubim throne has been prepared, the bearers are ready and waiting, the bridal chamber is in order, the food is provided, the everlasting houses and rooms are in readiness; the treasures of good things have been opened; the kingdom of heaven has been prepared before the ages."

A reading from an ancient homily for Holy Saturday

I'll also share some thoughts. I don't mean to pontificate, but it's kinda impossible to share those thoughts without it sounding extremely arrogant. I'm sorry, maybe I am extremely arrogant. Don't read if you're just having a good day.

Reveal hidden contents

Neither of these are all encompassing. Emphasis upon a few in both paragraphs. I think most people are just trying to enjoy their day.

There's a weird drama going on. I just want to remind a few of my brothers in Christ not to use our faith as a tool of mockery, and certainly not in the holiest time of the year. Christ has conquered Death, and He reigns as King. To see someone confused and bitter because they don't appreciate or understand that (or other things) is a great betrayal to the hope for redemption, and is likely only to harden their heart and provoke more hostility to Christ. Please don't take it lightly, this may be a Minecraft server but real people play it, and genuinely wishing the best for them doesn't include calling them a T-word in petty revenge.

And those few who knowingly mock Easter, you should contemplate seriously what your words mean too. Even if you don't understand the sacrifice upon the Cross we mourn on Good Friday, or the triumphant miracle we celebrate Easter Sunday, it is insane to troll the memory of a tortured victim of crucifixion who instituted a religion which humbled tyrants and put social justice and love into the vocabulary of wider human civilization. I'm sorry someone who used His imagery and namesake was mean to you but don't cheaply insult Christ, because that absolutely is worthy of Criticism.

Lastly, I will invite anyone who would like to talk in depth about any of the things I shared (preferably the homily!) to do so in my DMs. I love you all; may God bless you.

A great summary for both sides! Reminds me of Matthew 7:3-5. :^) Also, Ephesians 6:12.

@Nooblius

Christ is King.

1 Peter 1:3: "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

Christ is King. God guide us in these coming years.

المسيح قام ,حقاً قام

Christ has risen - He truly has.

Enjoy a hymn from the beautiful singer herself, Fairuz, our Bird of the East.

Christ is king, For he has risen

Chris Harbus on LinkedIn: He is risen! Jesus Christ is Lord!

Hope everyone had a good easter!

HE HAS RISEN!

the passive aggressiveness of people of the lgbtq+ + atheist on this post is crazy but if we do the same on the trans post its a ban 

Happy Easter my catholic bros ill join you in a few weeks time 

Jesus is the reason that I am getting double pay on my shifts for four days. I love Jesus for helping me provide for my family.

2 hours ago, Gaja said:

see you in a week orthobros

see u may 5 (we're late this year) 

Christ is King.