PONTIFICAL DECREE ON INKING

1 hour ago, oryP said:

Ser Demetrius squinted his eyes at the missive, before putting on reading glasses. “That can niet be right, can it?” He pushed his glasses down to rub his eyes before lifting them once more. “His Holiness jest blessed by the Aengul of Courage, surely their jest nie day that boring that he must ban tattoos.” He’d state, from the safety of his own home, he feared the wandering pontiff look alike would find him too. 

@Javert

It wasn't the Pontiff Lookalike, but Demetrius' bestest friend and brother-in-law, John. "We know about the tattoo of the feline-eared Duke Vuiller on your back; otherwise dubbed a 'catboy'. You cannot run, mankisser," the Galbraith forebodingly warned as he ransacked the Ruthern's thanium-box for milk. "Also, Rhys says hi." John promptly let himself out of the keep.

"Reminds me of an older church. I'd missed it, its wildness. " remarked the An-Gho, reading quietly in the library of Tor-Praeth. 

Father Montfort quickly had his 'I love Caius I.'-tattoo removed from his forhead.

Felyska raised her brows at the missive. Despite her view that tattoos were ugly and abhorrent, her gaze narrowed into a decisively sour one. "Oy vey," She mused, as a hand gloved in silk raised to cover her lips and the judging smile they bore, "What an absolutely purile notion." Her gaze drifted to her hands as her stubborn defiance considered a inky outlet.

"Are you ******* serious..." John sighed understanding this solves absolutely nothing to do with real darkspawn threats and only oppresses good Cannonist believers whod gotten tattoos in their youth, such as his lucky ace tattoo on his shoulder blade 

Wrotek ran his fingers over his shoulder, where the broken arrow was tattooed on his flesh. A mark of pride, a mark of triumph and glory more significant than any battle scar. He shook his head "Doesn't the church have better things to do?"

9 hours ago, SapphirePool said:

Lavanya, a woman hailing from the nation of Cresonia read the decree. "Inking of any kind?" she sent a letter then to her childhood friend, Princess Kareena.

'Your highness, it appears we shall not be able to partake in our traditions of Henna inking for the foreseeable future. I had hoped to set up a small business to bring the artform to this land, though it appears persecution would befall my clientele. How unfortunate' @MissToni

Kareena Nasrid would glance at the missive Lavanya had just shown her after she had just arrived back to Aevos from her travels to Cresonia. 

"I... what? No, henna tattoos are important to our culture when it comes to weddings. I will speak to the High Pontiff about it, surely he will allow such since it's a wedding tradition of our people and it will fade. Unlike the ink he speaks of. Don't worry, Lavanya. I will let you know soon how it goes!" the princess then patted her friend on the shoulder as she began to write a letter.

16 hours ago, MadOne said:

Pontiff Caius, within his usual travels to Norland stared towards both Harald and Halfdan blankly as they frothed at the mouth and tried to be relevant in matters of Canonist faith. He points to the missive for them to gaze upon "It says people of Canonist Creed, folks. . . OF CANONIST CREED. I don't care about you having tattoos if you are an Elf or Norlandic pagan!"

@Javert

The High Keeper smiles the sun's smile.

"I approve!" She spoke joyously, giving the Pontiff a thumbs-up as he wandered by.

Hera glances down at her arms, and the many tattoos there. She looks in the mirror, tilting her head to better see the faded brand upon her neck.

The mark of Azdromoth.

It had been decades since the brand had been in use, she had disconnected it over half a century ago. She thought of the strange patterns she had seen upon Sermi's skin, all those ages ago. . .

"Well, I guess I see the reasoning." Hera murmured to herself. ". . . Meh- I'm already seen as a heretic anyways."

With that, the Sort-of-Canonist Shaman cleaned off her altars, lighting Akezo's candle, then setting a sprig of blissfoil before Saint Amyas's shrine.

20 hours ago, beetle said:

"Ah shit." Eriantiel mumbled, "At least I wear long sleeve."

"HUH?" Peter would say with fury if he knew.

"Huh. Any inking.. Wonder if they count dying your fur. Or hair." Moth of Babblebrook hummed, reading over this with amusement. "Knew they were a crazy bunch. Next they'll prohibit you from wearing makeup."  They snorted at the thought, taking the letter to pin to Dunwen's notice board so others could also have a good laugh.

The Privateer Captain sat down, reading the missive as he received yet another tattoo applied to his back. 
"Hehehe. What a bunch-a jackasses."
He crumpled up the paper and tossed it into the fire.
"Crew! Bring the ship 'round! We will bring our tattoo business to the Canonists!"

On 4/9/2024 at 4:31 PM, Javert said:

Harald, who had talked to himself within his own house, was very confused why the Canonist Pontiff was approaching him in the street. He blinked at the Pontiff - perhaps he was mistaking him for someone else? Nonetheless, he shrugged and went about his day. "That was...an incredibly interesting experience."

Halfdan on the other hand, who was not a Norlander nor even lived in Norland, heard none of this. He was too busy seething over Canonists in his tent alongside his Nomadic Skanarri comrades, as zealous priests do. Even so, given his...less than enthusiastic nature towards Canonists, he probably would've tried to cut the Pontiff's throat had he been in his vicinity.

The Dragonslaying Wall Child is standing behind the Pontiff who is standing behind Harald in Harald's home, as is often the case, overhearing this strange half-conversation. "Lilly says tattoos are leyu." They comment, helpfully, considering what sort of tattoo they would have. Perhaps a dragon being slain by an arrow. Perhaps a marriage bangle. Io looks towards the other people in Harald's home for their input.

1 minute ago, ichigomaster98 said:

The Dragonslaying Wall Child is standing behind the Pontiff who is standing behind Harald in Harald's home, as is often the case, overhearing this strange half-conversation. "Lilly says tattoos are leyu." They comment, helpfully, considering what sort of tattoo they would have. Perhaps a dragon being slain by an arrow. Perhaps a marriage bangle. Io looks towards the other people in Harald's home for their input.

Estel Anarórë, who was stood behind her family member 'The Dragon-slaying Wall Child' Io, who was stood behind the Pontiff, who was stood behind Harald, would blink towards the odd collection of people. "Tattoos? I considered getting one, once.." She paused, thinking for a moment before she continued. "It was a phoenix, for the clan."

She then turned around looking for more discussion, as a conga-line had formed.

14 minutes ago, Lunan_EXE said:

Estel Anarórë, who was stood behind her family member 'The Dragon-slaying Wall Child' Io, who was stood behind the Pontiff, who was stood behind Harald, would blink towards the odd collection of people. "Tattoos? I considered getting one, once.." She paused, thinking for a moment before she continued. "It was a phoenix, for the clan."

She then turned around looking for more discussion, as a conga-line had formed.

Orin sat in the corner of the house and stared at the conversation while he slammed gears against each other out of boredom. Clearly no tattoos on his person, instead he just was slowly replacing his body with metal. "I wanted a tattoo before my flesh fell away."