[Your View] Chat Updates + Miscellaneous Tweaks & Feedback

Java17

42 minutes ago, Creete said:

NEW CHAT COLORS, LET'S GO!!! 

L a v e n d e r is so needed. <3

image.png?ex=66340bfd&is=6632ba7d&hm=c0bdb43d781daf7e6a766040a91eec21fe4431074f379070587956977b22ee30&=

17 minutes ago, Myochii said:

cZrvAb7.png

give me this green or i riot

zLtGmzr.png?format=webp&quality=lossless

15 minutes ago, Traveller said:

pastel yellow enjoyers rise up?

admin approval for this pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Llir @Telanir

image.png?ex=66340d65&is=6632bbe5&hm=dafdbfaed00ac8abf1a5baba78561fd12e41af70951c418c32535f7b9fb14f65&=

19 minutes ago, Adelemphii said:

pastel pink gaming

37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

PIMK!!!!!

image.png?ex=66340dad&is=6632bc2d&hm=2b570d08dc0e677ec843505ee061b95360b55d09d7b31f6d15a85ea7751c4018&=

In regards to Hex codes!!! I have some ideas
image.png.e91789dfe1a3d9f7fc01309667d63558.pngimage.png.cced02f86872c40206172d7e0adbd90f.pngimage.png.d7f7cfd8dc602804e5ff6807a0798c30.pngimage.png.a9f266cc196d340c9b3efd659b5f21be.pngimage.png.709302877c52c6b37a861bcc60b919c4.pngimage.png.9a06b89802bcdf0f432a18f157b37b2c.pngimage.png.79ceb89d6231d79a29d53e75af530b5f.pngimage.png.e154f5322e778b711af2d4a992ab027f.pngimage.png.e409f13b9a28486e329b53eb675042bc.png
Please know this is not all the custom colors I have mind. I can think of at least a dozen or so more

1 hour ago, Java17 said:

At present, we're thinking of limiting these perks to Gold VIP members and higher as a EULA-compliant reward for their support in maintaining the server.

I feel as though these perks should be provided to coal vip along with the other chat perks such as italicizing and bolding their emotes. People shouldn't have to drop around $50 in order to gain access to the chat perks when they could be readily available to a wider margin of players.

please a green that isn't impossible to read would be huge :D

Pastel Pink my beloved

"Re-adding the ability to request players to halt by clicking on them from afar. (Displays a hint above the item-bar)."

I'd love for this feature to come back!

repair plugin?

SOBBING THAT THE EMOTE COLOUR EXAMPLES ARE THELIA-

But yes, Java please do the hex-coloured codes, my eyes are absolutely blinded by the sheer amount of players who have the same green-coloured emote colour all in the text box. I demand different shades.

Might be a little off topic but I'd personally love to see instant name changes be allowed for all VIP tiers, if not the whole server. It would be immensely helpful for being able to do player run events, not to mention for characters themselves when they go "undercover" for an hour or two, or switch forms, such as in Naztherak lore or druidic shapeshifting. 100 USD just for a name change ability (and instant slot switching) seems absurd; It would be nice to either add more rewards or replace the current ones with better upgrades. 

Aside, more chat colors is an amazing idea. I'm super hyped for what tech team has in store.

Really cool post and ideas, thanks for putting this out Java and rising to the ranks of ambitious techies.

4 hours ago, Java17 said:

New Chat Colors

With a practically infinite amount of color options, to keep the theme of and general aesthetic of LotC, I’ve provided a few examples of pastel colors seen below:

Vq5swgj.png

This is cool! I'd suggest for every current basic colour there is for the default player add a corresponding pastel colour accessed with Coal VIP.

Honestly, I wouldn't give more colour options to every single player - frankly it's not needed to change your LOTC experience in the slightest. Giving pastel to even the lowest rank of Coal really would define the rank even more so as a very easy purchase for committed players. If I were to restart my time on LOTC and Coal VIP provided now a whole new range of colors, bold, and italics, the purchase would've seemed all the more tempting.

And yeah, give hexidecimal custom input to some other rank. Maybe gold to encourage the coal VIP --> gold VIP pipeline.

3 hours ago, Java17 said:

Re-adding the ability to request players to halt by clicking on them from afar. (Displays a hint above the item-bar).

I'm having trouble with this idea because I might not fully understand it. I think while, in an ideal world, if everybody could agree that all is fair in love and war this function would work, but we do not live in a minecraftopia. Currently halting just follows the rulebook and is handled player-to-player should no rules be broken. If a rule is broken, then mod gets involved to solve it. I don't think this area is something that should be forceful (which isn't suggested I know), but it not being forceful kind of makes it redundant. This seems to be one of those flair > function ideas. 

3 hours ago, Java17 said:

Potentially adding more skin slots and removing cooldowns

Super neat. I'm Diamond VIP and the ability I looked forward to the most was this function to swap skins, was especially neat having one skin be with a helmet and the other without meaning for dynamic changes in the moment - the only downside, and really the killer, was that cooldown. Super super inconvenient. 

I think the current two skin slots for Diamond VIP is fair. Of course, removing the cooldown would be much appreciated too. I suggest to maximize EULA-friendly VIP perks though the current status of the skins plugin should be hand-me-downed to Gold VIP. Either keep the two skin options with cooldown at this rank, or reduce it to one skin with cooldown too. Gives more variety to the many ranks and adds an enticing addiction to the skin function that possibly the upgrade to diamond from gold would be worth it.

Removal of CT resource island cooldown and fixing unharvestable nodes.

I'm not sure what the rationale could be for removing CT resource cooldown. Already it is extremely quick, you can gather resources even quicker currently than I believe was agreed on at map launch by the grace of squakhawk. During the dev process I was a big shill and still am that the LOTC staff philosophy to resource collection should ultimately be that collecting resources should be as on par in time to collect in vanilla minecraft as possible. In better words, in no case should it be vastly more efficient to dig up dirt on your tiles and grief the land than go to resource island, as was the case on Almaris where people had sapling farms. Brutal times.

Spoiler

image.png?ex=6634378d&is=6632e60d&hm=7f38abcffeaf912f2f2d55d67df669671d02bfa794a1ea2e5bfa9a8afee1e5e4&

To collect a stack of stone at CT then:
64(stack of stone) x 0.4(seconds) = 25.6 (seconds/stack), or roughly about 30 seconds.

In this case, there should be 8 stone nodes with a yield of 4 each, on a 15 second cooldown.

If what I put previous is already currently the case then in reasonable fairness I don't think there's any need for change. If what I put is quicker than what is current, then change should be considered! Overall, I think basing the basic vanilla resource collection should remain rooted in divesting some of your time. If you seek a shortcut, as this removal of times would be, use LC. It exists for a reason and has been a very good money sink thus far.

The addition of training swords for every type of Surge weapon, for example, a Daemonsteel variant.

Honestly, training sword is kind of useless. What's even cooler now is that most RP weapons are additionally functionable mechanical minecraft weapons. If you don't want the durability tick then you purposefully elect to remove its functionability with the /edit roleplay command. The only thing creating these training weapons would appeal is people who want to spam out two stacks of "custom" (stacked) swords for dirt cheap and sell them at extortionate prices. At the very least, the current way is having to make the item proper, having to get a decent amount of iron.

REMOVE THE CURRENT TRAINING SWORD! Nobody trains with it anyway!

The return of colored leather armor for players as well as horses.

• The removal of the cooldown between mounting and dismounting a horse.

I think it's a bit funny that the subpoint here is actually more important than the primary point. 

Yipee to colored leather armor . . . but be much more careful with the removal of the cooldown. You'll be changing the PVP meta a lot and if this is a true consideration, it should be a wider discussion.

Instead if I could suggest anything I would look into the code of how /status prohibits players from accessing chests, furnaces, you name it -- then, apply this same process in regard to when a player who is statused is on a horse to give only them the cooldown. This would mean that no status = no cooldown, but status = cooldown.

What is achieved with this is common players wanting to ride city --> city are unharmed by mechanics intended only to affect PVP.

PLEASE CHANGE THE HORSE WHISTLE DINGING SOUND.

Anyway, overall a really neat post with a wide array of neat ideas! Good job, hope to see it all come to fruition.

if you don't give me the pastel pink emote color i will Die In Real Life

Adding more skin slots is a big yes

5 hours ago, satinkira said:

could you please put an aviary back on CT. otherwise I love you java and would marry you if you asked (please ask).

This was done a while ago after a fix from @Greehn

Is it possible to make it so emote color is tied to a persona? Im kind of tired of having to do /chat settings emotecolor to change it every time I swap.

8 hours ago, Bethinwonderland said:

In regards to Hex codes!!! I have some ideas
image.png.e91789dfe1a3d9f7fc01309667d63558.pngimage.png.cced02f86872c40206172d7e0adbd90f.pngimage.png.d7f7cfd8dc602804e5ff6807a0798c30.pngimage.png.a9f266cc196d340c9b3efd659b5f21be.pngimage.png.709302877c52c6b37a861bcc60b919c4.pngimage.png.9a06b89802bcdf0f432a18f157b37b2c.pngimage.png.79ceb89d6231d79a29d53e75af530b5f.pngimage.png.e154f5322e778b711af2d4a992ab027f.pngimage.png.e409f13b9a28486e329b53eb675042bc.png
Please know this is not all the custom colors I have mind. I can think of at least a dozen or so more

I need the dark purple one so bad please please please please please Im begging