Order Of The Clerics (Recruiting)

Braxis

((Your current information on the Dwarven faith is heavily outdated. Both Hrothgar and Lefor have been retconned, for example. The Paragons are also the Lesser Gods, similar to powerful Demi-Gods, and are subservient to the Brathmordakin. The updated faith can be found here: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/65724-the-hudinmenthalvalir/ ))

[[Thanks updating now, Gorum was supposed to ask ya to contact me about this cause I didnt check dwarf faiths in months :P And please Keep OOC to Minium Guild Forum rules. Either make the message in Rp and make a OOC note or just pm the person]]

1)MC Name & RP Name: LeRenardNoir; Sir Edmond Brunswick

2)Chosen Patron: Aeriel

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to spread a Holy Message through Asulon. I wish to bring healing, and greatest of all, hope. In the name of my Patron, Aeriel, I wish to heal the needy and punish the wicked. I believe that as Cleric I will be best able to provide what help I can to those who need it.

4)Race: Human

5)Flaws in Your Character:

Edmond has an inferiority complex from being a bastard and being constantly turned aside by his father. He doesn't believe he has any worth and constantly seeks validation. He can be greedy when it comes to large sums of money.

6) How long have you been on the server:

2-4 Months

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]Edmond observes as a Shade harasses what appears to be a serf. "You there, what business have you with that poor man?" asks Edmond, defiant. The Shade looks at him and smirks wickedly. "What has that man, that you could possibly want?" Edmond asks the Shade, trying to reason with him. The Shade looks puzzled. "I've got more then he could possibly have!" Edmond taunts. The Shade grins evilly, "I believe you are right", cackling devilishly the Shade slowly starts chanting. Realizing he is almost out of time, Edmond charges at the Shade, sword pointed towards it's throat."I gave you a chance to go elsewhere!" Edmond shouts as he charges. The Shade continues to mutter, more frequently. But, the Shade isn't fast enough, Edmond catches it in the throat. After the Shade is definitely dead, Edmond turns to the serf. "You alright?" he asks kindly. The serf looks up, obviously troubled, "A-a-aye s-s-sir t-thanks t-t y-you," he chatters. Edmond offers him a hand up and continues on his way.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

Edmond is wandering on a mountain range when he hears short ragged breaths. Curious, Edmond goes to investigate. When he finds the source of the noise he is surprised to see a small girl shivering in the snow. Without thinking, Edmond hands the girl his wolf skin cloak. "Have this for now, I'll kindle a fire," Edmond says as he hands his cloak to the girl. Edmond sets about laying his kindling. Edmond then strikes steel against his flint and blows gently on the spark it creates. Before long, a merry fire is roaring on the mountains. "Who are you sir?" the girl asks as Edmond begins roasting beef over the fire. "Consider me a servant of sorts," Edmond says distractedly. "A servant, to whom?" the girl asks again clearly unsatisfied by the answer. "Aeriel, the Arch-Aengul of God", Edmond says as he hands her a hearty piece of the cooked beef. "It would be best for you to get some sleep, young lady," Edmond suggests. The girl takes his advice and tries to go to sleep. Edmond watches for bandits for a while before he goes to bed himself.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables. Edmond is walking down the road when he is interrupted by a lightly clad man. Edmond is slightly perturbed by the interruption. "Er..excuse me sir" Edmond nods politely. The man purposely blocks the way, "You'll give me yer things if ye want to live," the hostile man says. "I have a rather large sum of money, if that interests you" Edmond says civilly. Edmond quietly prays to Aeriel for safety. The man seems to consider this for a while before he finally speaks, "'Ow much we talkin' 'ere?" he growls. "2000 Minas" Edmond states, trying to sound calm. "Aye, they'll do well enough," the man says gruffly, holding out his hand. Edmond hands a small bag of Minas to the bandit. The bandit nods and departs. Edmond briefly thanks Aeriel, and then continues on his way.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. Edmond chuckles at the nonsense spewing from the mouth of a man in the market. "Iblees is our saviour!" he chants. Edmond, fed up with the folly of the man, approaches him. "Sir, I ask you not to spread such nonsense, Iblees destroyed the world, Iblees is the vilest of beings" Edmond says. "But he is powerful!" the man protests. Edmond nods in agreement, "Powerful he may be, but he'll kill you, not protect you," Edmond counters. The man looks deep in thought and Edmond sees an opportunity. "Aeriel is our savior, Aeriel is not only powerful, but just!" Edmond exclaims passionately. "Aeriel will prevail over the corrupt!" Edmond says in a raised voice. The man nods, seemingly accepting of Edmond's preaching. Thinking his job is done, Edmond nods to the man and wanders off.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" A young boy approaches Edmond and asks, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?". Edmond thinks for an appropriate answer. "We must consider all who do wrong in the world, young one. There are many corrupt and impure denizens of Asulon. We must blame it on the evil doers. The boy nods as if understanding. To hammer home the point Edmond continues, "Remember, God does not hate you. We must purge the world of evil. Farewell lad," Edmond lets his words sink in as he walks away.

((Just going to leave this here as it was originally posted on the 17th page and got no verdict, thanks!))

Areon grimaces at the tattered parchment, looking at the would be pupil's choice of patron. He mutters to himself "The caretaker of souls will surely aid ye when you're dead... But with her as your patron, you'll be dead rather soon..." He crumples the parchment and disposes of it. Walking away from the small fort of the Clerical Order.

((I currently cannot do anything on LotC because all my skills, and my entire buddylist was removed. I have no lumberjacking, sword fighting, farming, anything because I was gone so long... I don't know. Everything I established is gone expect my items and permissions..))

[[Assemble the clerics time? Please say yes.]]

[[Please no Pure OOC post. Please make Rp ones with small OOC messages]]

*The Clerical Prophet, Once known as the War Cleric sits in his room writing mutiple letters. His Path of Redemption has began, now he must send word to the other clerics*

((Do Paladins not get any magic anymore?))

Roy begins to dwell in his mind, thinking of perhaps becoming a Paladin. He frowns and holds his empty scabbard tighter, feeling a slight rage.

[[Pretty sure they still do to a lesser extent, like they can do minor healing but not anything major.]]

With a sigh, Eirika finds herself into yet another day of trekking the wilds around her home, running through various fiends of the night for training purposes. A thought passes her mind, but the need to decapitate a nearby zombie is prioritized over such a thought.

1)MC Name & RP Name: MCname: Ninjatuna132 RpName: Seyer Reeyse

2)Chosen Patron: The Light

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Seyer has experienced suffering in most of his childhood and thinks it's unfair for other people to suffer the same he did. He wants help people to have faith that there is still hope for them.

4)Race: Human

5)Flaws in Your Character: My character is still young and can be obvious of the situation causing him to be distracted. He still childish and can be blunt in a way which can cause some hurt to other people.

6) How long have you been on the server: 4 months

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

Seyer noticing the shade harassing citizens. "It's either you or you don't have a brain" The shade noticing Seyer and turned to him "What was that?"

The Shade looking at Seyer. "No I mean the law perfectly states that you shouldn't do that" Seyer grips on his holstered sword in case things go bad. The Shade shadows his eyes and starts murmuring words and without thinking Seyer shoves taking himself the shade to ground unable to finish his murmuring words. Seyer shouts at the citizen to call for help. "Quickly get the guards!" The citizen got up on his feet and started yelling for help.Both Seyer and the shade got back on their feet. Seyer drew his sword out and points it at the shadowy mage. "I may be young but doesn't mean I can't fight back, plus you can't take on the amount of people he is calling for." The Shade growling and ran towards the forests to escape. Seyer murmured to himself "Another soul away from suffering".

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

Noticing the small child the guilt that Seyer has shivers down his back. "Hey Kid it's not safe out here" The child looks up to Seyer and looks back down. Seyer walks up to the shivering child and gives her his coat to wear. "Come with me I'll take you to the inn don't worry I'll pay for the fee you just rest okay?" As he paid for the fee and settled down inside with the child asks "Why are you helping me no one helps me." And Seyer gave a reply "It's not right to leave someone who never even got a chance to live normally and it's not right to just leave someone out there." Seyer gave a piece of bread to the girl. "What any meat with that?" The young girl nod. Seyer gave the young child some beef. "Your going to stay with me until we find some people to look after you" Seyer smiled at her. "And if there is anyone going to hurt you I will protect you" The child looks at Seyer and says "Thank you" Seyer nods. "Come on lets pray before we go to bed" After they prayed they the slept for the night waiting for the next day rise.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

Looking at the man he seems to show some hesitation. "I'll kill you if you don't give me your money and items" Seyer replies to the man "Look your show signs of hesitation I can help you" The bandit looked at him with an angered face "I'm a bandit no one can help me" Seyer shouts at him "But I can I know your not a type of person who wouldn't kill or threaten some, here these are most of my money use it to start a new life" Holding out the pouch of money the bandit lowers his weapons and looks at Seyer with surprise "Why?" Seyer look at him with a smile "Because I'm not a bad person and I know bandits only come from fair men who start doing bad deeds" The bandit snatches the money and ransbut stops to say "Thank you..." As he carried on running. Seyer puffed out a breath "I wish him the future" Seyer continues his walk to the next town.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

"If Iblees is the only way survive then why did he try destroying Aegis?" Seyer looks at the man with crossed arms and leaning towards a wall."Don't judge or make people lose faith in their patrons I don't hate Iblees but I hate the followers of Iblees who use him as an excuse to do such horrid things. People who say that their patron is stronger is weak because it's their faith that makes the patrons and us strong if we have faith." Seyer walks away as the crowed start yelling at the man shouting fake deities about their beliefs.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

"Aye a very hard question indeed" Seyer takes a deep breath and says "We are all sinners of nature but God weeps for all of us, but we still have each other to help he trusts us with each other to help one another we have to help our own problems and not always rely on God all the time he wants to be strong together to end our suffering. We are not perfect he is also allowing suffering to teach us the error of our ways make us better ourselves in another way." Seyer takes in a breath and lets it out."He allows suffering but we can end it, we can show him that we can look after ourselves.

Areon treks upon the gravel path towards the Sanctuary, his chainmail tunic jingling against his body's gentle sway, staff steadily pinging against the pebbles. His deep blue trail is outlined by dirt and dust from travels throughout the empire, stained brown by the long dried blood. His gnarled face adorned with the wrinkles and lines of weariness and travel. He eventually veers off the path, heading down a dimly lit trail. His faded sigil, painted upon his chest plate catching the light of the dying torches. He finally sees his destination, the clerical fort, seemingly bleak and dead in the night.

As Areon approaches, he notices the glint of fire and smoke rising behind the walls, the gate opened wide. Narrowing his eyes, he untassels the silver mace upon his belt. Manifesting his aura gradually as he closes the distance between him and the source of life within. What he finds however is even more shocking than seeing a group of bandits or even a lich. Areon sees his mentor, now the prophet, within. Thought dead and gone for years. Looking towards the hunkered sillhouette as the metal mask slowly turns towards him, he stands speechless for a moment. The two begin the converse, the only last known... Alive, members of their diminishing order. After hours of speaking, the prophet teaches the final spell to Areon... As well as a foreshadowing of a test of faith.

Areon had arrived a to the fort a weary man, a simple cleric with wandering direction. Now he leaves as the War Cleric. Journeying towards Ildon, to begin his meditations and resume his trainings with the ascended. In preparation for the tests of faith to come. Renewed in spirit and intention.

(( Not sure if I already posted, but do I have to apply since I was inducted as an apprentice and my character is learning etc? ))

((No need for an app if you've made it through the trials. The apps are an OOC acceptance, not RP. I didn't even know there was an application process until Areon became an actual cleric ;)

However your character has RPly been an apprentice for six or so years with no contact... No app needed, but the order isn't going to be impressed with your character's dedication))

@NeverRage. I am going to put a pending upon your application. Considering the fact you're new I'm not going to just flat out deny you. I suggest you meet me in game for a deeper understanding of the clerics and how to accurately RP one. Gametag is wardog4445, /t me if I'm on with a 'bird' and I'll set up a meeting with you.

((No need for an app if you've made it through the trials. The apps are an OOC acceptance, not RP. I didn't even know there was an application process until Areon became an actual cleric ;)

However your character has RPly been an apprentice for six or so years with no contact... No app needed, but the order isn't going to be impressed with your character's dedication))

@NeverRage. I am going to put a pending upon your application. Considering the fact you're new I'm not going to just flat out deny you. I suggest you meet me in game for a deeper understanding of the clerics and how to accurately RP one. Gametag is wardog4445, /t me if I'm on with a 'bird' and I'll set up a meeting with you.

I've actually been working with Braxis privately for training. :)

((A few questions I would like to ask before considering sending in my application.

Do Clerics/Paladins require a Magic app to learn the things they do?

Do Paladins even learn magic?

Are Paladins less important than clerics? (I just saw that their app was much shorter than the Clerics.)

Thanks for your time!))

--Edited--

((eheh... Sorry, didn't see the "No pure OOC posts" Part.... x.x Adding RP now!))

As Sylvan walks through Cloud Temple, he spots a man with a golden staff, speaking to someone about The Light. Curious, Sylvan walks somewhat toward the man, observing and listening as he spoke, interested in what he had to say.