[✓] [Lore]The Daldriad

Watyll

35 members have voted

1. 1. Implement?

This is some really great lore here...except for one major problem. You mention under the religion aspect of the culture that they are a monotheistic faith, yet you refer to the use of multiple deities twice throughout the lore. The first time is under the 'war' section, where you talk about the god of war. The second time is under the song/dance section, where you write that they do their rituals to get the attention of their gods. Just saying, something you may want to fix.

This is some really great lore here...except for one major problem. You mention under the religion aspect of the culture that they are a monotheistic faith, yet you refer to the use of multiple deities twice throughout the lore. The first time is under the 'war' section, where you talk about the god of war. The second time is under the song/dance section, where you write that they do their rituals to get the attention of their gods. Just saying, something you may want to fix.

Thanks for pointing that out, this lore has been through so many edits some things still remain from the original lore >.<

Watyll, my Pennsylvanian brother, if this is accepted, I will return in-game. So...everyone, you know who to burn when the time comes. >:3

It is a game, there is no need for anyone to be offended.

I have to agree. As a member of the one of the Lakota tribes in South Dakota, I can see many things that are similar to the culture that my tribe had. Does this mean I should be offended. No, it's only a game and I doubt anyone is trying to go out of their way to offend Native Americans. For one, I'm very excited for this culture because of the similarities it shares with my tribes culture. It has been one of my desires to see a nomadic culture like many of the Great Plains tribes. Watyll, great job with all the lore and I'm excited to see this in LOTC.

*Adras otices a glow out his window, late at night. He gets up, only to realize it's a burning building. He notices a mob of dark figures, chanting.*

Those damned Daldriad again...

*Adras otices a glow out his window, late at night. He gets up, only to realize it's a burning building. He notices a mob of dark figures, chanting.*

Those damned Daldriad again...

This made me laugh xD

On a note to everyone else, thanks for the support!

I support, but I also suggest you just go do it. This seems to be a FUN application. Do not let an admin deny your FUN application. Just go have it and provide fun rp.

This "Admin" as you call it, happens to be looking out for the interests of the server as a whole. Because, like it or not, someone complained, and it only takes one person to complain for it to become an issue. Especially when it is accusations of racism. Just because you, or your brother, or your sister's cousin doesn't find it offensive doesn't mean everyone will have the same opinion. This server is apart of the public domain, which means that it falls under the regulation of the ISP holders. Which most likely are American, which means it falls under American law. American laws are in place that if someone wanted to, they could take someone to court for charges of racism, and it doesn't require a group of people to do so, it requires one person. Just one.

Shoi is looking out for the server to avoid the fact that it could be shutdown via legal action. I'd rather that the Admin and Lore master team takes these precautions instead of just throwing that to the wind for people like you.

Wake up and smell the ashes kid, the world isn't a nice place. It is filled with red tape, and these people are here to try and stop that red tape from killing the server. It isn't the fact that they don't want you to have fun, it is the fact that they don't want you to have fun at the expense of the server's integrity.

So, stop trying to defy "The man" like some rebellious teen.

It was denied for the reasons shoi stated. You either take it and try and improve apon it in that aspect or you leave it. Trying to go around and RP it anyways will lead to exactly what the were wolf players got themselves into.

A permanent ban.

This "Admin" as you call it, happens to be looking out for the interests of the server as a whole. Because, like it or not, someone complained, and it only takes one person to complain for it to become an issue. Especially when it is accusations of racism. Just because you, or your brother, or your sister's cousin doesn't find it offensive doesn't mean everyone will have the same opinion. This server is apart of the public domain, which means that it falls under the regulation of the ISP holders. Which most likely are American, which means it falls under American law. American laws are in place that if someone wanted to, they could take someone to court for charges of racism, and it doesn't require a group of people to do so, it requires one person. Just one.

Shoi is looking out for the server to avoid the fact that it could be shutdown via legal action. I'd rather that the Admin and Lore master team takes these precautions instead of just throwing that to the wind for people like you.

Wake up and smell the ashes kid, the world isn't a nice place. It is filled with red tape, and these people are here to try and stop that red tape from killing the server. It isn't the fact that they don't want you to have fun, it is the fact that they don't want you to have fun at the expense of the server's integrity.

So, stop trying to defy "The man" like some rebellious teen.

It was denied for the reasons shoi stated. You either take it and try and improve apon it in that aspect or you leave it. Trying to go around and RP it anyways will lead to exactly what the were wolf players got themselves into.

A permanent ban.

It isn't denied anymore. Shoi gave permission for the LMs to review it now.

I was going to come back and be snippy with blundermore, but it is not worth it.

Go have fun, that is all I am trying to say.

I really like the idea for this and I hope to see it implemented. And just a heads up for you, there is still a reference to the origins of piracy in the first paragraph of 'War'. I support this 100%, best of luck to you, I have a mind to play one if it gets accepted!

I really like the idea for this and I hope to see it implemented. And just a heads up for you, there is still a reference to the origins of piracy in the first paragraph of 'War'. I support this 100%, best of luck to you, I have a mind to play one if it gets accepted!

Thanks for the heads up, and of course, the more the merrier!

I support! I have been waiting for a race similar to the Dothraki, I would be very excited if this got implemented. +1