House Valois Role Call And Recruitment

steelersfan1221

MC Name: TheRealKiru

RP Name: Chanda Aldridge

Short Biography: Chanda was born to a pair of servant parents who served a family friend who needed help keeping his home and fields tended to when he went away regularly on his explorations. She was taught how to be a servant from a young age and served alongside her parents until she was old enough to be on her own. She is very polite and will address people she meets sir or ma'am, unless she knows their title. Chanda enjoys cooking, farming and tailoring.

Character Ambitions: To serve a house loyally and respectfully, perhaps meet a love interest while doing so, but mainly to have a home and someone to serve.

Why are you joining?: Chanda wishes to serve House Valois due to no other places keeping maids or servants. She wishes to help and assist the House in various ways in return for their kindness towards her.

What do you wish to achieve?: To become an upstanding member of the House servants and to become an expert in tailoring.

What are your professions?: Chef/Farmer/Servant

Valois Service Oath:  I, Chanda Aldridge, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

MC Name: TheRealKiru

RP Name: Chanda Aldridge

Short Biography: Chanda was born to a pair of servant parents who served a family friend who needed help keeping his home and fields tended to when he went away regularly on his explorations. She was taught how to be a servant from a young age and served alongside her parents until she was old enough to be on her own. She is very polite and will address people she meets sir or ma'am, unless she knows their title. Chanda enjoys cooking, farming and tailoring.

Character Ambitions: To serve a house loyally and respectfully, perhaps meet a love interest while doing so, but mainly to have a home and someone to serve.

Why are you joining?: Chanda wishes to serve House Valois due to no other places keeping maids or servants. She wishes to help and assist the House in various ways in return for their kindness towards her.

What do you wish to achieve?: To become an upstanding member of the House servants and to become an expert in tailoring.

What are your professions?: Chef/Farmer/Servant

Valois Service Oath:  I, Chanda Aldridge, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

Accepted! Shoot me a PM for more info.

A note is posted on the notice board.

"Are those damned church-makers gone yet?"

Relgard Valois walks off, looking for another rock to throw at the window.

MC Name: ratboy07

RP Name: Thomas Elmore

Short Bio: (It's a LONG bio, so ima try to sum it up as well as possible) Thomas was born and raised in the city of Al'Khazar. He was a wealthy young man, and he had great sword, bow, and smith skills. One day came along, a day with a huge lightning storm. It was the undeads. They destroyed the city, forcing everyone to evacuate. Leaving the city, he had lost ALL of his money and items. To this day, he is left homeless, staving, and roaming the streets.

Character Abitions: To find a career that pays well and provides food and shelter, or at least the money for it.

Why are you joining?: Thomas wants and needs a job to be able to satify his basic needs. Also to continue to do what he loves; smith.

What do you wish to achieve?: To become the best blacksmith in history.

What are your professions?: Smithing/Archery/Swords

Oath: I, Thomas Elmore, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

MC Name: ratboy07

RP Name: Thomas Elmore

Short Bio: (It's a LONG bio, so ima try to sum it up as well as possible) Thomas was born and raised in the city of Al'Khazar. He was a wealthy young man, and he had great sword, bow, and smith skills. One day came along, a day with a huge lightning storm. It was the undeads. They destroyed the city, forcing everyone to evacuate. Leaving the city, he had lost ALL of his money and items. To this day, he is left homeless, staving, and roaming the streets.

Character Abitions: To find a career that pays well and provides food and shelter, or at least the money for it.

Why are you joining?: Thomas wants and needs a job to be able to satify his basic needs. Also to continue to do what he loves; smith.

What do you wish to achieve?: To become the best blacksmith in history.

What are your professions?: Smithing/Archery/Swords

Oath: I, Thomas Elmore, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

Accepted!

[color="#006400"]MC Name:[/color] AmKrules

[color="#006400"]RP Name:[/color] John Smith

[color="#006400"]Short Biography:[/color] John grew up just outside the slums of Arethor with his mother, father, and two sisters. His father was a smith, as had been his father, and his father before him, and he was training John to be a smith himself. When John was twelve, halfway through his training, his father died of plague. For the next thirteen years he helped run the shop with his uncle until he left to start his own. He moved to Simonia and become the smith for the Geminines. There, he improved his skills to almost those of his father. When they left Asulon, though, he lost all of it. For the past few years he's been living low in New Arethor homeless, dreaming of starting his forge again.

[color="#006400"]Character Ambitions:[/color] To become the smith his father was and own a large forge, to find his family again.

[color="#006400"]Why are you joining?:[/color] He wants to own a forge again, and has no food or money left.

[color="#006400"]What do you wish to achieve?[/color] He wants to have economic stability again.

[color="#006400"]What is your profession?[/color] Forgeon.

[color="#006400"]Valois Service Oath:[/color] I, John Smith, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of
House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I
understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the
day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility
that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence.
Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian
Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

MC Name: AmKrules

RP Name: John Smith

Short Biography: John grew up just outside the slums of Arethor with his mother, father, and two sisters. His father was a smith, as had been his father, and his father before him, and he was training John to be a smith himself. When John was twelve, halfway through his training, his father died of plague. For the next thirteen years he helped run the shop with his uncle until he left to start his own. He moved to Simonia and become the smith for the Geminines. There, he improved his skills to almost those of his father. When they left Asulon, though, he lost all of it. For the past few years he's been living low in New Arethor homeless, dreaming of starting his forge again.

Character Ambitions: To become the smith his father was and own a large forge, to find his family again.

Why are you joining?: He wants to own a forge again, and has no food or money left.

What do you wish to achieve? He wants to have economic stability again.

What is your profession? Forgeon.

Valois Service Oath: I, John Smith, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of

Accepted!

*A letter is adressed to the high command of house Valois*

Proposed Valois Guard Reforms

*It is written in elegant letters*

The guard corps is currently not as efficient as possible.
For maximum efficiency I propose several major reforms. The first would be the
standardization of rank. Most of the current ranks would be kept, yet changed
in a drastic way. The second would be the creation of commands. Finally, the
third would be the standardization of the weapons used.

Ranks and standard weapons:

The Fantassins will remain the standard starting rank. They
would be equipped with a short sword, a pilum, a dagger and a small buckler
shield. These are in a way the grunts of the army. They would receive standard
train9ing and be proficient in fortification building.

The Caporal will be
the first NCO rank, one which should be attained after a certain time of service
in the guard. They would retain the same equipment than a fantassin, apart
having an extra pilum.

A sergeant is the backbone of the military. He would be
equipped with a halberd and a two handed sword. The sergeant would be in charge
of a certain amount of men during hostile action. He would also be in charge of
recruiting.

The lieutenant is a very important person. He would be the
one to carry the standard of House Valois. His job on the field would be to serve
as a rallying point for the men. He would be armed with a simple dagger and short
sword. There should only ever be on lieutenant.

A captain is the highest rank an enlisted man can reach.
There should be three captains at maximum ((Two normal captains and one for the
chasseurs)). The captains are in charge of regulating pay, food, guard duty and
such. They would be armed with a short sword, dagger, war mattock and a shield along with a
weapon of choice.

The commandant rank would only be attained by a trusted
friend of House Valois or a noble. He would choose his own equipment and would
be the second-in-command of the guard. There should only be one.

Finally, the Master-At-Arms would be the highest rank. He is
the leader of the guard and an important figure. He would choose his own
equipment and relay his orders through the captains.

The ranks should be accorded with regularity ((For example,
there shouldn’t be 8 sergeants, 6 corporals and no fantassins)) among the
number of troops at the moment.

The Chasseurs:

Men who have proven themselves may join the chasseurs. This
would be an elite group of individuals who wield ranged weapons. There would be
3 regulars, a caporal and the “Chef-Chasseur”.

Uniforms:

A recruit would design his own uniform with the standard gold
and maroon colors. The higher the rank, the more armor.  A lieutenant would have a wolf skin cap and
the sergeant a sort of beret.

Commands:

The basic parade commands would be given in French.

For example:

Forward “En avant”

Back “Retraite”

To arms “Aux armes”

Hopefully after careful review you will find that these
reforms would greatly enhance the performance of the Valois Guard.

Dvari Steel-Anvil

[color="#006400"]MC Name:[/color] Cahillguy

[color="#006400"]RP Name:[/color] Gerould Cahill

[color="#006400"]Short Biography:[/colorGerould Cahill was born in Ager, a small peasant village in the Holy Oren Empire. He and his family are all human Southerons, except for his mother’s father’s side, who were Northerners. His parents’ names were Vera and Hobbes Cahill, and his now-dead brother was called Walter. Gerould was born with blue eyes, dark hair and a tanned complexion. However, as he grew up in Arethor, his skin eventually lightened. He is now 24 years old, 6"2 tall and weighs 137 lbs.

Gerould is naturally suspicious of everyone around him, but is extremely loyal to his friends and companions. However, this is also his weakness as he makes friends at a slower rate than others (unless they ‘bribe’ him) and makes more enemies than friends. Gerould, like most Southerons, is more brainy than brawny, and uses his intelligence to help himself or other people get out of trouble. He often doesn’t look for a fight, unless it’s just a sparring match or if he doesn’t have a choice (like if he or someone else is in danger).

Today, Gerould has developed into an adept farmer and someone of above average intelligence. His intellect came from reading difficult books. During those his life, he has also been trained a little by his father in melee combat when he takes leave from the militia. 

[color="#006400"]Character Ambitions:[/color Join the Holy Oren Empire and work his way up to a high rank; be loyal and helpful to said kingdom and the friends that he meets; help random people with good intentions (also to make money if he can); become more skilled at combat and farming.

[color="#006400"]Why are you joining?:[/color] He believes he can help the Holy Oren Empire by joining House Valois. It is also so he can find a place to live, work and belong.

[color="#006400"]What do you wish to achieve?[/color] As mentioned above (help the Holy Oren Empire, a sense of belonging, increase farming and mainly, combat skills, maybe a high rank, etc.)

[color="#006400"]What is your profession?[/color] Farmer (but also wishes to become a Fighter)

[color="#006400"]Valois Service Oath:[/colorI, Gerould Cahill, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

*A letter is adressed to the high command of house Valois*

Proposed Valois Guard Reforms

*It is written in elegant letters*

The guard corps is currently not as efficient as possible.

For maximum efficiency I propose several major reforms. The first would be the

standardization of rank. Most of the current ranks would be kept, yet changed

in a drastic way. The second would be the creation of commands. Finally, the

third would be the standardization of the weapons used.

Ranks and standard weapons:

The Fantassins will remain the standard starting rank. They

would be equipped with a short sword, a pilum, a dagger and a small buckler

shield. These are in a way the grunts of the army. They would receive standard

train9ing and be proficient in fortification building.

The Caporal will be

the first NCO rank, one which should be attained after a certain time of service

in the guard. They would retain the same equipment than a fantassin, apart

having an extra pilum.

A sergeant is the backbone of the military. He would be

equipped with a halberd and a two handed sword. The sergeant would be in charge

of a certain amount of men during hostile action. He would also be in charge of

recruiting.

The lieutenant is a very important person. He would be the

one to carry the standard of House Valois. His job on the field would be to serve

as a rallying point for the men. He would be armed with a simple dagger and short

sword. There should only ever be on lieutenant.

A captain is the highest rank an enlisted man can reach.

There should be three captains at maximum ((Two normal captains and one for the

chasseurs)). The captains are in charge of regulating pay, food, guard duty and

such. They would be armed with a short sword, dagger, war mattock and a shield along with a

weapon of choice.

The commandant rank would only be attained by a trusted

friend of House Valois or a noble. He would choose his own equipment and would

be the second-in-command of the guard. There should only be one.

Finally, the Master-At-Arms would be the highest rank. He is

the leader of the guard and an important figure. He would choose his own

equipment and relay his orders through the captains.

The ranks should be accorded with regularity ((For example,

there shouldn’t be 8 sergeants, 6 corporals and no fantassins)) among the

number of troops at the moment.

The Chasseurs:

Men who have proven themselves may join the chasseurs. This

would be an elite group of individuals who wield ranged weapons. There would be

3 regulars, a caporal and the “Chef-Chasseur”.

Uniforms:

A recruit would design his own uniform with the standard gold

and maroon colors. The higher the rank, the more armor.  A lieutenant would have a wolf skin cap and

the sergeant a sort of beret.

Commands:

The basic parade commands would be given in French.

For example:

Forward “En avant”

Back “Retraite”

To arms “Aux armes”

Hopefully after careful review you will find that these

reforms would greatly enhance the performance of the Valois Guard.

Dvari Steel-Anvil

*Chrestienne looks over the new proposal, nodding her head in approval. Immediately after reading the letter she has a servant send Dvari a letter she wrote, the letter reads

"Caporal Dvari, your intelligence and willing to improve this guard give me hope that we will be one of the elite houses in a militaristic and respect. I would love to see this put into action immediately, along with your promotion to sergeant. Please get in talks with Morg immediately to get this all in progress.

-Signed

Duchess Chrestienne Valois 

[color="#006400"]MC Name:[/color] Cahillguy

[color="#006400"]RP Name:[/color] Gerould Cahill

[color="#006400"]Short Biography:[/colorGerould Cahill was born in Ager, a small peasant village in the Holy Oren Empire. He and his family are all human Southerons, except for his mother’s father’s side, who were Northerners. His parents’ names were Vera and Hobbes Cahill, and his now-dead brother was called Walter. Gerould was born with blue eyes, dark hair and a tanned complexion. However, as he grew up in Arethor, his skin eventually lightened. He is now 24 years old, 6"2 tall and weighs 137 lbs.

Gerould is naturally suspicious of everyone around him, but is extremely loyal to his friends and companions. However, this is also his weakness as he makes friends at a slower rate than others (unless they ‘bribe’ him) and makes more enemies than friends. Gerould, like most Southerons, is more brainy than brawny, and uses his intelligence to help himself or other people get out of trouble. He often doesn’t look for a fight, unless it’s just a sparring match or if he doesn’t have a choice (like if he or someone else is in danger).

Today, Gerould has developed into an adept farmer and someone of above average intelligence. His intellect came from reading difficult books. During those his life, he has also been trained a little by his father in melee combat when he takes leave from the militia. 

[color="#006400"]Character Ambitions:[/color Join the Holy Oren Empire and work his way up to a high rank; be loyal and helpful to said kingdom and the friends that he meets; help random people with good intentions (also to make money if he can); become more skilled at combat and farming.

[color="#006400"]Why are you joining?:[/color] He believes he can help the Holy Oren Empire by joining House Valois. It is also so he can find a place to live, work and belong.

[color="#006400"]What do you wish to achieve?[/color] As mentioned above (help the Holy Oren Empire, a sense of belonging, increase farming and mainly, combat skills, maybe a high rank, etc.)

[color="#006400"]What is your profession?[/color] Farmer (but also wishes to become a Fighter)

[color="#006400"]Valois Service Oath:[/colorI, Gerould Cahill, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois. By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties. I swear to respect all nobility that be in my presence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence. Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, “To act for others, to serve the empire.”

Accepted, send me a bird (PM on the forums) for more information.

MC Name: MrGreene_HD is the account for this character.

RP Name: Thomen Predtwich

Short Biography: Thomen was born in Ager in Asulon and was raised on a farm. His mother and father both died from old age when he was about 16. He went to live with his Uncle whom lived in Crestfall. He now is a homeless farmer whom looks for some land to settle on.

Character Ambitions: To get married, live on his own farm and have children.

Why are you joining?: I have seen and heard of Valois roleplay before and would like to join in because from what I have seen and heard it sounds very good.

What do you wish to achieve? I wish to enhance my roleplay and perhaps enhance others too.

What is your profession?

Fermier (Farmer)

Chef de Cuisine (Chef/Cook)

Valois Service Oath:I, Thomen , swear to abide by the rules and regulations of

Accepted!

[color="#006400"]MC Name: BobVIII[/color]

[color="#006400"]RP Name: Judoc Suibhne[/color]

[color="#006400"]Short Biography: Judoc was raised in a small village of tribal people in the northern forests of Asulon.  She farmed and cooked for many in the village before going on a traditional coming of age voyage.  Once she saw the rest of the world, there was no going back.  She journied, homeless and penniless, across Asulon, picking up many different trades and skills.  Then, she returned to the woods of her home in an effort to rejoin her people.  But she soon found she could not, and found herself once again wandering, searching for a new home and a new job.[/color]

[color="#006400"]Character Ambitions: To settle down with a family and a stable job, to own a bakery of her own.[/color]

[color="#006400"]Why are you joining?: I have always been a fan of any noble house roleplay, and I search for a place of employment and somewhere to start my return to the world of Asulon.[/color]

[color="#006400"]What do you wish to achieve? I wish to learn more about Oren roleplay and make new connections and aquaintances on the server, hopefully enhancing my experience and that of others.[/color]

[color="#006400"]What is your profession?  Judoc always preferred the role of a fermier of a chef de cuisine, but all members of the village were required to learn the art of war to some extent, so a she could concievably fill the role of a Fantassin.  Also, the position of Serviteur could be learned.[/color]

[color="#006400"]Valois Service Oath: I, Judoc Suibhne, swear to abide by the rules and regulations of House Valois.  By repeating this oath and signing this document, I understand that I am dedicated to serving under House Valois until the day that I am dismissed from my duties.  i swear to respect all nobility that be in my spresence, and to respect all serfs that be in my presence.  Lastly, I swear to abide by the House Motto first said by Balian Guivret, "To act for others, to serve the empire." [/color]

Accepted, send me a PM for more information.