The Mages Guild

Sagwort

((yes... they let me in, knocked me out, and tried to feed me to a squid. i managed to fend it off, but then the mages stabbed me and put me back in... so im going self taught...))

Squid are almost as bad as bats. And what do you mean by OP? I only know that as overpowered.

You likely pissed them off IC.

(( OP is also Original Post(er) ))

They say nothing about where they are located, only what they do and blah, which I read originally and via the new MA system post. I heard of them being close to Malinor via a guy in the Malinor TS channel. Only tidbit I have had on their newest whereabouts. Hell, maybe I should just bug a builder.

They say nothing about where they are located, only what they do and blah, which I read originally and via the new MA system post. I heard of them being close to Malinor via a guy in the Malinor TS channel. Only tidbit I have had on their newest whereabouts. Hell, maybe I should just bug a builder.

((even if you do find it through ooc, you cant find it IC... that would be Mete-gaming...))

Aye, going directly there IG would be going there IC, which is meta if gained from OOC. But I do not plan to do that. If I get the coords OOC, then I would use that info to get the sense of where it is compared to wherever I am IG and wander off in that direction. That way, at least I will be wondering in the correct direction rather than in a direction absolutely leading me away from my desire, which would be utterly redundant and heedlessly drag on my searching, which is

very boring now. It is a common thing to have a good sense of direction and also to have a sense for how things might be placed, especially if you know how other things are.

Granted, I, irl, don't have either of these. But Danle isn't me. If I get the general area, then it would be even easier to roleplay going there since I don't know where it is. "North of Malinor." Okay, Malinor was north... go around Malinor and head northwards more. Somewhere. OOC. IC. Malinor is the home of elves, most connected to magic. Likely that the Mages Order is nearby. Hm... nothing south, I have checked west, let's try north now. Honestly, me and Danle both think they would be somewhere around Malinor. Hence why he went there in Elysium, Kalos and now Anthos.

Aye, going directly there IG would be going there IC, which is meta if gained from OOC. But I do not plan to do that. If I get the coords OOC, then I would use that info to get the sense of where it is compared to wherever I am IG and wander off in that direction. That way, at least I will be wondering in the correct direction rather than in a direction absolutely leading me away from my desire, which would be utterly redundant and heedlessly drag on my searching, which is

very boring now. It is a common thing to have a good sense of direction and also to have a sense for how things might be placed, especially if you know how other things are.

Granted, I, irl, don't have either of these. But Danle isn't me. If I get the general area, then it would be even easier to roleplay going there since I don't know where it is. "North of Malinor." Okay, Malinor was north... go around Malinor and head northwards more. Somewhere. OOC. IC. Malinor is the home of elves, most connected to magic. Likely that the Mages Order is nearby. Hm... nothing south, I have checked west, let's try north now. Honestly, me and Danle both think they would be somewhere around Malinor. Hence why he went there in Elysium, Kalos and now Anthos.

((Its still meta...))

No it's not, actually. What would naturally occur is fine, though some natural things can't occur simply because of OOC issues, such as lack of knowledge.

No it's not, actually. What would naturally occur is fine, though some natural things can't occur simply because of OOC issues, such as lack of knowledge.

((just because you lack knowledge IC doesn't mean you can use the OOC information to even remotely influence IC... but i could be wrong... you should ask a mod or something...))

((You would never naturally find it. It is pretty out of the way and near impossible to 'stumble upon'))

((You would never naturally find it. It is pretty out of the way and near impossible to 'stumble upon'))

((...i stumbled on it...))

(( If exploring is your pension, curiosity your mind, then there are several things you will come to know in pursuit of knowledge. ~ Myoni ))

Stumbling upon it is always possible. Especially when it is your desire to find it.

((All OOC is to cease now, without proper reasoning/rp post with warrant a warn. First and final warning.))

((Meguzara I believe this is an OOC thread, not an IC thread. Correct me if I am wrong.))

Meguzara

Forum Moderator Comment

This is RP, as several Mages Guild leaders have pmed myself, and asked me to request that the OOC cease, and it is to cease, or it will warrant a warn.