The Mages Guild

Sagwort

(( I just did a minor facedesk. I did not see the post pertaining to the lectures, so I managed to miss the first ones. Yet, now that I know the date I /should/ be able to attend saturday. ))

(( I'm interested in joining, but I'm not sure if yours is the floating tower I saw by the dwarven capital. If it is, how are non-magic users supposed to get in? ))

(( I'm interested in joining, but I'm not sure if yours is the floating tower I saw by the dwarven capital. If it is, how are non-magic users supposed to get in? ))

[[....Floating? Wat. We're on a mountain. Whatever floating tower you saw is probably somebody else. We're on a mountain.

Vectis would have traveled all the way from the capital of Oren, down dark roads and through unknown foreign lands. He scaled the broken road of the deadly mountain and read the sign about the two sides of magic and how only the user shapes how magic will affect the world. Vectis would have been ready to break but continued on through the driving snow, tumbling and falling, at times facing his death. Each time he picked himself up off the edge of rock and back onto that path, persevering and trudging on, only to find a closed gatehouse with the sign, "We're not currently taking any new apprentices"

Crushed by this fact, Vectis sobbed for a few minutes there in the cold, in front of an empty guild with a closed gatehouse. When he finished crying, he thought for a good hour on what to do next before picking himself back up and slowly, carefully, making his way back down the mountain.

(( How do I apply for Archanix?))

[[step one: become an apprentice. Step two: get to be a master. Step three: kill Jon to death/convince someone to give him a promotion. Step four: be chosen as the next Archanix. Simply put, you don't apply to be Archanix. Archanix is third in command. Coincidentally, he is the glorified librarian, but it isn't just a simple application.]]

*A notice is sent out to every apprentice and initiate by bird. It reads:*

"Attention all apprentices and initiates,

you are to report immediately, or as soon as possibly, to the mage college in the dwarven lands. There is an emergency during which everyone will be accounted for. If you are not able to report, send a bird to me as soon as you possibly can.

Jon Evaglno, Archanix"

[[Yeah... Due to some scheduling issues, if we could move tomorrow's lecture back to 11 AM CST, that'd be great. if you're attending that, please, just show up an hour early.]]

(( I would like to point out that 6 pm GMT is not the same time as 1 pm EST, can someone please correct this. ))

Notice

-----

Tomorrow there will be a lecture.  ALL apprentices are required to attend as we will be saying who will be moving on to take on training from one of our many Masters.  Those who cannot attend will be denied on sight...or rather...away from sight.

-----

[[The lecture will be at 11:00am CST, 12:00pm EST, 9:00am PST, 5:00pm GMT]]

[[Note that I have no idea how Daylight Savings works in GMT so it may be an hour earlier or later for those of GMT times]]

[[if you have a special case in which you cannot attend please contact me in a PM, those who do not attend and do not contact me will be denied apprenticeship]]

Siliel had been doing her walks up to the College and standing in front of the Mages College once an elven week or so, visiting her father. She notices that Salamandra isn't there and that the sign saying there are no new applicants is still sitting in front of the gate, and assumes he's meditating, starting to go back down the perilous steps.

Notice

-----

Congratulations Song:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54094913/Clap%20Jam%202.mp3

The Conclave of Magi, of the Mages Guild, has decided upon the following Apprentices to continue their magical training within Wyverywn Hold.

James [markdalgaard]

Garth [FideiDefensor]

Elene [Meguzara]

Yuln [Godness_Aurea]

-----

Congratulations to the above Apprentices, I am afraid I must ask any unaccepted Apprentices to leave the premises of Wyverwyn Hold (Unless given special permission).  If your name IS listed above then arrive at the Hold as soon as possible to be paired up with your respected Master.

-----

Most Regards,

Arch-Mage Ambros  

* Ret packs his things and leaves the college, behind him stands Cedric with a satchel over his shoulder. A jacket and a caged spider in Ret's left hand Ret bends down at the gate and yanks it from the ground so that he and Cedric can slide beneath it. Upon their exit down the snowy mountain he leaves a piece of parchment under the gate it reads. *

~ Goodbye ~

Wyverwyn Hold, farewell.

Ambros, Farewell.

Ibar, Farewell.

Varstivus, Farewell.

I hope the accepted enjoy their teachings within the college.

It's a shame that they never showed their faces within in the college.

Or at all....Ever......

But you are the order...Mages at that.

What does my opinion even matter compared to yours?

But I guess it was wrong of me to think what I did.

But it is correct for you to allow only those born with silver spoons in their mouths accompanied with nobility sewn to their foreheads.

I can only think that they where bribed to do this.

May your teachings bid you well.

* The note is signed fancily by both Ret and Cedric.*

((Will there be acceptance of new apprentices today?))

[[Yes, as of today we will begin accepting new apprentices]]