[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

Kalenz raises a brow, his gaze flicking slowly between Ptah and the note. Indeed, he remains silent for more than a short while before muttering "Impossible... How does a bortu have such a tome? How did the monks get such a tome?"

Ptah folds his hands together, adjustes his beard, and speaks.

"The answer to the first question is simple. The book was stuck tightly between two others in a rather dusty corner of the library. I noted the bad condition of the book and so offered the Wilven Monks my services in transcribing what I could into a new version. They agreed, and for the moment allowed me to borrow it."

"To the second question: the Monks, as you know, carry their books with them as we have moved from realm to realm in our history - and a great deal of the Aegisian literature which is not lost remains in their libraries. As for how the Monks originally came by the book, only guesswork assists us. Perhaps there were numerous copies of this book in Aegis and they came upon one; perhaps this is the only ever written copy and Saecel donated it to the Monks directly."

"I do not know if the Wilven Monks would allow the book to permanently leave their possession. Therefore, I have had you come here to see if you would be interested in receiving one of my transcribed copies, to place in the Eternal Library."

Minecraft Name:

blackhawk77g

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

blackhawk77g

Applicant Name:

Dun Irongut

Race and Age:

Dwarf; 253.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

• An off chance meeting with a ministry applicant and the Preminant Sevant at the Cloud Temple Library during the Dissolution of Oren Conference. 

• Several bidding wars in pursuit of objects I may have found interesting and thought may look quite nice in my personal museum. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

I've taken a tinge of disgust with the politics of the world and wish to retire my worldly possessions and artifacts to the ministry, as well as use what knowledge I have to procure pieces of artwork and literature that aren't currently in the ministries collection. I've always had a knack for gathering said works and I believe the job of Librarian would be well suited for me. I've spent a great many years traveling, working in several pursuits and endeavors and I've returned with a knowledge on a multitude of subjects. I intend to spend a great deal of time scribbling what knowledge I have down so that perhaps future residents of Anthos may have more knowledge on topics such as brewing, inter-kingdom business, rare objects, locations unknown, etc. I look forward to spending my time with a quil to parchment. 

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Indeed. I accept them with a great deal of relief. 

Minecraft Name:

Zilldude

Skype - Zilldude

Applicant Name:

Clavonita Bedevere

Race and Age:

Clavonita is an Adunian-Human girl who lies about the age of twenty-six.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Librarian

To the Human Clavonita Bedevere,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name:

blackhawk77g

blackhawk77g

Applicant Name:

Dun Irongut

Race and Age:

Dwarf; 253.

Librarian

To the Dwarf Dun Irongut,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Nicodemus rubs his temples. "Is there anything else of note in this tome? Or is this more a thing of historic import than theoretical?"

Wulfric doesn't receive a reply on his application, so he sends a copy forward.

Minecraft Name: lionkopa99

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): It's on my profile

Applicant Name: Wulfric Grandaxe

Race and Age: 268, Dwarf

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am the High Remembrancer of Urguan, part of the King's Council. I have my own guild of Remembrancer that are not working with me as I join the ministry.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I only wish for more knowledge and more contacts with the elves. Their knowledge is way beyond mine and I wish to contribute to the Grand Kingdom in my studies at the ministry. To strengthen my bonds all over the Grand Kingdom, and teach the ways of Ogradhad, ways of dwarven knowledge to those who might be interested.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I understand this. 

Wulfric doesn't receive a reply on his application, so he sends a copy forward.

Minecraft Name: lionkopa99

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): It's on my profile

Applicant Name: Wulfric Grandaxe

Race and Age: 268, Dwarf

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am the High Remembrancer of Urguan, part of the King's Council. I have my own guild of Remembrancer that are not working with me as I join the ministry.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I only wish for more knowledge and more contacts with the elves. Their knowledge is way beyond mine and I wish to contribute to the Grand Kingdom in my studies at the ministry. To strengthen my bonds all over the Grand Kingdom, and teach the ways of Ogradhad, ways of dwarven knowledge to those who might be interested.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I understand this. 

To the Dwarf Wulfric Grandaxe,

((Ah! Sorry about that, your first post was 'drowned out' by all the other posts and it slipped my mind.))

Kalenz raises a brow and extends a hand to the parchment, tapping it but once with his index finger before retreating his hand. He remains silent for a moment and tilts his head, perhaps judging the half elf-dwarf. Indeed, it is only after a few half-dedicated starts that he does manage to form a full sentence "Y-Y-Y... Erhm... Your kind are not known for generosity. The curse of the bortu no doubt runs in your veins, and yet you offer knowledge. Surely something is hidden, hrmm?"

"It is not possible for a dwarf to be generous. That is like coming across an intellectual uruk, an impossibility."

Ptah absently taps a finger once on the table, and reclines.

"Indeed, I am marred by Urguan's curse. And I do possess a greed as do my half-kin. However, what you say is false. It is possible for a Bortu to carry out an act of generosity. Grand King Thorin, for example, answered overwhelmingly when I asked of him supplies and funds to continue building our University. What you choose to make of that, and my present offer, I am not privy to."

A letter is sent to the Ministry of Contemplation at the hands of a peculiar yet colorful tropical bird. The notice attached to the left ankle of the bird’s legs, dangling by a thick red strap of leather. Upon close examination, the letter holds the wax seal of the Mage’s Guild. Proudly displaying the emblem of the ancient and illustrious Order.

mages_guild_symbol_by_xemnas_clone-d4pjg

To Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal,

I write to you on behalf of the Mage's Guild in-regards to the disheartening lack of concern for maintaining knowledge throughout the realm of Anthos and how barely any form of records or archives have been in circulation. Records and historical documents something that are no longer seen as something of importance to this new generation. With that being said, I would very much appreciate if it were possible to schedule a time and date in which the both of us could meet to discuss the drought of knowledge that has befallen us and possible work to achieve a method to deal with this most troubling issue as well as a handful of other pressing matters that have transpired which I would wish to discuss with yourself personally.

~Signed, Archmage Crumena V. Illwindior

VVbLJ0s.png

Apologies for any spelling mistakes and what-not. I really should stop with making posts at 3AM. >->

Minecraft Name:Sambosefus

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Sambosefus

Applicant Name: Galdor Arcamenal

Race and Age: Elven and 358

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: None, but I read books often and would love to help others read them as well

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I have a great love of books. I always try to increase my knowledge by reading tomes and books. Not only will I be able to collect books, I will also be able to help others increase their knowledge. I would love to help keep the books and make sure they are not stolen, damaged, or anything else horrible. I feel this also will allow me to find books I have never read, which always excites me.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes

Minecraft Name:Sambosefus

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Sambosefus

Applicant Name: Galdor Arcamenal

Race and Age: Elven and 358

To the Elf Galdor Arcamenal,

Minecraft Name: 

Borgtrek7.

Same as above.

A note is stamped, signed, and pinned to the message within Luemaelin. At the bottom, a note is placed. "If you require to reach me, please send a courier, or bird, to the cloud temple Aviary. 

Dear Regards,

Sixstrings (Or, Verin Etitlan.)."

Applicant Name:

Verin Etitlan. 

Race and Age:

Elf, my age is neigh three hundred and forty seven, though there is a margin of error close to five years.

Librarian.

From a period of five to six years I was employed(In a more truthful manner: Volunteered ) to be an assistant in one of the few libraries of Kalos. Beside that, I've been a writer, and of slight times (When I had no other option,) a bard. In manners beside that, my memory is superb (This in part I accredit to my voracious reading at an early age,), if you would require of me anything to do with organizing, categorizing (Anything that is monotonous, and requires a focused mind), you would have me pegged for the work, along with this - Having worked in previously said library gives me a keen eye for many tomes they were searching for which might constitute rarity, as well as many common books which might be of interest to your order. Though, I wish not submit more lest I ramble.

I am, of late - Out of work. Or, in a more significant manner, I've been in the wilds, and otherwise preoccupied for a good few years. I am in need of something that would stimulate my mind, and otherwise allow me to contribute in a subject which suits my talents best. After unfortunate circumstances with the last organization I belonged too, I find myself in need of one that is based in logic, rather than superstition. Which this does seem to be. I also find myself engrossed with the idea of having access to a library once more, and equipment to aid in understanding of some of the works which many find locked within their own enigma; To be brief, I wish to join to further my own, and your orders understanding of the Literary Arts. As well aid in any other area's my expertise might be needed. 

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Yes, I do.

*Tenshar sits on the unfinished walls of the academy, having finally returned from his ventures through the north and returned to take up the work once again*

"It is good to be home"

Minecraft Name: 

Borgtrek7.

Same as above.

A note is stamped, signed, and pinned to the message within Luemaelin. At the bottom, a note is placed. "If you require to reach me, please send a courier, or bird, to the cloud temple Aviary. 

Dear Regards,

Sixstrings (Or, Verin Etitlan.)."

Applicant Name:

Verin Etitlan. 

Race and Age:

Elf, my age is neigh three hundred and forty seven, though there is a margin of error close to five years.

Librarian.

From a period of five to six years I was employed(In a more truthful manner: Volunteered ) to be an assistant in one of the few libraries of Kalos. Beside that, I've been a writer, and of slight times (When I had no other option,) a bard. In manners beside that, my memory is superb (This in part I accredit to my voracious reading at an early age,), if you would require of me anything to do with organizing, categorizing (Anything that is monotonous, and requires a focused mind), you would have me pegged for the work, along with this - Having worked in previously said library gives me a keen eye for many tomes they were searching for which might constitute rarity, as well as many common books which might be of interest to your order. Though, I wish not submit more lest I ramble.

I am, of late - Out of work. Or, in a more significant manner, I've been in the wilds, and otherwise preoccupied for a good few years. I am in need of something that would stimulate my mind, and otherwise allow me to contribute in a subject which suits my talents best. After unfortunate circumstances with the last organization I belonged too, I find myself in need of one that is based in logic, rather than superstition. Which this does seem to be. I also find myself engrossed with the idea of having access to a library once more, and equipment to aid in understanding of some of the works which many find locked within their own enigma; To be brief, I wish to join to further my own, and your orders understanding of the Literary Arts. As well aid in any other area's my expertise might be needed. 

Yes, I do.

To the Elf Verin Etitlan,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal

within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.