[Complete] [Magical Location] Void Nodes And The Hollows

Jistuma

Well, you described these as 'rips in space', I believe. For one to happen, it would require an immense amount of energy to open, and remain open. Like an extremely vast amount. You're saying that's just naturally flooding in then?

Void is energy. The mages already connect to it and remove things from there. A rip would be something possible to happen.

Oh, and you said space-time rip, only space rip, time has nothing to do with it. I would imagine it as... a mage continuously removing energy from the void, but there is no mage, that would be pretty much it :P

And I'll add this to the lore post: "From when these were created, and how these rips were created, no one knows. The Nodes are quite rare and many times even unoted by many, as only master mages can feel the energy flowing. legends, myths, and ideas might exist on how they were formed in the magical comunity, but proper investigation has to be done." and also at the end "The creation of the nodes I leave to be found out and made up through roleplay. I believe that lore should be made mostly thought roleplay, as this lore was given to me through roleplay as well. If they are natural, or if something made them exist, it's for the roleplayers to decide and investigate. Such a location can not be created by characters (well, maybe with permission from the LM and the MAT), so it's origin as a mystery can be far more interesting to roleplay."

From an idea to paper is something that takes time and skills, apart from all of this the lore which has been written here... I do like it, the way it flows within the power of the reader is something good as with another +1 with the lore...

The end judgment for myself would again be a +1 for the lore. Great lore easy to read.

Void nodes or Mana nodes are the same thing, just to clarify if one has heard one or the other.

This Lore is truly beautifull!

Magical locations are everytime interesting.

The Fact Lord has spoken.

Wonderful work Jistuma, thank you for this post.  I may go over a few things with you later about it but for now lets just see how the community thinks and feels about the lore. 

So... this is not already approved?

Nodes are real, I guess they have just never been properly defined in terms of 'lore'.

The Hallows (or hollows) are also real but almost never happen. They are also supposed to be temporary as eventually the node would implode upon itself completely and either disappear or explode violently.

Node explosions can be a bit of a bother. They tend to destroy everything in a rather large area.

Sounds like the Kal Verak to me.

The Kal Verak is a magical node stone that was found in Kal Karik a few days before the dragon came. Me and a few other reclaimed it and it now rests soemwhere in the dwarven lands.

RP interactions with it.

Once you touch the stone it takes your soul/mind out of your body and into the stone. There waits a giant maze which you have to (INSERT SECRET HERE). After you do that you can openly use the stone for mind training and such. I use it in RP to teach my magic student, (their first test to to complete the maze). There anything you think up happens but only the strongest mind can control the realm. Time and space slows to what you want so what you think might be seconds could be years. (technically) 

Only a few have survived the maze and use the stone, Hiebe Irongut, Kilgrim Irongut, 1-2 students (Almora), and maybe another lsot dwarf here and there.

I remember nodes already existing to explain Arcane Mage's way of teleproting through realms. CBA to find it through all the old topics though. It was from a Mage Guild member.

Wouldn't this fall under magic lore?

I don't know... it's a location, it's magical, but it's still a location. If it should be in the magic part of lore, could you move it there?

Also, if the lore exists and is accepted already for a long time, I would like an LM to state it, and move it, then move the thread if possible.

I remember nodes already existing to explain Arcane Mage's way of teleproting through realms. CBA to find it through all the old topics though. It was from a Mage Guild member.

Their purpose is not teleportation. But the massive concentration of magical energy makes it possible to find the location at huge distances and teleport there, particularly from one Node to another. The Arcane Mage was the last living sorcerer that knew how to teleport using Node energy.

I would hope that this would fall under general Lore and that it just requires a MT to come in and say "this is not untrue" then it comes down to the normal routes of LT approval. Of course it is up to you guys to decide who holds the hot potato.

Nodes are just a passage from the void to the overworld leaking small amounts or large amounts of void energies depending how long one stays... Could be days to months... maybe years if so be...

Although drawing something or entering / exiting the node would be near impossible... the journey would be as one would think lightly of a 'star gate' if you would use that example... Ripping yourself from one thing to another, that or something even Iblees would not survive, even with all the magical powers he/she possesses. 

A void node would be a location. People could be right in it and not even notice.

But if the question is if they could use it to enter the void and teleport, I would say no... Not with the mages we have now at least. Perhaps a portal between nodes would be possible, but that is another lore, and not the lore on void nodes. Instead of adding all those mini parts of the lore that could be considered overpowered and probably one of them would make the lore be denied, I kept the lore to what the nodes are and what their natural occurences do. If the lore is accepted, then the others could very well extend the lore and what can be done to it.

And it seems the lore has existed since Aegis time, at least from Elindor's comment, since I guess the Arcane mage is Slayer.

@SuperSodaPops, no, no entities should normally be able to pass the void nodes into the void. But there are oppenings for that to happen if it comes to it, like a void implosion might bring an entity from it, but that would be only for world events, not normal occurances. Even with this, nothing might pass it and it might even be impossible, but I let the lore be open for new things.

I don't have any real issue with this. I am a bit curious as to how far you see the lore effecting monsters though. Just to get a feel for effect scale. For example, tiny gecko going Godzilla. I doubt it's on that scale, but a range might be a good thing to expand on.

I don't have any real issue with this. I am a bit curious as to how far you see the lore effecting monsters though. Just to get a feel for effect scale. For example, tiny gecko going Godzilla. I doubt it's on that scale, but a range might be a good thing to expand on.

There is an island already in play (With Urasepts permission) and no one has gathered to find it in roleplay due to it being so far out of any islands... Although it is one of the biggest mana nodes or void nodes on the server, (again Urasept gave permission for it to be created) Dsdevil and I spent weeks constructing it, although it is small we have built big monsters, as with the island being hostile and adapt to be superior. So if a normal 1-5 man fleet were to sale the fish/squid that rests upon it would easily ruin the ships and maybe kill the crew if not and one makes it to land than they will be facing other monsters....

Anyway enough of that given and this was approved by Urasept when the start of construction of Anthos was created.

edit: No one in RP knows of this island currently, although if some LM's wish I can hand out the cords for it for OOC use.

Again mana/void nodes were already accepted just not expanded on like what Jistuma has done here.

... Forgot to mention the monsters are not that large, maybe x2-3 of the original size...