[✓] Peculiar Plants, Habgobsnits, And Diddyfunkles.. [Completed]

Treshure

((

4. New plants and animals do not need lore posts. However, if they can be weaponised you should consider writing a lore post for them to avoid powergaming accusations. "Weaponised" includes making a poison from it, taming it to use as an attack animal or making extra powerful weapons from its remains.

^ Based off of this, I want to write lore but "peculiar plants" that /can/ be weaponized, have healing properties, strange affects on the human body, and more! I plan to use some of these in the future (If accepted) and for everyone else to use them, of course! If you heal, randomly pulling out a herb is kind of bland. How it would be if you pulled out a /Grobsnopper/? Definitely more interesting. So.. enjoy the lore.

))

Dedicant Pernux sits among the endless rows of flowers and grass, soaking the warm of the sun, He sets his quill aside, observing the vast arays of plants lined up before him. "Alright... let's begin!" he says, picking up his quill to begin writing.

Grefloots

awrLtL6.jpg?1

Grefloots have only been recently discovered, for 50 years or so. Emerging in the forests, these unique plants have a spiral shape to them, and contain deadly toxins. However, the pure skill it takes to milk these of their toxins would only produce a tiny amount. Mass production of Grefloots are needed to create potent amounts of venom. This venom acts as a mind toxin, clouding your thought with small dosages and leading to serious injuries with large doses. Even larger doses require anti-venom, which can cure Grefloot poisoning and even some other animal bites, although such have not been documented.

The Canary Tree

5aoPsUu.jpg?1

An ancient tree, of which it's species is rapidly dying off, mostly resides in desert areas. In early stages of the tree, it is lush with branches, many of which canaries reside in. As the tree ages in the coming decades, it slowly bends until it forms a sort of shelter, commonly used by animals and such. An interesting trait is that as the tree grows older, the roots and branch become ever resisting to moisture and more vulnerable to fire. A way old Canary Trees die is that if a fire comes out in the desert, their tree will most likely catch flame and burn up. However, a direct splash of water on the tree in it's final stages would dry up in a matter of seconds. Very few times has this tree been harvested and used by many races, but still remains known to those who study the way of plants and trees.

Grobsnopper

7VyVM74.jpg?1

The Grobsnopper is a commonly used herb among healers alike. Potent with healing abilities, it can "soak up" bacteria, of which kills the plant itself but heals the victim slightly. Multiple treatments of Grobsnopper can even clean medium to slightly large wounds. Sometimes, people put Grobsnoppers next to their bedposts if they come down with a flu!

Diddyfunkles

GRKxdst.jpg?1

Considered a dangerous but useful plant, the Diddyfunkle coats itself with a very itchy substance named: "Diddyfunklites", as the purple stems you could see on the picture. Very seldom would this ever be weaponized, only a huge amount of Diddyfunklites able enough to cause serious rashing on skin. Inside the ball of the Diddyfunkle, a sweet orange-like substance is inside, having strong hallucinogenic effects if not prepared correctly. If squeezed to the right amount, it acts as a strong herb to knock out a victim if concentrated. In small amounts, it would clear the head of someone, and their thoughts. In the smallest amount, it could be considered a delicacy, the tart from the fruit containing tasty ingredients!

Habgobsnits

KaKfejx.jpg?1

A type of grass growing near the Human capital, Abresi, Habgobsnits are truely to behold. Disguised as normal grass, they can only be told apart by a slight shading effect, whereas normal grass is darker than the average Habgobsnit. When squeezed, the Habgobsnit produces a small juice, that when collected, a dosage could numb some parts of the body and an amazing sense of clarity. These reasons are not known well, but it is well known that mischievous Hobbits have been found choosing to shove a Habgobsnit in their pipe to get the clarity high. 

Gislocinovi

rm7ral0.jpg?3

Less commonly known, the Gislocinovi's can either be put in a hot bowl of water for 60 minutes, then taken out for treatment or squeeze it to produce juice. The Gislocinovi has strong healing abilities, used as an anti-bacterial bandage, when strung up together by string. Too much of it, however, can be damaging or even fatal, depending on how much you apply and how much you consume. The Gislocinovi is considered a dangerous healing plant, mostly because of the fact that in the case of an overdose, side affects may include fatality. Symptoms of overdosing could include nausea, internal bleeding, external nose bleeding, twitching, major seizures, and death.

RPing these Plants...

Note: /Anything/ can be powergamed. Use this as a reference, please!

When handling these plants, there is /always/ a backfire if you aren't experienced! With a Gislocinovi, too much will result in certain death. Too much of the Habgobsnit will numb your body permanently, even causing paralysis. Diddyfunkles are toxic when consumed too much as well, and Grefloots are poisonous as always! Be careful with the Canary Tree, and never face a Fire Evocationist if using the bark! 

Example:

Pernux grabs a handful of of Gislocinovi's, cutting small holes in them and stringing them up from the wool he bought at Kingston. "Alright, Mr Billows.., it'll only be painful for a second." The old man nods, gritting his teeth, and preparing for a burn. Pernux places the herbs on his gash on the shoulder, a slight burning noise that can be heard. Mr. Billows grunts in pain, as Pernux quickly takes it off after 4 or 5 seconds. "Wouldn't want to give you too much, Mr. Billows! /That/ would be bad..." Pernux sighs, washing his eyes, as Mr. Billows leaves the section in the Grove.

^ Note that Pernux only applied it shortly, as too much would result in bad side affects for Mr. Billows. Another example.

Pernux sits in the Grove, with several bowls close next to him. He carefully handles several Diddyfunkles in his hand, as he attempts to get to the center of the plant. He slips his hold of the stems, several Diddyfunklites falling on his arm. Pernux screams. "NONONONONOWHEREISTHEPOOLOFWATER!" Pernux is sprinting to find a water source, already his skin starts to blister slightly as an incredible itching sensation comes over him.

Hehe I like the concepts behind the plants, the names kinda made me think I was reading a Roald Dhal or Dr Seuss book XD

And I must add, they add a happy sort of "Whimsical" feeling.

+1

I LIKE IT!!!!! +1

Yes. I like this. I like this alot. We could always use more plants.

Grobsnoppers soak up bacteria? I'm pretty sure no one IC'ly knows what bacteria is!

Just because someone doesn't know what bacteria is doesn't mean that the plant doesn't soak it up. Healers would probably refer to the Grobsnopper cleaning up the "gunk."

This... is... brilliant XD!!!!!!!! The names are just amazing, and the uses for the plants are actually quite reasonable. +1 All day every day.

Dem plants~ remind me of Harry Potter for some reason. You'd see names like that in those books. +1, I'd love to talk about 'Diddyfunkles' on LotC, would creep the s*** out of some people.