The Legion Of The Cardinal Cross

Snoop

29lcv8p.jpg

-The Legion Of The Cardinal Cross-

-History-

Formed from the ashes of the old Shields of Salvus, the Legion of the Cardinal Cross was created to protect the Salvian people. After the fall of Kingston, it was only through their efforts that many Salvians survived, safe behind the walls of the mighty citadel. But as the kingdom crumbled, the Legion found a new purpose. Today, they serve Renatus, guarding the borders of the ancient kingdom against all would-be invaders. And through their efforts, the old traditions of Salvus are kept alive and well.

-Motives and Goals-

The Legion holds a military position within the Kingdom of Renatus, assigned to guarding the borders of the majestic kingdom from foreign invaders. They also believe it to be their sacred duty to protect and preserve their mother kingdom, holding the traditions and history of the Salvians as their own, long after the kingdom has ceased to exist.

-Chain of Command-

Centurion

To attain the rank of Centurion is one of the highest honors a soldier can attain within the Salvian Legion, and is the ambition of many a recruit. A Centurion is responsible for training legionnaires as he sees fit, within the standards of the legion, as well as leading legionnaires on missions outside of Westwarde Citadel, the home of the Salvian Legion. They are expected to carry out recruitment and oversee the development of the soldiers they recruit.

SGLg9eP.png

Armsman

The trained legionnaire. The Armsman has shown discipline in the legion with the ability to follow orders and stay calm in combat. By the time of his promotion, he may have been trained in the salva, the scimitar or the spear, and may carry a recurve, longbow or crossbow. Armsmen are granted heavy chain armor at every Main Training that they may have a lack of thereof. Armsmen are expected to know and understand standard formations by heart, and to work as a team. As a Armsman, one may request additional training in specializations.

imfnfBG.png

Valet

The basic trainee. The Valet has not yet been fully trained in combat or in the procedures of the legion. He wears basic heavy chain armor when firstly recruited, if the first set is lost the Valet will be granted leather armor upon the next Main Training. The time that a Cardinal is an valet, he will be trained in the unarmed combat, the weaponry of his officer’s choosing and the Salvian military formations.

bfWdUAN.png

-The Legion Tenets-

1. A Legionnaire must show completely loyalty to the Legion and its views. Any Legionnaire who shows disloyalty will receive an immediate execution.

2. A Legionnaire must never murder a fellow Legionnaire. Doing as so will result in immediate execution.

3. A Legionnaire must never steal from another Legionnaire. Such actions will result in banishment from the Legion and all possessions stripped.

4. A Legionnaire must follow and respect all Salvian traditions.

-The Weaponry of the Salvian Legion-

-Melee Weapons

Salva

The Salva or the Salvian Shortsword is the main weapon of the Salvian Legion. The Salva is meant for close quarters attack, very effective when used with the Salvian Heater-Kite Shield. The sword, due to its shortness, allows for fast accurate strike and its double edged blade with a stabbing point which causes the sword to do maximum damage. As is tradition, a long flowing red ribbon is also attached to the end of the hilt of the blade, the same length as the Salva itself.

Scimitar

A double edged, curved blade meant mainly for cutting, but also has the ability to stab. The scimitar can be used on the ground or off horseback being effective in both positions The scimitar, due to its curve can be moved quickly as well a build momentum quickly to do lethal damage.

Spear

A spearhead, or pointed piece of metal is placed on the end of a an oak pole. The pole is made of oak so it is strong enough to hit and pierce armor without snapping. The spearhead is made of tempered iron, and pointed as well as flat and wide so it creates the largest and most damaging wound. The shaft itself is on average about six feet long, a long red ribbon also attached only a few inches below the broadhead.

Scutum

A large rectangular heavy shield that covers the whole body. The shield is made of a tempered iron layer of metal, two layers of wood, one layer placed horizontally, the other vertically and lastly a thick layer of leather. The Scutum is able to stop or deflect all handheld swords, maces, axes and hammers as well as light projectiles such as arrows and bolts, sometimes even catching ballistae bolts in their flight. (Not without significant damage, of course...)

Salvian Heater-Kite Shield

A large heater-kite shield marked with the a black base, the image of a bucking mustang painted in red at the center of the shield. Below the image of the mustang is either one, two, three or four broad red lines. One line represents Initiate, two represents Armsman, three represents  Officer,and four represents Commanding Officer; the Lord Commander having his own traditional scutum. The shield is made of a piece of a steel plate, a large piece of wood sandwiched between a leather backing. The Salvian Kite Shield is capable of deflecting or stopping swords, axes, maces and hammers as well as stopping light projectiles such as arrows and bolts.

-Ranged Weapons

Salvian Recurve Bow

A relatively small bow, capable of firing multiple arrows in a short amount of time with a large amount of force due to its long draw and heavy draw force. The recurve bow is capable to be used from horseback due to its small size. The force of the arrow can pierce light armors.

Salvian Arbalest

A large weapon. The weapon acts as a crossbow and is loaded with a bolt, it takes a long amount of time to load, however the power of the bolt can pierce heavy armors and chainmail, ripping through flesh and bone in the process and being accurate to long ranges.

Small Salvian Knight’s Crossbow

A Salvian crossbow is a small weapon, only about 8 inches long. Often used by the Torians, the small amount of tension required on the bowstring means that it can be quickly loaded. A Salvian crossbow is extremely deadly at short distance, but becomes nearly useless at any sort of long range.

-Siege Weapons

Scorpion

A Salvian Scorpion is a sinew-powered weapon that looks like a large bow laid sideways on a frame. It has a tremendous range and can skewer a man with a single shot, much like its larger, less accurate cousin, the ballista. While a scorpion might look like a huge bow, its working principles are rather different. The two arms are pushed through ropes made of tough animal sinew which is then twisted, becoming a hugely powerful spring, pulling each arm forwards. The arms are pulled back, creating even more tension, the scorpion is loaded with a missile, and then this is shot at the enemy with considerable force and accuracy. Providing care is taken to make sure that the two sinew bundles are under the same tension, the scorpion is a very accurate weapon, but because sinew is sensitive to damp a scorpion may not work properly in wet weather.

Trebuchets

The trebuchets of the Salvian Legion are in most ways identical to those of other nations. They are generally built on the spot they are intended to be used, and rotated to aim. Once their purpose has been served, they are either left in place for further use, or dismantled.

Recruitment

If one desires to enlist in the ranks of the Legion, an applicant must first fill out an application. After completing the application the applicant will either be accepted or denied by a Centurion. If accepted the applicant will then be instructed to report to Westwarde Citadel where he or she shall be interviewed and then tested to enlist into the ranks of the Legion.

Application

(MC name) :

Name (RP) :

Race:

Reason for joining:

Are you willing to take an oath?:

Preferred Weapon:

Skills:

(Do you have a VA? If so, provide a link):

(Skype name):

(MC name) : bignsxxy

Name (RP) : Orei Vardiami

Race: Mali'ame

Reason for joining: New start

Are you willing to take an oath?: Yerp.

Preferred Weapon: Spear/Bow

Skills: Siege Engineering, Gorilla Warfare.

(Do you have a VA? If so, provide a link): 

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/98569-bignsxxys-final-va-attempt-account-va/

(Skype name): mr.meaty28

*David remains silent as he closely examines the letter before sending back a reply.*

"Dear, Orei Vardiami,

Your letter has reached our Citadel and I have read through it thoroughly. You are to report to Westewarde Citadel upon receiving this reply as soon as possible for a short interview and then final testing to enlist within the Legion. I look forward to meeting you upon your arrival."

Sincerely, Centurion David Campos"

*The reply is imprinted with the traditional Salvian Legion seal.*
eWCGRrj.png

(( Keep OOC limited on threads like this. If you are going to use it, use it in a spoiler. Not a huge picture. ))

Christopher looks curious at the information of The Cardinal Cross in front of him, It is tempting, working his way up in the military organization. Yet, he has questions. With his quill in the right hand, and medal in the left. He writes a latter to the Cardinal Cross for information and a offer.

Dear Centurion's,

With great temptation I have heard stories and read parchments related to your organization.

Yet, I may not be able to afford the dedication of my whole life to it. So hereby I write you a letter

with the following questions"

1, Does one require to wear uniform?

2, Does one require to fully dedicate his years in service to the Cardinal?

Either way, I might be interested in a diplomatic position, like an emissary or diplomat. As we must protect Renatus,

and not waste good fit man in battles which could be avoided.

Truly yours,

Christopher de Rosaen.

*as the wind blows throw the towers and halls of the grand citadel, very faintly, a name can be heard..."Tiana.." it whispers*

((I miss you guys! Combat-oriented characters really aren't for me though, would love to RP again someday on my new character))

*David reads the note concerning the Legion and begins writing up a reply then sending it off.*

"Dear, Christopher de Rosaen,

The Legion requires all Legionnaire soldiers to be wearing a standard issued uniform to represent the Cardinal Cross. As for Legion life, it is important for those who enlist in the ranks to dedicate their lives as a soldier within the Legion. This includes attending trainings and regular patrols. If we were to have someone who would be participating in only one training session then suddenly vanishing for a number of weeks before returning again only for a short few days. They wouldn't exactly be serving as a Legionnaire. To also highlight your interest in an emissary position, your offer is interesting but it wouldn't be looked highly upon to hire a diplomat that has hardly spent any time understanding the Legion's way of life. Currently we prefer to allow the more experienced within the Legion to handle diplomatic affairs. Although if you wish to discuss this more I would be more then happy to meet with you and discuss your concerns further if you wish.

-Sincerely, Centurion David Campos"

*The reply is imprinted with the traditional Salvian Legion seal*

eWCGRrj.png

Tahjeet Mubdee's voice is heard, it echoes softly in David's head,

"Ya' mon..."

Application

(MC name) : MartiniFlamez

Name (RP) : Martini Ekko

Race: Elf

Reason for joining: Martini is a blacksmith, he was in another guild that is no longer active so he lost his smithy and he has nowhere to go.  He also has years of fighting experience and he wants to use it to fight.

Are you willing to take an oath?: I am

Preferred Weapon:

Scimitar

Salvian Recurve Bow

Skills: Blacksmithing and fighting.  Martini also tends to enjoy farming and  he has always wanted to start a grape farm.

(Do you have a VA? If so, provide a link): Not at the moment but I plan to have 2a.

(Skype name): MartiniFlamez (I don't use it often though)

Application

(MC name) : Spitfyre7Kira

Name (RP) : Cato Lupus

Race: Human Southeron

Reason for joining: To uphold the traditions and memory of Salvia.

Are you willing to take an oath?: Yes.

Preferred Weapon: Scimitar and Salva, each have their advantages.

Skills: Employed as a Farmer, though lacks a number of good skills.

(Do you have a VA? If so, provide a link): Nope.

(Skype name): djspitfyre, CrackerJack gave me your skype info and told me to add you I believe. So I can always add you as a contact.