[Discussion] In Game Genocide.

Watyll

Should genocide be allowed IC?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should genocide be allowed IC?

• Yes (Why)
    • No (Why)

No, because it's going to cause a massive shitstorm, and not only that motivate players even more so to gather their TS friends and raid a nation every 24 hours.

Oh, and Oren would have a field day too.

No, because it's going to cause a massive shitstorm, and not only that motivate players even more so to gather their TS friends and raid a nation every 24 hours.

Oh, and Oren would have a field day too.

Yes because Oren is the source of all problems on the server. Let's just remove them so everyone can be happy.

Yes because Oren is the source of all problems on the server. Let's just remove them so everyone can be happy.

Oh I would never say anything bad about the server's most dominant nation that held its own against the rest of the server in some points.

That wasn't sarcasm for the record.

Well, maybe 1/4th of them. Mostly their playerbase. 

Everyone hates the winners.

I reckon if a race wants to commit genocide on another, the two leaders should talk about it in ooc and agree to specific terms on how it will progress and how it will be done. That way, you make sure it's not a load of bullshit, and players don't complain, feel bad, or leave.

Seen the Adunians lately? No?

NEITHER HAVE I

I played an Adunian in Oren for months and I didn't get insulted OOCly once. Also your big bright text and capitalization just make you come off as obnoxious.

I think severe and cruel racial oppression is a better tool for basically achieving the same plot.

This is ridiculous. Of course it should be allowed, it's RP. If an entity wants to commit genocide upon a race, it should be welcome to make the attempt, even though success is nigh-impossible. Nobody is force-permakilling.

This is ridiculous. Of course it should be allowed, it's RP. If an entity wants to commit genocide upon a race, it should be welcome to make the attempt, even though success is nigh-impossible. Nobody is force-permakilling.

If this RP is going to serve to piss people off and ruin their enjoyment then it's not worth having.

half of the responses on this thread:

"grr oren grr -.-"

why the **** cant we genocide?

also, stop blaming oren for everything wrong on the server. its getting really ******* old.

why the **** cant we genocide?

also, stop blaming oren for everything wrong on the server. its getting really ******* old.

No one is blaming Oren for anything.

As I said before, if you want complete genocide, warclaim the monks, try to beat them in the no PvP flag zone and see what would happen. If you manage to kill the monks than they won't be able to revive the fallen people you'll genocide. Though you face the same thing from that...

Neverless good luck in a warclaim against the monks. 

Also if you are just talking about constantly killing a racial group it can break one of the server rules of making the role play not fun for them, depriving one of role play. If they complain that is.

-

That in affect, racial groups won't always be at the capital, they will have towns with mixed races.

(Don't attack the monks please ;_;)

More like almost genocide, and only with a really good rp reason. For example, it's just a matter of time until someone snaps and pulverizes every single annoying Mali'Aheral they find. At the same time, it's just a matter of time before the Mali'Aheral start killing other subraces.

Err...Uhh...We're not doing that already? ...AHERAL...HIDE THE ACID!

It's lsd time

If this RP is going to serve to piss people off and ruin their enjoyment then it's not worth having.

Not everybody wants to RP as a generic goody-two-shoed, lawful good, 100% morally serene, hates the big bad empire, parents were in a white rose concentration camp, Aragorn type character.  I'd go out on a limb and say the majority of LOTCers want originality.

If you want to talk about tolerance, you need to understand that castrating anybody who happens to fall out of that archetype (as you're known to do) also pisses plenty of people off.  Far more, I'd say, in fact.  You also need to understand that it's not really someone's fault if another guy becomes frustrated and offended in real life over some roleplay on a minecraft online roleplay fantasy server (provided, of course, no server rules are being broken).  You really should not be investing any emotion into this to begin with and if you do, again, it's not anybody else's problem.

As long as it doesn't involve cybering or metagaming of some sort, I don't really see why we should be restricting any RP.