Promote Freedom Of Roleplay

Cyndikate

... To be bluntly honest, we got plenty of lore freedom...

I am quite literally playing a heartbroken golden-ghost-farmer, and an gay geriatric russian albino priest whom has healing magic.

If you wanna play an animal go play a kha… but they'd probably sacrifice you if you act anime

Uthrandir went way of the "you can RP just whatever the **** you want". Now everyone's playing 'dark angels' with diamond swords that use vague magic to destroy everyone. LoTC's been great because there are restrictions on what can be done.

If you want to write a compelling character or play something interesting, work within the boundaries of what you can do on LoTC, rather than attempting to get special permission to go outside those boundaries.

Edit: I'd like to add that the more strange lore you write, the more 'special snowflake' quirks you add to your character, the less relatable (and thus less fun) they become.

An ordinary elf pushed to the boundaries of his sanity by outstanding situations is more relatable than an elf given a curse of madness that causes them to go absolutely batshit insane.

A human bandit who needs to feed his wife and children and thus takes on a life of crime is more relatable than a kleptomaniacal psychopath archmage who sits on a throne of skulls.

An ordinary person with a deformity that they hide as it ostracizes them from society is more relatable than a woman who proudly displays anime cat ears and tails with her perfect hourglass figure and facial features.

Uthrandir went way of the "you can RP just whatever the **** you want". Now everyone's playing 'dark angels' with diamond swords that use vague magic to destroy everyone. LoTC's been great because there are restrictions on what can be done.

If you want to write a compelling character or play something interesting, work within the boundaries of what you can do on LoTC, rather than attempting to get special permission to go outside those boundaries.

Edit: I'd like to add that the more strange lore you write, the more 'special snowflake' quirks you add to your character, the less relatable (and thus less fun) they become.

An ordinary elf pushed to the boundaries of his sanity by outstanding situations is more relatable than an elf given a curse of madness that causes them to go absolutely batshit insane.

A human bandit who needs to feed his wife and children and thus takes on a life of crime is more relatable than a kleptomaniacal psychopath archmage who sits on a throne of skulls.

An ordinary person with a deformity that they hide as it ostracizes them from society is more relatable than a woman who proudly displays anime cat ears and tails with her perfect hourglass figure and facial features.

Uthrandir had a great concept, but it failed horribly by bad roleplayers that the incompetent staff members couldn't be assed to regulate. Metagaming and powergaming wasn't bannable in that server. LOTC possesses the regulation that Uthrandir does not. We have the playerbase to deal with bad ideas. They have the tools and creativity to weed out the "edge". We have GMs to enforce bad roleplay.

If you're going to weed out bad ideas anyway then what's the point of abolishing lore requirement. The result is the same either way, except with lore requirement the ideas can be defined, regulated, and easily accessible.

Cyndikate, you continually complain that everyone's RP is bad and needs to be restricted/regulated more, but you now want to put power fully in the player's hands?

Cyndikate, you continually complain that everyone's RP is bad and needs to be restricted/regulated more, but you now want to put power fully in the player's hands?

I think she might be doing it for attention, but nonetheless, I agree with this post. 

i think what she means is restrict/regulate rp for everyone BUT her so she can resume playing her foxy league of legend import character

i think what she means is restrict/regulate rp for everyone BUT her so she can resume playing her foxy league of legend import character

I wouldnt go as far to say that...

But I personally think its more of a matter regarding a previous culmination of being told 'you cant do that'. And to be honest, havnt all of us had a stupid/OP character idea, and had it turned down by someone...?

I wouldnt go as far to say that...

But I personally think its more of a matter regarding a previous culmination of being told 'you cant do that'. And to be honest, havnt all of us had a stupid/OP character idea, and had it turned down by someone...?

Nope, never have.

Nope, never have.

Basically this. Allowing the "Freedom" of roleplay in terms of creating your own Lore will just allow a literal arms race of characters spawning until we have ones that can go all the way to Super Saiyan Five in the blink of an eye and cast two spirit bombs from the palms of his hands in 3.1 seconds.

Keep it simple. Keep it safe.

The reason you have to write lore is so idiotic **** doesn't pop up.

We don't want fart magic or dumbass pink magical dinosaurs, which is why there's mechanical standard. So, to an extent, your roleplay is free. But when you want something powerful or dumb, you need to get it approved.

We don't need giant pink apples running around hitting people with sticks. We need to hold SOME control.