Creator Magic

Eddywilson2

Overview

Similar to Clerical magic, Creator magic comes from the Creator in order for those who wield his power to do good. Those who use Creator magic can only use it with good intentions. Should it be attempted to be used for sinful actions, the user will find the magic incapable of working suddenly. Most of Creator magic is used for tasks of good, but on occasion, it can be used in order to fight evil being defined as something that wishes to cause physical or emotional harm to a loved one or good person.

Tiers and Powers

Tier 1: The user can form a small ball of holy light for a few seconds. Harmful animal or plants would begin avoiding the user as well (Ex: A pack of wolves might leave a user alone). This requires 1-2 weeks of good works and intense meditation.

Tier 2: The user begins to become more proficient in their magic. A small ball of holy light can be sustained for more time. Also, /edible/ and beneficial plants will begin to grow faster in the user's presence. This is only at a small speed but tends to make a user's garden or farm look healthier. This requires 3-4 weeks of good work and intense meditation.

Tier 3: The user is capable of creating medium sized balls of holy light for a sustained amount of time. A faint glow would emit from the user as the holy magic becomes more prominent within them. With intense focus, food can be multiplied to reasonable amounts which will cause exhaustion for the user. Exorcism's of dark magic can be preformed as well for those tainted of the same tier or lower. This requires good needs and intense meditation for 1-2 months.

Tier 4-5: The user will be able to gently enforce good will on animals. Birds will perch on their arms, and animals will be drawn to this figure. Large balls of holy light can be formed for a reasonable amount of time as well. Food is multiplied easier as well still draining the user considerably. This requires over 2 months of hard work and dedication.

Reasons and Benefits of Creator Magic

Should this magic be accepted, it will be made a public magic for those who wish to learn it. Though it resembles Cleric and even Druid magic a bit, this would be a lower level magic in strength more public to the community. I hope this will be a good magic used to help fight the recent influx of dark magic seen in Iblees's return. The idea needs more fleshing out so add feedback below!

I want to control killer animals to kill hostile mobs. Protag > Antag +1

There used to be Creator Holy Magic. It was a few months ago -- maybe longer --removed as one does not simply connect to the Creator, who's never been verified to exist to begin with, and was rectified as Tahariae lying to the users to allow them his magic under a falsehood. I do not see the magic returning without some really good explanations.

There used to be Creator Holy Magic. It was a few months ago -- maybe longer --removed as one does not simply connect to the Creator, who's never been verified to exist to begin with, and was rectified as Tahariae lying to the users to allow them his magic under a falsehood. I do not see the magic returning without some really good explanations.

When it existed, it even admitted OOC that it didn't come from the creator. It came from an unknown Aengul. I'm pretty sure the staff does not want the creator handing out magic of any kind. Additionally, any magic that claims to infringe on other magics even a little makes me not too happy about it.

It says in the history of Lotc that a deity referred to the Creator exists.

http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/The+Ancient+History

Actually, I recall an LM saying that the accounts of the wandering wizard aren't cannon. They are about as true as any other possible religions IG.

Obviously those writings are the most commonly accepted, but without those writings as cannon, the Creator's existence is an open question.

And that has no bearing on whether or not the staff would allow a magic from the Creator. (They likely wouldn't because that would railroad religions IG )

Actually, I recall an LM saying that the accounts of the wandering wizard aren't cannon. They are about as true as any other possible religions IG.

Obviously those writings are the most commonly accepted, but without those writings as cannon, the Creator's existence is an open question.

And that has no bearing on whether or not the staff would allow a magic from the Creator. (They likely wouldn't because that would railroad religions IG )

Not necessarily, just as the orcs have spirits who attest to Krug's existence, this would be similar.

People could choose whether or not they actually believe the Creator does the magic, and that could make some interesting RP alone.

As for the Wandering Wizard, the founder of the server made that lore. In my opinion, if the staff wants to change it then a replacement should be made. I'm going off what it was before there was any official replacement.

Not necessarily, just as the orcs have spirits who attest to Krug's existence, this would be similar.

People could choose whether or not they actually believe the Creator does the magic, and that could make some interesting RP alone.

As for the Wandering Wizard, the founder of the server made that lore. In my opinion, if the staff wants to change it then a replacement should be made. I'm going off what it was before there was any official replacement.

Krug isn't the creator of the universe. He was one of the four brothers.

The staff didn't allow creator clerics to get their power from the creator, so I don't see why they would allow a different magic to come from the creator.

Here is the mention. Lago was LM for a long time, and was LM at the time he posted this.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/117104-what-do-you-think-about-the-church-of-the-canon/page-7#entry1121236

Could it be said that we don't know where the source comes from or perhaps an Aengul but believe it's the Creator?

Well, sure. That's how creator cleric magic was allowed to exist.

The fact that this does overlap with both clerical and druid magic is an issue, though. I don't see anything in this that doesn't exist in Clerical or Druid magic.

Unfortunately, no. Angels aren't ethereal beings that can't act against eachother. If an angel pretended to be the Creator to give power, he might find himself ganked by both Tahariae ((One of the most powerful)) and Xan ((Again, another one of the most powerful)). Infact, it would probably be that way, since the Creator worshippers tend to -kill- clerics, meaning their own influence in the realm would be weakened by letting someone impersonate the omnipotent and omniscient creator, should such a being exist in LotC's universe.

So by cleric/drood logic, their gods exist but the human god doesnt. Seems legit. Elven Supremecy ftw

So by cleric/drood logic, their gods exist but the human god doesnt. Seems legit. Elven Supremecy ftw

It's more or less one being canon confirmed to intervene and the other never intervening. It's a world where deities empower their followers, they should have more credibility than a omnipotent being in the sky that does nothing.

There are Aenguls and Daemons that canonically exist and give power to their followers. But there is no canon for the creation of the world. We could believe there was a creator or that the Aenguls and Daemons worked together to create the world or whatever and it would all be equally valid. Point is that the creator is not any more valid than the dwarven Brathmordikin, for instance.

EDIT: I doubt the staff will allow a source of magic from any being(s) that claims to be responsible for creation in order to keep that area open and not railroad religions.