Orchetypes

๖ۣۜ§osa (E.G.I.E.)

Orcs.

Orcs come in many shapes, sizes, colors, personalities, background, etc. Now, the beautiful thing about Roleplaying is that you can create whatever you want. The whole point to Roleplay is that you're making your own character, this post is just to give you a basic idea, or guideline, to base an Orc character off of. This post is primarily just a list of ideas for those out there that wish to play an Orc. 

This post will cover a couple of basic personality groups, in which we'll go slightly in depth into their life, and capture a glimpse of what they do within the Orcish society. Now again, these are just a guidelines, and you shouldn't play a character verbatim of what one personality group states. Also, the recommended clans are very loosely recommended, if that makes sense. Obviously any Orc of any Orchetype can join any clan and be suitable, but it would just fit your Roleplay slightly more.

(Keep an eye out for any useful links)

lOAHsZ4.png

59Qer3g.png

Sub-Types: Passive-Aggressive, Intelligent Aggressive

Roleplay Difficulty: Easy

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil, Lawful Evil 

Orc Rarity: Common

Traits: Brutish, racist, short minded, short sided, short temper

Race: Uruk, Olog

Jobs: Warrior, Raider, Hunter, Blacksmith, Miner

Clan: Gorkil, Lur, Dom

Obviously, one of the more common Orcetypes, but also very fun to play. This type of Orc usually doesn't believe in peace, and are primarily short tempered. They're absolutely never afraid to unshackle their bloodlust on their unfortunate opponent without hesitation. These types of Orcs tend to be very racist towards other races and are overall not very tolerant. An aggressive Orc doesn't always have to be simple-minded though, they can be cunning, and heroic at times. Obviously, they are capable of friendship, but keep in mind their short temper, they are not afraid to fight any other Orc, or enemy. They take offence very easily, and aren't afraid to challenge their own. If you wish to play this kind of Orc, I would recommend to seek the clans Gorkil, Lur, or Dom. Lur especially if you wish to become a hunter.

QI3KFbt.png

mvLPkoY.png 

Sub-Types: Dark Shaman
Roleplay Difficulty: Medium - Hard

Alignment: Lawful Neautral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil, Lawful Evil

Orc Rarity: Rare

Traits: Vary

Race: Any

Jobs: Vary
Clans: N/A

The clanless.

The exiled.

The runners.

Whatever the story is, a whitewash Orc is a whitewash Orc. Naturally despised by the War Uzg. These Orcs are the few that have turned their back on The Spirits, Orcish traditions, and/or the Orcs themselves. Whether it was for their own selfishness and self worth, or for their beliefs, they're traitors.

Now, all the negativity set aside. This is a refreshing, and very fun type of Orc to play. A very important topic also, is how they became whitewash. It could be that they live with other races, their life mate is another race, they broke the code of Krug, or they believe in some other deity. Literally, the possibilities are endless, and it's surprisingly fun playing as the outcast character (ironically).

As for Dark Shaman, these are the Orcs that have learned Shamanism in the past and are now using some trick to influence/bind the Spirits to their bidding. Read the topic in the link here for more information on Dark Shamans.

LvCe3gg.png

sCyFnge.png

Sub-Types: Intelligent Diplomatic, Shaman

Roleplay Difficulty: Medium - Hard
Alignment: Lawful Neautral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral
Orc Rarity: Rare
Traits: Intelligent, Cunning, Understanding, Wise

Race: Orc, Gobo
Jobs: Shaman, Elder, Advisor, Alchemist, Enchanter
Clans:
Yar, Gorkil

The more intelligent, hidden side of Orcs. Most people think that all Orcs are shallow minded, which is entirely false. There're plenty of wise Orcs, such as Malog, Thurak, and Zar'roc (All coincidentally of the Yar clan). The Diplomatic Orcs tend to be less racist, and at times can be gullible, and trust non-Orcs slightly too much. Within this group of Orcs, there're many different type of goals to achieve, such as to continue the striving of the Goi, or to achieve honor in name of their clan. At times, less brutish and more understanding, they believe things can be settled with other means besides violence. They're very capable of holding in their bloodlust, and know how to keep it at bay when unwanted.

As for Shamans, these are the Orcs that have come in contact with the spirits, and start to communicate with them. Whether to learn, seek guidance, or ask for help. Click the link here to learn more on Shamanism.  

EAuWDhT.png

opTaa6R.png

Sub-Types: Any

Roleplay Difficulty: Hard
Alignment: Any
Orc Rarity: Uncommon
Traits: Vary
Race: Any
Jobs: Farmers, Miners, Etc.
Clans: A
ny

The white slate of an Orc. Nothing too interesting about them, but their personalities stretch far. From Shamans, to Warriors, these Orcs can be anybody. Though they do what they must to get by. Survival is their only worry. Their faith stays with their clan, brothers, and sisters, but they also must do what they must to survive. Hunters and gatherers, usually not that higher up in the Uzg. As they begin to descend the ranks, or do whatever it is their ambition is set on, they begin to adapt in their personality, and this is where character development beings to take part.

The fun part about this Orc is that in the beginning, it can be quite bland, I know, but as you move on, your Orc can become anybody. The perfect Orchetype for those not sure at all on what personality they should play. It's the wildcard, and it's the path I took.

EctgBVp.png

Now remember, feel free to join any clan! These are just some ideas that you can use. Please, be very unique about your character!
Happy Roleplaying!
Most importantly, have fun!

(May add more, comment for suggestions! Remember, this is for the new players, so let's get as much as we can :P)

As a neutral olog I can confirm that the neutral orchetype is the best orchetype.

nicely made

Good read, Dom clan best clan, Dom clan master clan.

edit: NO DOM IS BAD 01/08/18

Good read, Dom clan best clan, Dom clan master clan.

( Add a swampgoth subtype :I!)

Also Kushgoth. Fizldank needs some love too.

Stupid me, I'll delete that. That was on accident :I

They fit a bit with the discription but Lur's main thing is that they are hunters, also Gorkill was the diplomat clan in the beginning

They fit a bit with the discription but Lur's main thing is that they are hunters, also Gorkill was the diplomat clan in the beginning

I know, but Gorkil's have been heavily inactive is all.

That's the only reason why I didn't go too in depth with them.

Could you add one detailing Goblins/Ologs? Describing the orchetype of playing a tinkerous, intelligent, and mischievous goblin, or playing a large, battering, stupid Olog?

Could you add one detailing Goblins/Ologs? Describing the orchetype of playing a tinkerous, intelligent, and mischievous goblin, or playing a large, battering, stupid Olog?

Of course! I'll add it soon

Damn cool. If I ever get tired of Roleplaying as a Human, or if my character ever dies. I shall defenitely look into the Orcish RPing scene.