[11/04] Lore Q/a And R&d

Jistuma

Looking at the lore given to us, it specifically states that the triumvirate are not deities nor aengudaemon's and instead something different. So to answer your question, apparently unspecified beings of power!

ps: this isn't me stating that they're not aengudaemon's but its remained vague enough to not confirm such. etcetc. 

Triumvirate are AengulDaemons. Just if they are Daemons or Aenguls isn't specified, because that doesn't really matter much.

Do certain magicians have the 'ability' (I suppose) to 'sense' (loose terms) mana? A broad question, however- In Void Translocation, an object's magical value must be perceived and comprehended in order for a equal balance of mana to be supplied when said object is to be transported into the void (Along with its physical attributes and other such things). Should it be said, than, that through meditation a certain understanding of nearby 'mana fields' (Simply said as yet another loose term. Mana around an object releasing it), may be obtained? Something similar was stated in (Insert long acronym), by Elindor.

All things were originally pulled from a realm in which is not a single thing but the potential for all things. And thereby all things that exist are still magic. Perceiving magical value is a skill that requires much practise and isn’t really teachable as you either find yourself able to perceive the presence of magic or not. Certainly with practise comes the strengthening of such a skill; but to attempt to explain to another how they are to ‘feel’ an apple tree from a dozen metres is (in almost all instances) utterly fruitless.

Anyway, the point of the question is that I'd be interested to incorporate the idea into Shamanism to explain how Spirit Walks are done, should this process already be Canon. If not, I suppose I have some more lore to write.

I'm going to post this on both the Magic Q&A and the Lore Q&A since I really don't know where it would fit;

Blood mages supposedly use genus...but this is said to be something that is not accepted, or does not exist. If they don't use genus, what do they use?

I'd imagine the idea be very specific to void translocationists, apart of their magic is understanding the mass details of an object including its inner most workings and in turn they hold the capability to transport items to and from the void. Seeing as mana is tied with inner forces I doubt an aura is produced, in reality this information can only really be tapped into by those of taught void translocation. 

I'm going to post this on both the Magic Q&A and the Lore Q&A since I really don't know where it would fit;

Blood mages supposedly use genus...but this is said to be something that is not accepted, or does not exist. If they don't use genus, what do they use?

Genus exists within a strange state. It's accepted in terms of its existence and relation to blood magic, however what its exact, defining purpose is atop what it can do isn't really 'accepted'. If anything I'd suggest avoiding the concept.

So, how do we contact an LM if their PM box is full?

oh and so should i make masur but for OUTSIDE the map or should i just make it for the new map

Quick question for the LT for the last push on the Runesmithing writeup. 

Will the lore team be fine with the creation of a rune that prevents to a extent Aenguldaemonic powers being expressed onto a person, for example speaking into their mind and temporarily disabling their powers? 

Likewise, would we be able to produce a process that broke connections to the Aenguldaemonica? (Of course, only strictly for people who consent, and if they wished to afterwards they would still be able to re-establish powers.)

The answer is no for both.

The former is essentially warding, but far more powerful as it covers a whole range of magics, and much easier as you don't have to understand any such magics. So no on that front.

The latter is something that should only really be done by processes within the magic, and can already happen. Not to mention the can of lore worms that would have to be opened in order to make that work.

So... this is a bit of an off-topic question, but I need it answered:

I'm planning on proposing another language for some lore. First of all, am I able to propose this? Second, where would I post it?

So... this is a bit of an off-topic question, but I need it answered:

I'm planning on proposing another language for some lore. First of all, am I able to propose this? Second, where would I post it?

Language is an interesting one.

The reason behind such is that technically speaking you need not lore to say your character begins to speak in an odd new language.. Yet, what you might need lore for is its origin. What I'm trying to say if that you want your language to be something spoken within history by an ancient civilisation that yes you'll need lore. However if you're only wanting to speak it because your 'character invented it' your only fear is looking insane.

Nevertheless if you want to submit something, that would be this very 'Lore' forum. 

Is it true that only Dwarves with Irongut blood in them can learn magic?

i hope this is the right place, i wasn't sure to ask in here or the magic q&a :-(

i hope this is the right place, i wasn't sure to ask in here or the magic q&a :-(

It's a widely held belief in RP, however the server-wide rule is that any member of the descendant races has the same potential to use magic as any other. So, no, any dwarf can learn magic.

It's a widely held belief in RP, however the server-wide rule is that any member of the descendant races has the same potential to use magic as any other. So, no, any dwarf can learn magic.

But a word of warning, a non-irongut mage will be killed on sight. When the rule was changed in the fringe it was wildly unpopular and still is in the dwarven community.

Doomforged should be in the same boat due to them having Dark Elf blood to my knowledge on how we Dwarves look at things.

Even though the lore says all Dwarves can learn magic, we still respect what was there before and say that they do have Irongut blood in them.

Here's my question:

Are we allowed to create new "new, playable kingdoms."?

So if I create a piece of lore that was completely unique from the other kingdoms, would it be "implemented"? And if so, who would lead it? 

I'm going off the Kingodom of Masur lore that was submitted, and I'm wondering how that would have been implemented (if it got accepted).

Following this, what is your opinion on implementing an "Eastern"ish kingdom in this server. Meaning it would partially renact how Japan was in the Middle Ages....

Also is there someone willing to help me write lore? Like look at my work, help edit etc?

Here's my question:

Are we allowed to create new "new, playable kingdoms."?

So if I create a piece of lore that was completely unique from the other kingdoms, would it be "implemented"? And if so, who would lead it? 

I'm going off the Kingodom of Masur lore that was submitted, and I'm wondering how that would have been implemented (if it got accepted).

Following this, what is your opinion on implementing an "Eastern"ish kingdom in this server. Meaning it would partially renact how Japan was in the Middle Ages....

You don't need lore to create a new kingdom, just get members to help you create one in-game. The kingdom lore wont get implemented, because there would be nothing to implement and if you do make it in-game in-character then you could easily lead it. As for the last part, there already was a large easterner group but I am unsure if they are still around, simply send [THIS] guy a private message asking about it.