[✗] Druid Lore Amendment: Control of Weather

Wolf Druid Ouity

6 minutes ago, Kebab said:

You said it to me yourself Ouity, Druidism's quite powerful in its current state and I see no reason for it to be given more functions. You guys have many boons already and giving them weather control seems innately unbalanced. It's a large shift from manipulating plant life and flora to then creating storms and calling down lightning bolts. 

*looks at kha magic that can literally turn back time to before any damage was even done to someone or something*

*looks back at druid magic that is mainly flare or healing and most of it isn't very volatile in any sort of combat situation*

I just find it funny that there's a deity-based magic that essentially says 'go ahead and metagame because of x lore reason' and people say druidism is op. That just makes me giggle.

g-g-guys the druids a-are gonna make it r-r-rain on us

Just let it go through, there's literally no reason to not implement an addition which druids should be able to do anyway.

1 minute ago, KibagoKid said:

*looks at kha magic that can literally turn back time to before any damage was even done to someone or something*

*looks back at druid magic that is mainly flare or healing and most of it isn't very volatile in any sort of combat situation*

I just find it funny that there's a deity-based magic that essentially says 'go ahead and metagame because of x lore reason' and people say druidism is op. That just makes me giggle.

I thank you for making this point.

2 minutes ago, KibagoKid said:

Kharajyr magic is OP too, the difference is this thread is centered on Druidism. It doesn't turn back time to my knowledge but instead places something into stasis? Not quite sure, again, bad lore.

Druid Magic has like what, four or five sub-types? It's pretty volatile in most combat situations unless you're in a desert. This thread isn't about Druidism being OP or "go meta because x reason" weather control is primarily a shaman thing and I feel it should remain so. Most of Druidic lore is centered on flora and plant life and animals, not the actual temporal forces. 

I will say this once, I will say this a million times.  I DON'T CARE ABOUT BALANCE.  For heaven's sake.  This is not an MMO.  

Just now, Kebab said:

Druid Magic has like what, four or five sub-types? It's pretty volatile in most combat situations unless you're in a desert. This thread isn't about Druidism being OP or "go meta because x reason" weather control is primarily a shaman thing and I feel it should remain so. Most of Druidic lore is centered on flora and plant life and animals, not the actual temporal forces. 

Only 4 of which are public ic knowledge and of those four only 1 can be used for combat, two are for healing, and 1 is just talking to things.

And Druidic Lore isn't just flora and plant life and animals, its all of nature. Temporal is time or the earth itself, not weather.

18 minutes ago, Kebab said:

You said it to me yourself Ouity, Druidism's quite powerful in its current state and I see no reason for it to be given more functions. You guys have many boons already and giving them weather control seems innately unbalanced. It's a large shift from manipulating plant life and flora to then creating storms and calling down lightning bolts. 

But this is manipulating plant and flora though.

This is literally a gathering of top tier druids just to help people dog, like, make it drizzle up in this hizzle, and even getting it hot up in here to dry damp places, just like Ouity's tears right now because you are all triggering him with the same remarks that he has already answered, if not to the best of his ability here.

Also, Shamans are pretty much more OP than Druids bro, so lets start comparing the two since everyone is.

Where a Druid can't control the actual water released from the sad clouds they can barely call upon, a whole nation of Shamans could create a ******* tidal wave if they wanted and wash away everything or even start a small fire and burn everything to a damn crisp.

Druids?

They just give Oxygen, you know, the lore that was just approved. They also mate when in animal form to be closer to nature and foster their bear cub hybrids.

Pretty sure Shamans could summon elementals too that could literally destroy a Treant if they wanted to. 

like Grimreaper said, this lore offers absolutely no combat or power advantage (it'd be impractical to use in combat) and exists SOLELY FOR CEREMONY AND CULTURAL PURPOSES

seriously what's y'alls problem if you gotta nitpick this

2 minutes ago, KibagoKid said:

Only 4 of which are public ic knowledge and of those four only 1 can be used for combat, two are for healing, and 1 is just talking to things.

And Druidic Lore isn't just flora and plant life and animals, its all of nature. Temporal is time or the earth itself, not weather.

Wrong term then on my part, but the gist of it was that until now they didn't tamper with weather.

2 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

But this is manipulating plant and flora though.

This is literally a gathering of top tier druids just to help people dog, like, make it drizzle up in this hizzle, and even getting it hot up in here to dry damp places, just like Ouity's tears right now because you are all triggering him with the same remarks that he has already answered, if not to the best of his ability here.

Also, Shamans are pretty much more OP than Druids bro comparing the two since everyone is.

Where a Druid can't control the actual water released from the sad clouds they can barely call upon, a whole nation of Shamans could create a ******* tidal wave if they wanted and wash away everything or even start a small fire and burn everything to a damn crisp.

Druids?

They just give Oxygen, you know, the lore that was just approved. They also mate when in animal form to be closer to nature and foster their bear cub hybrids.

Pretty sure Shamans could summon elementals too that could literally destroy a Treant if they wanted to. 

Alright, as long as redlines were made prohibiting its use in combat I'd be fine with it. 

4 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

g-g-guys the druids a-are gonna make it r-r-rain on us

1pT35.gif

Last I checked druids revolve around nature. Pretty sure rain, floods, droughts, etc, are all a part of nature. 

This lore isn't going to be used for combat. We're not going to punish someone with a sudden downpour of rain. It's literally just an addition to what we already can do and that's heal imbalanced nature. You got a drought plaguing your crops? Call the druids in. Area won't stop raining and it's now flooding? Call the druids in. Ya know, the stuff we should already be able to take care of. Also opens up new events for ET to do for us.

You'll all have to excuse my friend Ouity here.  He's quite salty about some LT interactions and he can't quite come back down to earth.  It's like he's trying to come out of orbit but keeps hitting the horizon so his periapsis is just high enough (about 70,000 meters) to maintain orbit.

Sometimes I swear with you PEOPLE.

Why does everything have to be compared to using **** in combat?

Literally, no one RP combats anymore for fucks sake.

PVP Default 4 Life

Magic isn't balanced.

PVP isn't balanced.

Literally find another magic to compare this too where the other said magic can't literally start an apocalypse if the user so chooses.

"Oh look, WEEDS. Welp, we're all done. Time to pack our bags and hit the seas lads, this is how we transition to 5.0. Druids ruined us all."

Druids have never been able to manipulate anything other than life, this is directly taking away from shamanism. I see no reason why this should be a thing, druidism is already a very diverse magic and pretty strong overall. This doesn't go well with current lore at all and there really is no reason for this to be a thing. Ask a shaman for help if you need some rain.

40 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

They use the old druid's pool, aka. Petyr the Salmon-Who-Made-Me-Find-A-Fish-For-An-Hour Druid.

They split the earth without roots. It was in Anthos, and I didn't know better, but I remember what happened.

4 minutes ago, Whimsylicious said:

Druids have never been able to manipulate anything other than life, this is directly taking away from shamanism. I see no reason why this should be a thing, druidism is already a very diverse magic and pretty strong overall. This doesn't go well with current lore at all and there really is no reason for this to be a thing. Ask a shaman for help if you need some rain.

I swear, I wonder how some people on these forums can type and yet they can't READ.

LOOK.

LOOK WITH YOUR SPECIAL EYES. 

5 pages of people talking on how this fits and how it's ALREADY A THING and just needs to be looked at bit before going back in.

At least most of the Druids don't powergame, jesus christ.

I'm not here to even debate on the topic anymore, I am having more fun responding to all of you people. Truly making my day at 3:30 in the morning.

No one messes with Karma's homies.

Got you Ouity home slice.