Ascended

James

We know many of you remember the times in Aegis, specifically those of the Undead vs Ascended. For those of you who weren’t there or have only heard through forums or older players, the Ascended of Aegis were the main protagonists and were meant to battle the Undead. The problem with this, as many of you have stated, is that this role as the main protagonist left the races idly sitting by, unable to do much. And as we can see it’s left a lot of bad blood and stigmas from then that has carried over for the last four years of the server.

This post is not only meant to clarify some misconceptions, but also gives us a chance to explain the future of the Ascended.

The Ascended from this moment on will not be the main protagonists of Lord of the Craft. As part of the reformation, we all agreed that when 4.0 began we would not be thrust into the limelight of saving Athera. We do not wish to be the protagonists, that is up to you, it is the job of all the players of Lotc to be the protagonists. The Ascended are here to help, provide guidance, and assist the players against the Undead.

While the reformation changes much of the way the Ascended work, we still hold onto many ideals that we believe help the server. Mainly, this would mean recruitment. While I’m unsure completely on how the Ascended of Aegis recruited members, I am aware the selection process was rather strict (i.e. Anyone who asked was immediately blacklisted.), the current Ascended will be recruiting through observation and roleplay. Everyone will have an equal chance. (Yes, including Staff.) We’ve worked months to choose and roleplay with people who are active on the server, thus giving everyone an opportunity to interact with us. We will also PM anyone we are looking at, giving them a chance to voice any concerns, and ask any questions they may have before inviting them.

Interactions with the Ascended:

The Ascended are slowly, but surely spreading out across the map. Currently we have a few members who try their best to be several places at once, watching, roleplaying and over all interacting with the players. As more members join our ranks, our presence will hopefully be seen more in nations, working together with guilds and settlements to help the descendants.

How to become an Ascended:

As stated before, the Ascended will be roleplaying across the map, looking for new members. However, while this may be true, we can not be everywhere at all times, so if you do wish to join us, we do have a main base of operations anyone may be able to locate through RP.  

What does it mean to be Ascended:

With the reformation of the Ascended our new goal is simple:

Providing fun RP for everyone on the server.

With that in mind there are some responsibilities to being an Ascended. We do not wish to force anyone to RP with us. Characters will have their biases, fears, hatred towards us, that is all fine and remember that for every RP action, there is a RP reaction. Also keep in mind that we are all still human behind the computer screens, and we all joined Lord of the Craft for the sole purpose of having fun.

If you are wanting to join the Ascended because you are looking for power, We can tell you now this is not the place for you. Our focus is not in power, but in providing RP. We do not shun groups away as we try to interact with as many people as possible.  

We as an order try to keep things fair, and if someone should stumble along the way and make a few mistakes we try to help them learn from their folly. We then address the error by trying to help you learn In-character as well as clarifying out-of-character. Should someone continue to make errors after being attempted to help improve it is then taken into consideration by the leadership.

If the leadership decides it is fruitless to continue trying to assist the errors then the person will be stripped of their abilities and removed from the order.

Questions, answers, suggestions:

Hopefully, this post has shed some clarifications for you. There will be some of you who have your doubts, complaints, questions, which is understandable. In this case, we ask that you keep as respectable as you can. We’ve updated our Wiki pages for the more basic answers, if those do not help you, then please direct a PM to one of us below, any questions in this topic may get overlooked:

James27049

501Warhead

Zilldude

Originally written by: Morsmordre in 4.0

TL;DR- Ascended reforms, new ways of doing things, not the protagonists, roleplay to provide fun for everyone.

Old Ascended: 

Spoiler

FINALLY!

So the only way to join is to be recruited? And the only way to be recruited is to be picked by an Ascended?

The Ascended from this moment on will not be the main protagonists of Lord of the Craft.

l m f a o the implication that they were before

I thought the ascended were being removed completely. What happened to that? why the cancellation?

1 hour ago, امين said:

So the only way to join is to be recruited? And the only way to be recruited is to be picked by an Ascended?

The Ascended vote on candidates brought up by those in the order. To be brought up, it's usually a matter of being noticed in RP for doing good deeds or aiding in the cause against corrupted creatures and those who would tamper with souls. I myself was given a scroll after giving an active role in Athera against the Undead as a void mage, and assisting the descendants by generally doing good on my character. I knew none of the Ascended oocly before joining, and everything was done through RP. I will be keeping it that way, based on the interactions of the order and those within Vailor. 

The Ascended from this moment on will not be the main protagonists of Lord of the Craft.

l m f a o the implication that they were before

I thought the ascended were being removed completely. What happened to that? why the cancellation?

The removal was revoked. From my opinion it was completely unwarranted, however if you wish to discuss that with me you may do so through PMs. 

Please, for the love of god, don't turn this back into the "Who's who" club it was before.

26 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

Please, for the love of god, don't turn this back into the "Who's who" club it was before.

Don't know what you're referencing by that. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

Don't know what you're referencing by that. 

1 hour ago, James said:

The Ascended vote on candidates brought up by those in the order.

This is what I'm referring to. With all due respect, it seems rather exclusive and incredibly clique-y that the only way to become an Ascended is if you're deemed "good enough". While this may not be intended, or the case, it comes off as "Only people we like are allowed to be Ascended" rather than anyone is welcome to try to become an Ascended.

Just now, Merkaken said:

This is what I'm referring to. With all due respect, it seems rather exclusive and incredibly clique-y that the only way to become an Ascended is if you're deemed "good enough". While this may not be intended, or the case, it comes off as "Only people we like are allowed to be Ascended" rather than anyone is welcome to try to become an Ascended.

You are completely welcome to show interest in RP. By no means will people be accepted based off of being friends with another, its based on the actions of your character. My entire goal is to provide RP for the server, and that's what I've always done on my character and what I plan to do for the order. I don't care about the actions of the past, don't prematurely judge something because of how it used to be. I don't mean to sound snarky, criticism like this definitely welcomed and I thank you for your concern. I will reassure you that it is nothing of the sort, RP goes where RP will.  

I'm kinda glad, and to be honest the next thing to be implemented should be Blightfire. 

3 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

The reason why the ascended do it is also cause in character they are a higher order who follow a patron of good. You can't just let random people who haven't seen or have been vouched for into an order. It makes sense from an IC standpoint though, the only thing it really hinders is OOCly they are a small group of people since each person needs to be meticulously chosen. Hope you guys take a more religious role this time though.

3 minutes ago, Booklight12 said:

The reason why the ascended do it is also cause in character they are a higher order who follow a patron of good. You can't just let random people who haven't seen or have been vouched for into an order. It makes sense from an IC standpoint though, the only thing it really hinders is OOCly they are a small group of people since each person needs to be meticulously chosen. Hope you guys take a more religious role this time though.

We will be trying to! Though I do want to get us a more active role first and foremost. Recruiting in the next few weeks will be heavy. 

I don't know how I feel about this. Really, I don't. We'll just have to see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Merkaken said:

You could say this with any guild, someone reference you to the guild and you get a foot in the door. I remember when I joined I found the hidden city and asked about the group and mentioned I would be willing to help with supplies as they were a newer guild. After about a month I got my scroll. (The story after that is very funny )

All guilds are cliches.

Don't be like the clique-y necros of old.

(I love you necros don't hurt me <3)