[Aengul] Tabbris, The Aengul of Benefact

Wrynn

7JJ0yDp.png

003.jpg

“I cannot stand to see them fall, and fall again - failing to complete the task at hand as they lay down their arms in defeat.”

Tabbris, an Aengul who watches over the mortal races, his eye kept held tight to the succession and failures of those who seek to make land upon this new world.

The First Nightmare

The descendants would be snug in the beds, sleeping throughout the night as the moon would glaze over the sky. They would toss and turn as the night grew thicker and thicker, older and older. In their heads, their dreams were turning to nightmares. The nightmare would leave the person floating in a space of seeming to be nothing. No air to breathe, no ground to stand upon. They would wait, endless within this empty space - not falling, not suffocating as they'd wait. Soon a door would open infront of them, and an old wrinkly hand would reach out to tug at them, pulling them through the door. As the descendants would look through the door - a large workshop would present itself along with a skinny, pale and tall man - the man who had pulled them from the space.

Soon the nightmare would end, leaving the descendants to awake from their beds in a drift of cold sweat, leaving many questions unanswered. Had everyone suffered from the same nightmare? Who was the man?

The Second Dream

The descendants once again retreat into their beds, their eyes falling down as their body rests for yet another day. Soon they would find themselves held within this space once again - yet this time able to move, able to breathe. The door, like the last occurrence would appear. Open to the descendants. As and if they were to venture inside, the old man would once again be standing within the workshop, this time holding an item of help to the descendant. Perhaps a small bag of coin, perhaps a blanket. He would reach out and gently lay the item in the descendants arms before once again, the descendants awoke with one faint word loitering the depths of their mind. "Tabbris."

Identity

Tabbris has presented himself a-kin to the descendants within the The First Nightmare and The Second Dream. He took human form, a long grey beard dripping from his chin and neck whilst two round planes of glass sloped atop his nose. Forming the appearance of a human man, older than most. His frame often skinny and thin, cloaked in a grey robe.

Legacy

The first acts of Tabbris were many ages before the youthful glaze of most. When buildings that were being constructed had to be laid down stone by stone, brick by brick, and plank by plank - without the help of crane or animal. Tabbris would look down towards the men in their laborious efforts, he would see their fingers and feet bleeding under the strain of work.

Soon he could bare the suffering no more and let down a hand to those below. Tabbris had crafted a single pair of boots to keep a worker’s skin from further misery as he walked along the stone-laid ground. These boots would go on to inspire the other workers of a presence guiding them, and protecting them from hardships that exist within the mortal realm.

Although Tabbris may be not as well-known among the descendants as other Aenguls, he continues to aid them through small ideas and concepts.

Existance

The nightmare and dream presented to the descendants depicted a workshop where Tabbris had been in each dream. The workshop included odds and ends that seem to not fit together. Yet spools of thread lined the walls, weaving into large wooden looms. Scraps of leather lay curled upon the floor, half-stitched into other fabrics and small ingots of metal lay resting by a large forge coined into the wall.

004.png

Tabbris roams his workshop as he looks down to man below, crafting and sculpting tools of aid and benefact. As his eyes would peer towards the suffering, he would create a solution to aim to solve the suffering. The boots granted to the early descendants were crafted in this very workshop, weaved from a small part of the plane.

Identity

Tabbris takes this duty upon himself simply because he feels the need to end the suffering that man endures day in and day out. Although Tabbris may have never enacted colossal changes to the descendants lives, Tabris eases the pain lightly when the descendants most need it. Taking away part of the pain that exists along-side the mortal flesh bodies that the descendants inhabit.

The Now

Tabbris continues to enact his work through the descendants a-like. Whether it be through a good deed, or something a-like. His presence is always to be felt among the descendants. The presence of benefact.

002.jpg

this is a meme right

1 hour ago, TeaLulu said:

this is a meme right

Nope! From what I see, this Aengul - to man, is one of hope. It's an entity to which people praise for a greater sense of well-being and comfort. Perhaps the name made you thought it was a meme, but it was the first thing that came to mind... I wonder why...

Can you at least make him cool instead of like the generic trash self-fellating Aenguls all the staff like to play? As far as I can tell this looks to be just your average power fantasy. 

59 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

Can you at least make him cool instead of like the generic trash self-fellating Aenguls all the staff like to play? As far as I can tell this looks to be just your average power fantasy. 

It's not something that i'd say would be playable. If anything, I see the Aengul as a concept. Good things happen to people, and they see that Wrynn has sought out and brought this aid to them.

“I cannot stand to see them fall, and fall again - incompleting their task at hand as they lay down their arms in defeat.”

This sentence is wacko. 

“I cannot stand to see them fall, and fall again - failing to complete the task at hand as they lay down their arms in defeat.” is the only thing I can think of to fix it. 

=> Seeing as I can't edit my post for whatever reason, you can merge this with my previous post at your leisure. 

59 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

“I cannot stand to see them fall, and fall again - incompleting their task at hand as they lay down their arms in defeat.”

This sentence is wacko. 

“I cannot stand to see them fall, and fall again - failing to complete the task at hand as they lay down their arms in defeat.” is the only thing I can think of to fix it. 

=> Seeing as I can't edit my post for whatever reason, you can merge this with my previous post at your leisure. 

Yeah, I suppose that probably is better wording c:. I'm always open to suggestions and edits that I can make to the lore.

I honestly quite like this, I always love concept art in posts (hue shaman posts <3) but jeah seems cool! Might be considered a bit meme'y because of the name but honestly its a good name so why the hell not.

I hope this is a practical joke. For one, naming an Aengul after your own mc user triggers me. For two, it lacks much purpose and seems super special snowflakey. Change the name and add more and I may grow more impartial. 

This is the most conceited thing I have ever seen posted on the forums in a while. I truly hope you aren't naming an Aengul after yourself.

1 hour ago, aerialkebab said:

I hope this is a practical joke. For one, naming an Aengul after your own mc user triggers me. For two, it lacks much purpose and seems super special snowflakey. Change the name and add more and I may grow more impartial. 

1 hour ago, Free The Hobbits said:

This is the most conceited thing I have ever seen posted on the forums in a while. I truly hope you aren't naming an Aengul after yourself.

1 hour ago, TeaLulu said:

this is a meme right

Alright, so not many people liked the name - so I've changed it. Anyways, let me clarify what this Aengul's purpose is.

Often within religions that are monotheistic, we often see people say; "The Lord works through people aswell as working through himself." This is essentially the idea of this Aengul. When good things happen, some would say that it is the Lord who has made it happen, whilst others say it has been a coincidence.

Tabbris is essentially a name for the 'Lord' in LotC, who is known to aid the descendants throughout their efforts. Perhaps in roleplay, this could be someone roaming within a desert, dehydrated - however they stumble upon a desert as they come to near exhaustion, they would say, "Thank you Tabbris", "Thank Tabbris." Something along the lines of this. It's nothing that I aim to become playable, or anything like that - it's simply an implementation that would provide a different aspect of RP to good fortune.

1 hour ago, Wrynntastic. said:

however they stumble upon an oasis*

It's not letting me edit sadly, I'll have to double post.

I like it more now, yeah, I get the gist of it. You've my support. +1

I am fond of the idea of a simplistic and friendly Aengul. All lore created with idols always has to be so aggressive and complicated. I believe this could be a way to shed the importance of lore to players simply just using MC rather than the forums and even allow for ease of interaction with newer players by Staff.

TBH, I personally don't care he named it after himself. I really think its hard for non-LMs to write Aenguldaemon lore though... Given the lore isn't public, and no one even knows the actual reason an Aengul is an Aengul. But its an interesting take.