[✗] Creature Submission - The Sea Bear

Boomzerang

The Sea Bear
Image result for sea bear

A sea bear is a cross between a fish and a bear, usually found in underwater places with an abundance of water. They usually have the head of a bear and the body of a fish, although some rare cases have proven that they can be born with the bodies of bears and heads of fish, the latter subspecies living on land in heavily wooded areas. They are born as any mammal would be, and fed milk for the first seven months of their lives. After these seven months, they are taught to hunt for three to five months, and abandoned by their parents during the night. This is what gives the sea bear its sharp wits and bitter attitude towards trespassers in its territory.

Calling/Summoning

The sea bear can be summoned, but this act should only be done under intense supervision and protection if the person(s) does not wish to face mauling or even death. The process of calling a sea bear begins by waking the beast. One must play any sort of woodwind instrument, like a clarinet or saxophone poorly. This will not only wake the sea bear up, but send it into an uncontrollable rage. Once this has been done, one must grab a torch and wave it back and forth in a rapid manner. As torches are a sea bear's natural prey, they will go from their rage into stealth, following their "prey's" every move. This is when they are most dangerous, and it is advised to have at least one person on lookout in case it strikes early. While in this stage, if someone is willing to risk their lives, they may challenge the beast by repeatedly stomping on the ground with their feet. One thing that must not ever be done is eat cheese that was cut into cubes. If they are slices, there is no reason to worry. The final things you must do when attempting to summon a sea bear are wearing a sombrero in a strange fashion, such as tilted or upside down, and screeching like a monkey, the latter being very effective, even more so than waving a torch.

Safety

If you have summoned a sea bear, disregarding any need for safety, you are most likely doomed, but fret not. There is one way and only one way to stop a sea bear in its tracks. An anti sea bear circle. This may seem strange, but in reality, anti sea bear circles are highly toxic to the animals, and they send a pungent gas into the air, unnoticeable by any of the descendants. It is this gas that keeps them away. When leaving the site of a sea bear attack, one must make sure they are gone, by eating a cube of cheese. Whoever survives must not under any circumstances run, limp, or crawl away, as this will resume the sea bear's flurry of anger. You must beware, however, that the rage of a sea bear sets off the rage of a sea rhinoceros, much deadlier than the sea bear or even the rhinoceroses of the War Uzg.

Red Lines

When roleplaying as a sea bear -

- You must NOT cross the border of an anti-sea bear circle, as this would mean certain death
- You are not to enter any civilisation, only roam the forests around it, or abide in the lakes nearby
- If a sea rhinoceros arrives, you must vacate the area. Bears of the sea are sea rhino's natural prey
- If you are a sea bear with the body of a fish, you must only walk on land for thirty minutes at a time. Any longer means instant death.
- You must not let and squid that you see live. You are the squid's natural arch-nemesis

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments

Just now, Tsuyose said:

is this serious 

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be.

:^)

There was once an orc, who thought to himself

We cannot allow LotC to fall further.

Sea bears must be added.

+1

I am just, just... going to that corner over there... and sit down, facing the wall, and I am going to just try and regain my composture...

this is the song you must play to wake the bear

shi

e21Or6j.png

Memes aside, This is a very nice bit of lore and I approve of it. +1.

(That being said, I think it should be put in the creature index over Here.)

i see nothing wrong with this lore

I believe the next submission should be about the illusive and very rare "Sea Rhino"!

latest?cb=20150527005211