[✗] Merge Lutauman and Farseer already.

HedgeHug

Read the Post first. Then vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Farseeng and Lutauman merge? yay or nae?

• Yay
    • Nae

I feel like this topic is more so people arguing about two things. The OOC side of the magic and the IC side of the magic.

The OOC side of it sees Farseer and Lutaumen as something similar despite it having various differences which cannot be merged that well (Look what happened to mental magic and cognatism). Though also as some people have suggested the way that the writer of the forum just wants to "get more power" without actually consulting the rest of the shaman playerbase on the thoughts of it all. 

The IC side of the magic has many differences between the two with the diverse culture associating them apart, which if this is accepted OOC wise the barrier between them are supposed to break? If the case by case being "It's a dead magic and needs an update to keep alive" that's a bad way to look at it. Merging two magics always brings an issue especially IC wise, once these two combine do all farseers know lutaumen and vise-versa or still have to learn?

The issue here is the divide between the shamans as represented in this post. You can keep the magic alive without the need to merge two together to make it relevant. As someone here stated a "School for shamanism" might be a solution to your problem, /might/.

I AM STILL HERE TO TEACH FARSEERSHIP, THOSE WHO WOULD BE CONCERNED WITH LEARNING IT, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME.

bb6e2de044066409dcba1a42264e6d89.png

This is the reason for this post. If you actually engage in the lessons and you know, RP the stuff out, I am more than willing to still teach folks.

**** simple, it's motherfucking magic, and one of the most original subtypes on LotC. **** trimming the fat, keep that cultural **** and RP depth. I will go out of my way to make sure farseership stays unique. That includes telling people who half-ass it to **** off.

Try ignoring my post now, haha.

aptly put by the everlasting orc king and bronze prince, peace be upon him

Catarhh is learning so there is no reason for this now 

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.

The two magics differ greatly and make no sense to be squished together. Cosmic’s post explains it rather well. There are other ways to go about reviving a dying magic.