[✗] Warlock Magic: Straatosian Horror

Ambduscias

Who does not like squid, mutant people.  

Hmm, while it's interesting and all.. the lore seems to be a mix of lore. You took the idea of Strel from Fel magic and twisted the idea of the outer gods imprisonment. It's still a fairly original piece of work but you should try distancing their abilities so they don't look like blatant Fel magic rip offs. 

43 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Hmm, while it's interesting and all.. the lore seems to be a mix of lore. You took the idea of Strel from Fel magic and twisted the idea of the outer gods imprisonment. It's still a fairly original piece of work but you should try distancing their abilities so they don't look like blatant Fel magic rip offs. 

Go play Dragon Age then reread the Blood Magic lore if you're looking for 'rip offs'. Besides the fact that you're drawing power from a chaotic otherworldly entity and one spell has the option to be green, I wouldn't really call this too similar to Fel.

50 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Everything is a rip off, who even gives a **** anymore.

+1 btw I didn't read the lore but the abilities look cool.

1 minute ago, Ambduscias said:

Most of it is based off lore that already exists in LoTC. The mechanics of Strel-related magic are new, but the rest of the "similar ideas" don't stem from this piece in particular. 

Ah, then I guess it's original. 

1 hour ago, Sir K Andruske said:

This feels like an updated version of unsound magic. I can dig it. What's the effect of Arcane attacks on warlocks? I assume normal?  

I think that was the initial intent but it got turned into something far more GLORIOUS.

47 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

I agree! Because Voidal horror summons exist in Celestialism I was wondering if you could give more insight as to how they work in the horrific Evocation? 

Horrific evocations in this refer to horrific Straatosian horrors, which have some distinctive differences to the run of the mill beast; many from the plane of Straatos are stereotypically eldritch in appearance, than say, the Celestial "voidal horrors" which can be any variety of warped creature(?) as I understand. 

Many of these are sentient (w/ some variety of agenda or emotion) and need not entirely cooperate with their masters goals and plans. I don't intend (currently) for these to be playable by anyone besides ET/LT, but there is a fairly wide span of difference between the two as it stands. 

2 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

This feels like an updated version of unsound magic. I can dig it. What's the effect of Arcane attacks on warlocks? I assume normal?  

Wasn't the intent (on my part), but that's how it goes. Arcane works fine on their normal flesh though it's blunt force would do little to the Strellic composition that makes up most of their later-end mutations.

9 minutes ago, Ambduscias said:

Horrific evocations in this refer to horrific Straatosian horrors, which have some distinctive differences to the run of the mill beast; many from the plane of Straatos are stereotypically eldritch in appearance, than say, the Celestial "voidal horrors" which can be any variety of warped creature(?) as I understand. 

Many of these are sentient (w/ some variety of agenda or emotion) and need not entirely cooperate with their masters goals and plans. I don't intend (currently) for these to be playable by anyone besides ET/LT, but there is a fairly wide span of difference between the two as it stands. 

Wasn't the intent (on my part), but that's how it goes. Arcane works fine on their normal flesh though it's blunt force would do little to the Strellic composition that makes up most of their later-end mutations.

devourer daddy cthulu magic
+1