[✗] The Lycanthropic Affliction

If we're going to have werewolf lore then vampire lore is needed too. Now if you're like me and actually UNDERSTAND THE FREAKING FOLK LORE. You'd know that vampires are undead corpses that break out of their graves at night to feast upon the blood of the innocent. They're not Bram stroker's abomination. 

To sum it up, a vampire was an undead corpse that rose out of its grave to feast on an innocent person such as a woman or child, the innocent individual never survives the encounter. This would make sense on LoTC and an LM should write lore for it. 

17 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

If we're going to have werewolf lore then vampire lore is needed too. Now if you're like me and actually UNDERSTAND THE FREAKING FOLK LORE. You'd know that vampires are undead corpses that break out of their graves at night to feast upon the blood of the innocent. They're not Bram stroker's abomination. 

To sum it up, a vampire was an undead corpse that rose out of its grave to feast on an innocent person such as a woman or child, the innocent individual never survives the encounter. This would make sense on LoTC and an LM should write lore for it. 

We have vampire lore & I think it could be used as inspiration for any future werewolf lore.

It seems kinda iffy at parts so I've got mixed feelings for this piece.

3 hours ago, Luka said:

You must roll a 1d100 while going through the transformation. If you obtain a 1-45 you will successfully receive the Affliction, if you obtain a 46-85 you will perish and be required to PK, and if you obtain a 86-100 you will transform into the bestial state and be unable to leave it.

I really dislike the rolling, if you want someone to become one bad enough, you'll just have them do it on another character should they fail. 

It's decently balanced, one thing I do enjoy is that you can choose the kind of canine you are. But the real question overall, is why do we need these on LoTC? We have /many/ different types of creatures, as well as ones who fill a very similar purpose, in this case the Strigae. So what is their purpose, what can roll can they fulfill that no other creature can? 

17 hours ago, KBR said:

I really dislike the rolling, if you want someone to become one bad enough, you'll just have them do it on another character should they fail. 

It's decently balanced, one thing I do enjoy is that you can choose the kind of canine you are. But the real question overall, is why do we need these on LoTC? We have /many/ different types of creatures, as well as ones who fill a very similar purpose, in this case the Strigae. So what is their purpose, what can roll can they fulfill that no other creature can?

The rolling was implemented due to the nature of the Affliction's initial actions when entering your body. As the cancer-esque Affliction cells begin to mimic and then destroy your body's original cells the experience can be very traumatic, and sometimes causing your body to reject the new cells, due your original cells being destroyed and the new rejected, you will perish.

If a player happens to perish and PK during this process, and then chooses to persue the same on another character, so be it, as long as it makes sense in rp. If they were to metagame then a Gm would simply be involved.

I understand that at this time LOTC has a multitude of creatures one can become, however I dont believe that number has reached the point in which an additioal few would prove silly or detrimental. Unlike many of the creatures we have now, The Lycanthropic Affliction is not completely character altering (Like if one was to become a wraith, dread knight, etc) and allows the player to continue with the rp they've already developed without forcing them into hiding like many of the non-normal-characters that have become something dark.

Edited by Luka
Grammar

20 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

We have vampire lore & I think it could be used as inspiration for any future werewolf lore.

These aren't traditional vampires either, you can't even call a Strigae a vampire tbh. We need lore for something we can confidently call Vampyrs. 

Thank you for submitting your piece! Unfortunately, this lore is hereby denied. The piece is overall lackluster in terms of going over their purpose/what they'd bring to the server aside from making strong and fast (potentially OP) creatures that go around eating meat. The thing that is huffed that turns someone into a werewolf also needs elaborating in terms of what it actually is.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.