Ragnio

Atlas Q&A Stream

0IKyXf2.png

Logo made by @TorkoalTom

“It’s time to turn on the PC! The stream is about to start!”

Due to the amount of questions that we received on our last Atlas-Newsposts the Media-Staff and the Administrators are happy to announce that we will hold a Twitch-Stream at the 9th of December! By holding this Stream we would like to answer some of your previously asked questions and some of the ones you post while we hold the stream. However, this doesn’t mean that we will answer all of the questions. Some questions will be ignored, due to us keeping them a secret until Atlas is being released, so that you guys can explore the world by yourself instead of being spoiled by us.

The stream will start at around 4pm EST and will go on for at least two hours, or even longer! While the stream goes on we will try to answer the questions made underneath this post and also those that are asked while the stream is live, summarizing them afterwards into a video for our YouTube-Channel. As such you can watch the summary of the stream afterwards and get your questions answered even while you weren't around for the actual stream!

The Lord of the Craft-Staff hope to see you around and feel free to post your questions below!

You can find the recorded stream on our Twitch-Channel, the link to the recorded video is: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208167216

1. What groups are considered 'nations' and will receive a plot at the start of the map?
  2. Will the whole map be freebuild or will some places other than nation tiles be protected?
  3. Is there going to be a transition event?
  4. Are charters going to be reworked and made easier to obtain? (at the same time limiting a player to be able to sign one charter only)
  5. Is there going to be an end-of-map Warzone? (you get in, one of two statuses is picked randomly for you, and you fight.)
  6. Is the Warclaim system going to be reworked while wars are turned off? (please do, 1 WC per week is far too slow)

More to be added in the future.

Edited by Salvo

How will build styles in free-build be handled, will their be a build style that needs to be upheld to prevent gross dirt hut style grief?

How will the economy work since admin shops aren't going to be on 6.0?

My questions:

- Which factions are going to get a nation tile?
- What is your long-term aim for Atlas and how long will the map be around.

- When you say a more 'classic styled nexus' what do you mean by it? Explain?

- Will vaulted RP items maintain their percentage and their enchantment?
- Will robbing be allowed even though raiding won't?
-  Will potions be readded? And if they are will they be greatly nerfed?

Edited by Arygon

(This is all one detailed question, please read all of it for the full contexts of what I am asking. Thank you.)

Will you keep admin shops gone permanently or do you plan on re-introducing them when the "Mina through voting and killing mobs" ends up drying out the economy? If you know some basic economics less money in the players pocket means they will just buy things less often, making it harder for trading between players.

Even some basic things returning such as selling items and building materials such as logs and pumpkins to the cloud temple for 0.1-0.3 mina would be a more reliable way to make money than voting every day and hunting for 'hunting plugin' mobs that drop at max (and rarely) between 30-40-50 mina. (Pretty sure only mimics drop between 40-50 as well.) On a server with a peak of 200-250 players every day, hunting mobs 
seems kind of silly if you expect players to make money through that and voting. It will be slim pickings especially for people that don't play 24-7 to hunt these mobs.

Some people might debate the excuse that "The could temple admin shops really are just an item sink for things that could be sold to players in exchange for money." when that argument is invalid as intelligent players with this new economy where it is harder to make money could just go get all of the raw materials themselves. Especially now that Nexus is gone it will make it 5x easier to gather these resources rather than buy them from other players. Everyone can gather resources now, everyone can craft, and nobody will want to spend what money they have on basic resources or something they could just go get themselves with their own grinders. 

Do you have other plans in store for players making money, as having just "Minas through voting and killing mobs." doesn't seem like viable ways to stimulate the economy.

I was told one of the main reasons we removed Admin shops/Nexus is due to the Mojang switch from java soon, and the fact we will have to change up some of our plugins or have them re-written completely.

I will 
be at the stream and I hopefully look forward to an answer to the economy fix.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully answer my question, if you read it entirely.

My questions are strictly in terms of regions and freebuild..which may or may not be a repeat of what others have said above me.

1. Will free land in the immediate vicinity outside a city be available on a first come, first serve basis during the first week on the server? I am saying this because if it is 100% freebuild, then there will be a "scramble for Africa" kind of situation for those who want to get the best form of land. I myself for instance, wish to find land and own it near a city for my own protection, since I can rp calling guards if it gets raided or if I spot someone else's place being raided, I can assist them with the help of city guards too. 

2. If there is or will be such a thing as claiming, then how will it work? Can I just take a 60 x 60 area of land (for example) outside a city off the side

of main road, make it superflat, then claim it for myself and build like a plot? Or do I just build stuff on it instead without telling anyone and it will somehow not be touched for the first week by other players?

3. How will the "wilderness" system work if there even is one implemented? Will it be a sort of "you are taking a risk living in a swath of forest, away from the safety of a city or a guild and the mercy of bandits and monsters?"

4. Will I be able to consult a city and perform some sort of rp/guild system where I can ally with them  for protection in exchange resources and maybe taxes or other form of upkeep? Sort of like local mafia protection money...but more legal and looks nicer on paper..

5. I've heard there will be GMs and a special GM team that will be constantly sweeping through the map to make sure it looks nice and clean while also encouraging all players to report any "undesirable structures" that make the environment look uglier. Could you expand on this if it be true?

2 minutes ago, Wolfdwg said:

Why is this stream during the WC?

might want to start it at 4:00 EST, people will miss the beginning for the wc

Please god let there be an end map warzone so i dont feel like all my gear is wasted :(

Whats Going on with the Wolves, will we be able to buy them from staff like how we do to get ocelot eggs?

will we be able to buy sheep?

Will Beginning Nations be able to get like 10 animals of each kind in the beginning or must they go out to find them?

May We Bring Stacks of wool over to next map ;-;

if there is freebuild, will there be a way to claim or private an area so other people cant grief it or steal from it?