[✗] Darasvira: Disciples of the Aspects' Hand

Kalehart

Let’s gooooooooo dragon lads

Totally don’t want to become a rebellious teenager on my child of Druids and fight with mom and dad…. Nope, definitely not….

making grinding through another dedicancy lookin a little more tempting

In all seriousness, this is a well-written post.

I will admit that I have not read it all (I'm sorry, Kale), but it seems incredibly unique and interesting. Judging from the comments surrounding this, I think a significant amount of people would prefer the lore to not be centered around dragons. Dragons in our own world have many different variations and I think that this can be explored with multiple groups, but I think seeing something more Fae-based would be unique to the server. I would love a fae subrace like this.

With all of that said, the lore looks great. All I hope is that the concerns being raised are taken to heart rather than just being responded to. Whatever comes of this, I will be excited to see where it goes. To keep with the trends and "cool kids", though:

Spoiler

ezgif-7-6ae2a7426167.gif

11 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

bro if azdrazi is striga and siliti is this it aint lookin good for drazi 

p.s. havent read the piece dont want to its too long and has too many spoilers

by this time next year the story team will speak in an entirely separate pidgin language of leetspeak, fantasy names that sound like herbal supplements, and cloying berserk/elden ring references

learning it (a torturous process involving sleepless nights of cramming, memorizing the distinction between a "toxposter" and a "philposter") will be the only way to have lore accepted. the hypixel roleplay server will be seeing record playercounts

1 minute ago, monkeypoacher said:

by this time next year the story team will speak in an entirely separate pidgin language of leetspeak, fantasy names that sound like herbal supplements, and cloying berserk/elden ring references

learning it (a torturous process involving sleepless nights of cramming) will be the only way to have lore accepted. the hypixel roleplay server will be seeing record playercounts

All I'm saying is Kale wrote the Herald lore and it's still around and thriving. 

Makes ya think. 

Just now, altiar1011 said:

All I'm saying is Kale wrote the Herald lore and it's still around and thriving. 

Makes ya think. 

this is a non-sequitur

14 minutes ago, TimberBuff said:

Heyo friendo, like I said in my last reply, this comes from a long accepted lore piece of the nature Dragaar, Taynei'Hiylun, who is an attuned druid. The hoarding aspect comes from the fact that they're dragonkin and made by a dragon. As for it not fitting with druids, if you read into it, it's actually very possible for this CA to introduce conflict within the existing druid playerbase due to a different set of ideals.

I read into it, and there seems like there is zero to no conflict possible from hoarding. Even if there was, it wouldn't make any sense in the slightest. "Oh, you have a dragonic mark? That's bad!" or "Oh you're hoarding too many books, Cringe!". It just doesn't make sense. The hoarding feature, while dragons are known for such, just doesn't make sense for a druidic person to have in any sense in the slightest. While yes I may be wrong in such, this is just what I'm thinking on such.

27 minutes ago, The Media Wizard said:

In all seriousness, this is a well-written post.

I will admit that I have not read it all (I'm sorry, Kale), but it seems incredibly unique and interesting. Judging from the comments surrounding this, I think a significant amount of people would prefer the lore to not be centered around dragons. Dragons in our own world have many different variations and I think that this can be explored with multiple groups, but I think seeing something more Fae-based would be unique to the server. I would love a fae subrace like this.

With all of that said, the lore looks great. All I hope is that the concerns being raised are taken to heart rather than just being responded to. Whatever comes of this, I will be excited to see where it goes. To keep with the trends and "cool kids", though:

Reveal hidden contents

ezgif-7-6ae2a7426167.gif

The thing is though Taynei is a very well established part of druidic lore. It makes sense that Taynei, of all of the druidic/fae people with the capability to do something like this, would be the one that would bring this into the realm. She has a constant track record of helping out the descendants and druids, and interacting with them- in both ancient and modern history. (Referring to the lore of taynei assisting the ancient wood elves, and of the more recent events of Taynei 'testing' the modern druids to see if they were worthy of being druids still. And with the bloodshed had during the trials, it makes sense as well that Taynei would want to help the newly proven druids.

Just now, VoidandNull said:

I read into it, and there seems like there is zero to no conflict possible from hoarding. Even if there was, it wouldn't make any sense in the slightest. "Oh, you have a dragonic mark? That's bad!" or "Oh you're hoarding too many books, Cringe!". It just doesn't make sense. The hoarding feature, while dragons are known for such, just doesn't make sense for a druidic person to have in any sense in the slightest. While yes I may be wrong in such, this is just what I'm thinking on such.

I think it really comes down to an individual character thing, but I see what you mean. Main real reason is "Dragons hoard", and isn't related to the druid aspect.

5 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

learning it (a torturous process involving sleepless nights of cramming, memorizing the distinction between a "toxposter" and a "philposter") will be the only way to have lore accepted. the hypixel roleplay server will be seeing record playercounts

its already incomprehensible
unknown.png

1 minute ago, NomadGaia said:

The thing is though Taynei is a very well established part of druidic lore. It makes sense that Taynei, of all of the druidic/fae people with the capability to do something like this, would be the one that would bring this into the realm. She has a constant track record of helping out the descendants and druids, and interacting with them- in both ancient and modern history. (Referring to the lore of taynei assisting the ancient wood elves, and of the more recent events of Taynei 'testing' the modern druids to see if they were worthy of being druids still. And with the bloodshed had during the trials, it makes sense as well that Taynei would want to help the newly proven druids.

I am not saying that there is not a reasonable amount of precedent for it. It does make sense and I can absolutely see why the route of dragonfolk was taken; however, I think the perception is as important as the meat of the concept. Why make more dragons when any other direction could be taken?

From the mouth of Michael Che: "I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but that never made sense to me because that's why they put covers on books in the first place."

2 minutes ago, TimberBuff said:

I think it really comes down to an individual character thing, but I see what you mean. Main real reason is "Dragons hoard", and isn't related to the druid aspect.

Exactly what I think is trying to be said. From my personal opinion, not everything but like any subrace of an elf or humans can become azdrazi so it would be more focused on the draconic aspect whereas this is more focused on druidism and aspectism where, I believe that would take over in their concepts and behavours. 

13 minutes ago, The Media Wizard said:

I am not saying that there is not a reasonable amount of precedent for it. It does make sense and I can absolutely see why the route of dragonfolk was taken; however, I think the perception is as important as the meat of the concept. Why make more dragons when any other direction could be taken?

From the mouth of Michael Che: "I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but that never made sense to me because that's why they put covers on books in the first place."

Other directions could be taken, yeah, that could be said about a lot of things.  To me, this is what makes the most amount of sense, rather than having some nameless new lord of the fae rise up suddenly to muck about with the descendant realm, or even the mani, who, while they have been established for many years. Mani have been notoriously hands off with the descendants. Taynei has, throughout history, had her hands in descendant affairs pertaining to the preservation of nature, and defending against that which threatens it, including Iblees, and has been in conflict with Azdromoth for a long time now. Why not try and even the playing field against him, and against all manner of world ending catastrophes that have occurred with increasing frequency over the years?

I'll make an additional point- that originality does not equal good. Just because they're dragons, shouldn't discount the amount of work that has been put into this piece, and it shouldn't deter one from considering the roleplay implications that could result of this piece being accepted. This is well written, created by passionate and hard working members of the community. 

1 minute ago, NomadGaia said:

Other directions could be taken, yeah, that could be said about a lot of things.  To me, this is what makes the most amount of sense, rather than having some nameless new lord of the fae rise up suddenly to muck about with the descendant realm, or even the mani, who, while they have been established for many years. Mani have been notoriously hands off with the descendants. Taynei has, throughout history, had her hands in descendant affairs pertaining to the preservation of nature, and defending against that which threatens it, including Iblees, and has been in conflict with Azdromoth for a long time now. Why not try and even the playing field against him, and against all manner of world ending catastrophes that have occurred with increasing frequency over the years?

As I said before, it absolutely makes sense. Reason and logic both point to the course that was taken. I also know, though, that some people are seeing this as an attempt to subvert or oppose an already established community. If a new subrace of creatures that could Wild Shape into animals appeared it would raise some eyebrows. The best of reasons does not negate the overall issue of doubling similar roleplay.

I am uncertain if this was written in cooperation with the Azdrazi lorekeepers, but I think it would be a huge benefit for this to be a cooperative piece if the intent was truly to create engaging roleplay between the two factions.

I won't say much about this, but I was just consulted for what how and why Taynei would do any of this and so I did so to the best of my abilities.

Notable, this is a two fold reaction from a immature entity who is far less powerful than Azdro, and has a leash on it by Aspect.

One is she doesn't like the way the druids act to one another or do their job. During the entire eventline earlier this year, she saw bickering, in fighting, threats. This isn't what she was taught they should be.

Two, jealousy. Azdro has Azdrazi/Nephilim, he may not care much but Taynei was unfortunately wrought up by elves and druids and in the Forest saw many family communities. It's raw jealousy.

The fact they seem dragonic is a non-issue, or at least, unintentional. In this, as and if it passed, the seeds were left to grant a separate option to the Duties than straight Druidism. It is a want for family, and it is also a combination of spite and reinforcement to the druids, and just spite to Azdro.

I can't say if this'll pass, and it doesn't effect me much if it does or doesn't. I just help when I'm asked, usually by getting high and spouting ideas.

But the core concept as I see it as the person who plays Taynei is, if she did this, she would do it cause she is a shithead. She wants a family, cannot have one. Druids were supposed to be one, the Order she saw was schismed, in fighting, harrassing one another, or doing nothing. So if this passes, this is just an alternative solution to getting the job done, and if it doesnt pass, then, at least it's a lovely example of how lore should be detailed and work as not just the lore piece, but the guide.

Cheers.