Ve Zvaerd i Jungingen | The Sword of Jungingen

Xarkly

Ve Zvaerd i Jungingen

THE SWORD OF JUNGINGEN

5e9584f51a0915edcef9c5b1fdd168bc.jpg

"You still do not understand, do you? If you are to be King, Young Feodor, you must value men of the mind equal to men of the sword. For without the mind, the sword has nothing to fight for." 

- Bogatyr Stanislaw Horselegs, Book of the Bogatyr

The Kongzem of Haense has always prided itself on its steel-willed endurance and militant culture, forged in the bitter flames of the Great Northern War and the Czena Wars, among many others, and thus the hallowed heroes of our Kongzem are often those who distinguished themselves on the battlefield. For generations now, however, wise Kings and fools alike have realized that true might is derived from strength of body and mind. It is thus fitting that the Kongzem endeavour to afford due recognition to those who nurture the mind of our Kongzem through works of art -- through the championing of culture, the articulation of new ideas, and the exhibition of Haeseni wit. 

In proper commemoration of these artists, the Sword of Jungingen competition is to be established as a contest that celebrates the great works of Haeseni writers and artists, and elect the greatest among them with the Sword of Jungingen itself, namesake of the competition.

Dietrich van Jungingen, Patron of the Award

This artistic award is dubbed in honour of Firr Dietrich van Jungingen as the premier Haeseni poet who achieved fame during the reign of King Sigismund II with works such as Sigismund's Kingdom and the Nation Awakes, the likes of which saw him admitted to the meritorious Order of Queen Maya and the Lily in 327 E.S. as a Kossar. In commemoration of the launching of the Sword of Jungingen award, a full compendium of his literary works was published, including poetic pieces that had gone unpublished since his death. It is fitting that the Sword of Jungingen will serve as a distinction to all who follow in his footsteps. 

Format of the Contest

The Blade of Jungingen competition will adhere to the below format:

I. Haeseni writers and artists nominate a piece of their artistic works to the judging panel. Deceased authors (for example, Viktor Kortrevich) can have their works nominated by their families.

I.I - Qualifying Works: Any artistic work can be submitted to the competition. This includes historical and fictional literature, poetry, music lyrics, cultural exhibitions, painting, and tailoring. Depending on the volume of submissions, there may be two categories of awards - art and literature. 

I.II - Judging Panel: The winner of the Sword of Jungingen will be determined by Queen Emma of Jerovitz and two of her courtiers, which will only be selected by the Queen after all works are received so as to ensure impartiality. The judges will determine the winner and runner-ups through scope of the words, cultural relevance, and quality.

II. Applicants will have a period of two Saint's weeks to submit their entries [until March 1st]. 

III. The Royal Court will sit in the year following the deadline, during which the winner of the Sword of Jungingen will be announced. 

Prizes

The winner of the competition will be awarded the namesake prize - the Sword of Jungingen itself; a master-crafted ceremonial blade to serve as a trophy for the winner - alongside an award of 1,000 mina, a statue constructed on the steps of the Nikirala Prikaz, overlooking the square of Karosgrad, and entry into the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily. The second-place runner-up will receive 500 mina and entry into the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily. The third-place runner up will receive 250 mina. 

OOC NOTE ON PARTICIPATION

Spoiler

The Sword of Jungingen is effectively a nobel-prize for the Haense community with a large prize pool awarded to writers, artists, musicians, and skinners. To participate, all you have to do is reply to this post with the following format:

Character:
Works:

For works, just link your submission. You can submit anything that qualifies as artwork - this includes fiction (i.e. creative writing), historical or archival literature (a historical post), art, skins, poems, or even music. As mentioned above, if there's a large amount of interest, there might be a seperate category for art & literature, which will be announced by the end of the submission period. It doesn't have to be a new work -- if you have a post or skin you've already done and are proud of, you can submit that. You're also free to make something new just for the contest, too. If your character made something cool but is dead, your family can submit it for you.

You have until March 1st to submit.

Contact Xarkly, Livrose, or Gus on Discord with any questions.

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Royal Majesty SIGISMUND III by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia and Vanaheim, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, and Toruv, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, Thurant, Venzia and Astfield, Lord of the Westfolk, Fidei Defensor, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera.

kaDgh42nmyxGXRDD8lCVrmgxdnwB1lVHGref026S6_SQGovVzrwPuxy4xX4okPmRvyMxNHeFBXnRWaf9p6hxBoKXGQ5YY5Xc1LUQvyseRLkJzy364TMWxcW6_rZiVJxZgvOskzNK=s0

The Arabian Elijah Keen would join his sultanite brothers at a grand roast to read the Haensetti missive. “Mashallah,” one would hear him say as he exited the banquet hall, on route to salvation.

Character: Sofiya Antonia vas Ruthern
Works: 

------------------------------------------

https://imgur.com/a/4q8nPg0
"The Siege of Southbridge" - A painting of Koeng Sigismund III overseeing the battlefield after the siege

------------------------------------------

https://imgur.com/a/gJPTUIx

Family Portrait, House Ruthern anno 395 E.S.

Character name: Gustaf Sigismund Morovar
Works: 

"Deryzcz" - A piece for string quartet meant to represent a last hope during times of war

Edited by Lokvank

Character: Viktor Kortrevich

Works:

My favorite studies I have written:

Spoiler

The studies I wrote and have kept updated for over two years (some use to exist on other accounts):

Spoiler

The newspaper I co-wrote and published from 1759 to 1822:

Spoiler

Edited by Zanthuz

Character: Rha'kir Morthawl

Works:

https://imgur.com/a/CFoz1zx

[!] It's not lotc related, but my most recent work. It's a painted portrait of the character Leshy from Inscryption

Character: Feodor May
Works:

Spoiler

CarrionBlackPoster.png

BSK_Rally_Poster.png

Character: Petra Enna

Works: 

((the character’s dead but i might as well submit lolol))

Character: Koenas Annika Anastasija Barbanov-Bihar, Countess of Reza

Significant & Personal Events:

Spoiler

Impactful Culture Studies:

Spoiler

Character: Elizaveta Ulyana Barbanov-Bihar

Works: 'BEING REALLY REAL', 414 E.S. (Artwork)