XXXVII Session of Royal Duma

XXXVII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

OFFICE OF THE ROYAL DUMA         

-Wd27_aZJ2W6y2kUs5RVJRJa_-Ywc5wRiUHoBQs1oKw1VjRzcLiOpL2cYUpFTHaB0wfTrLYYp_koag2b6gwL_mA3ZQTUG45dU6NcJp0vD9xL4c0j0BslJUqWii4zx41TOH5rekuV        

Issued and Confirmed by His Majesty King Sigismund III      

2nd of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 418 E.S.

The XXXVII Session of the Royal Duma is hereby called into session by His Majesty, King Sigismund III of Hanseti-Ruska and the Aulic Government. 

Members of the Royal Duma shall include:

1. Herzen Eirik Baruch @Gusano
  2. Herzen Rhys var Ruthern @Nolan_
  3. Herzen Johann Barclay @Frymark
  4. Komit Johann Ludovar @Raijen Stars
  5. Vikomit Nikolai Kortrevich @Phersades
  6. Bossir Elimar Mondblume-Luceafăru @Kujo
  7. Bossir Otto Morovar @Mio
  8. Bossir Filip Amador @Lomiei
  9. Royal Alderman Iulius Vernhart @tcs_tonsils_
  10.  Royal Alderwoman Isabel Baruch @sarahbarah
  11.  Grand Maer Samuel Starling @Tankplaysmc
  12.  Lord Palatine Eirik Baruch @Gusano

Upon the first sitting of the new session, the Lord Speaker shall select a Royal Inquisitor from amongst the members of the Royal Duma. Following this the members of the Royal Duma shall elect the Lord Handler amongst themselves in a vote overseen by the Lord Speaker.

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 417 SITTING

OF THE XXXVII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On the 4th of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 418 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume-Luceafăru

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Barclay

Grand Maer Starling

Maric var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 9th of Tov and Yermey 417 E.S session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. As vy can see- The Lord Speaker could niet be here. And, as vy have yet to elect a handler for this session, ea will oversee the duma today. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. The first order is to decide on a new handler for this session. Does anyone wish to put themselves forward?”

Johann Barclay: “I'd like to nominate the Firr Vernhart!”

Maric var Ruthern: “Firr Vernhart- are vy en agreement?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Indeed.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Dobry, then ef no one else wishes to offer a nomination, shall we proceed to the vote?”

Johann Barclay: “Ja ja, lets vote.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Ea remind vy that ef the vote does niet pass, et will be tabled to the next sitting.”

Iulius Vernhart’s Lord Handler Nomination of 417 E.S

By the Office of the Lord Speaker

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Representative Mondblume-Luceafăru

Representative Morovar

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

Iulius Vernhart’s Lord Handler Nomination of 417 E.S for the XXXVII Session has passed unanimously through the Royal Duma.

Maric var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the Crime of Kidnapping Bill, written by the Right Honourable Johann Ludovar. The chair now calls upon Komit Johann Ludovar to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Johann Ludovar: “So, as is written in the bill, during the rewrite of the Haurul Caezk the crime of kidnapping was left out. As the justiciar Ea meaself have faced already some cases related to such issues and Ea see the importance of it being seen as a crime of its own. That is it for the opening remarks.”

Johann Barclay: “Very simple, very nice. Motion to vote!”

Sofiya vas Ruthern: “Seconded.”

Anna Luceafăru: “I don't motion to vote, I've a question.”

Johann Ludovar: “Da?”

Anna Luceafăru: “I am in full support of this, of course and forgive me if I misunderstand this- but would we not be required to detail the punishments fitting for this crime?”

Iulius Vernhart: “As it stands right now, the punishments are up to the Jovenaar in charge of the case. They shall punish as they deem fit.”

Johann Ludovar: “Well, punishments were already detailed in a bill from a year or two ago. But in general we do niet list legal consequences and every verdict one may give.”

Eirik Baruch: “We do not list punishments for any of the crimes, Bossiras.”

Anna Luceafăru: “If that is the case, then I trust the judgement of the kingdom's Jovenaar's.”

Johann Barclay: “Great! Motion to vote now.”

Anna Luceafăru: “I motion for a vote.”

Eirik Baruch: “Seconded!”

Johann Ludovar: “Spasibo for vyr trust. We will do our best to live up to it.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Then we motion to vote.”

The Crime of Kidnapping Bill of 417 E.S

By the Right Honourable Johann Ludovar

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Representative Morovar

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

The Crime of Kidnapping Bill of 417 E.S has passed unanimously through the Royal Duma.

Maric var Ruthern: “Now- Firr Vernhart. Ea believe there was something vy wished to discuss informally?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ah… da.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Go ahead.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea wished to bring up the topic of an academic reform for Hanseti-Ruska. Lord Nikolai and Ea have discussed the matter in some detail and we believe the right course of action would be to introduce some type of academy so that children can gain understanding and knowledge.”

Johann Barclay: “I don't think any of the previous academies have been successful or long-lasting, but you could simply have the Crown search and appoint another headmaster - or just send your kids to act as wards, that's education enough.”

Iulius Vernhart: “This academy would host a variety of core classes… as well as a variety of higher education classes for those who wish to immerse themselves in scholarship. For now, this am in the works… but ea would like to bring it up for all of vy to give thoughts.”

Johann Ludovar: “Well, Ea believe it is just like wardship. It all depends on the children and tutors who will be willing to study and teach.”

Johann Barclay: “If a child wants to learn statecraft, have them ward under the Palatine. If a child wishes to learn justice and law, have them ward under the Justiciar, etcetera. Wardship is exactly the same, done easier.”

Anna Luceafăru: “I am more in favor of the respectable Houses and Courtly figures in taking in wards, than pushing for a mass education. It's been proven time and time again that these academies do not last; afterall, the best way to learn of our world and history is by experiencing it. There is much to learn from books, but a page and lector do not show us the way of life and how our world is.”

Nikolai Kortrevich: “If ea may, real quick.. Personally ea do niet think that wardship is the only way to do.. There are plenty of things for the children as well as already educated, or uneducated adults alike to learn.”

Johann Barclay: “We have a comprehensive library, we have positions under each office that makes you need to learn that which you're interested about. As said by the Lady Luce.. Ehm, Luceafreu - or something of the likes - academies do not last. They work for a few saint's weeks, and that's that.”

Johann Ludovar: “Well, Ea do niet see any reason niet to give it a try if tutors are willing to try and set some classes, but as mea fellow peers here yam niet optimistic.”

Nikolai Kortrevich: “Ea have found that these academies do niet last because I find a lack of outreach to others.. Mea mamej vas a historian but in the time that education was niet pushed out to others, it died before her children, eam and mea sestras, came of age to join in under the academy. Ea would find that trying to expand what is tought would give more points of interest to the academy if kept up well. Especially to pull in the interest of more common folk.”

Anastasya Baruch: “Our wardship program runs well, and has been successful in educating our youth thus far. I do niet see the need for change.”

Johann Barclay: “They do not last because there are no people to make them last, Lord Kortrevich.”

Anna Luceafăru: “A project is currently underway in my family's castle of Woldzmir, my collection of books from one of Almaris' greatest libraries is currently being sorted. I intended to work with my fellow peers in welcoming them into our archives for guidance and advice over history. And it is pronounced loo chea fairoo.”

Johann Barclay: “Loo chea fairoo. Loo - chea - fairoo. Danke, ich think ich got it.”

Johann Ludovar: “Well, let's give them a chance. What do we have to lose?”

Anna Luceafăru: “Resources, money. Effort which could be placed in more long-lasting projects.”

Johann Barclay: “Time, resources, money, manpower, lifepower… If you want, I'd say you can start looking for a Headmaster. That's all.”

Johann Ludovar: “Do vy require from our Kongzem any of these?”

Johann Barclay: “If that fails - as it likely will - then not really much of anything is lost. If it doesn't, then you can start thinking about it more and bring it up to the Duma.”

Anna Luceafăru: “I am much more in favor of the assigning of wards; I've had quite a few in time, either personally taken in or assigned to me back in my days in the Empire. All children have grown up to be capable people, seeking their own ways in life.”

Johann Barclay: “But for now, it seems like the consensus is that we have a working system with wards, and academies have never properly succeeded.”

Nikolai Kortrevich: “Ea could see that by offering a wider variety of taught classes that more people would be interested in helping lift the academy rather than just offering.. Basic history, medicine, and law..- En personally? Nie.. Money can be raised through other efforts and manpower will be debated.. But, Firr Iulius? Vyr thoughts?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea much appreaciate vyr input. There am indeed nie doubt that an academy am a difficult thing to continue… However, those who are passionate, yam sure they will come. Nothing am needed. Yam currently paying for the building… and classes would just continue as if they were private tutoring classes.”

Johann Barclay: “… Paying for the building? Why? We have a building, don't we?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Nie. The academy vas converted to a orphange a while back.”

Anna Luceafăru: “Really, all of those fields you've listed are currently employed and and utilized around the city and courts. Seeking out the figureheads of these departments for wardships would be much more efficient.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Ea find we are talking en circles.”

Johann Barclay: “I agree with the Lady Loo chea fairoo.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Es there anyone vy have en mind who might oversee this new academy- anyone to teach there?”

Johann Barclay: “We have those classes. If you want to push them up more, start advertising wardship more.”

Nikolai Kortrevich: “Those fields listed were the original courses offered, mea point es that there should be and will be more- Niet just the three that can be taught through the wardship program, but ai, circles.”

Johann Barclay: “What more, Lord Kortrevich?”

Maric var Ruthern: “Ef vy wish to put forward a bill for the next sitting, vy are of course welcome to do so.”

Johann Barclay: “Have a headmaster and teachers set up, might bring more success to it.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea have been looking, da. Spasiba.:.”

Maric var Ruthern: “A dobry suggestion. Now- ef no one has anything they wish to bring up?”

Nikolai Kortrevich: “Well, There es culture that can be taught, languages, medicine es wider than what is taught to become a physician.. Therapy en fenn, non herbal treatment, research, experimentation. There is smithing, and all the rest, Lord Johann. Ea think that if  ve offer more to be taught than we could also welcome more into our city, and more to the children and those wishing for higher education- But aye, a bill will be written up for the next sitting, Spasiba.”

Johann Barclay: “The only one of those we do not have in one form or another, when including the Queen's Council and NGS is therapy. And that I agree with. We need therapy. Or marriage counseling! Both would be nice.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Duma dismissed.”

The Haeseni Academy Discussion of 417 E.S

By Firr Iulius Vernhart

NOTE

It was resolved that those wishing to institute a Haeseni academy once more are free to do so of their own accord until such a time that it proves successful enough to warrant Crown approval and investiture.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 418 SITTING

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

On the 5th of Tov ag Yermey, 418 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Grand Maer Starling

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov ag Yermey 418 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now call to order. Quorum has been achieved. We will now be discussing the Magic Clarification Bill of 418 E.S, written by Lady Erika Barclay. The chair now calls upon Representative Barclay to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Erika Barclay: “As du all know magic is nicht at all mentioned in our Haurul Caezk, and seeing as we have citizens that are mages and sometimes have to deal with foreigners with magic, Either gutte or bad, Ich decided to draft up a bill using the research on magic given to me by Lord Friedrich Barclay, on what the legality of such is. It is after all the advice to the crown to use it, but to also change it on what His Majesty sees fit on what he wants to be legal or nicht of the following magics listed.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Johann Ludovar: “Honestly, Excuse me for the bluntness lady Erika but most of this bill is useless. Vy do niet need to add laws that state something is niet illegal. If the law does niet say it is illegal then it is niet. The only thing that might matter is the last part that needs to be rephrased to fit the Jura I Kirma.”

Eirik Baruch: “Hello. Hi. These clarifications add absolutely nothing to the law code, this bill operates on the basis that something is not inherently legal, which is not how our law system operates. Additionally, using magic to harm anyone is also illegal. Assault is assault, no matter the way you assault someone. Everything this bill adds, or at least attempts to, is more or less covered in entirety by the rest of the law code.”

Erika Barclay: “It is to discredit witch hunts after those that practice magic, as there have been cases where there have been those that claimed others to be witches and harm them merely for being a voidal magic. And recently there was almost a call for a witch hunt onto the Lady Isabel.”

Eirik Baruch: “That had nothing to do with magic, Lady Erika. Please do not assume to know more about situations regarding my daughter than I.”

Erika Barclay: “Yet it can cause those that practice magic to become uncertain if they will be safe in our kingdom, Lord Palatine”

Johann Ludovar: “This also has niething to do with the law, Ea held nie court based on an accusation of using magic without it being assault.”

Eirik Baruch: “Anyone who fails to feel safe because my niece attempted to create a rumor about my daughter, them being children, is a moron. And clearly is unable to read or understand basic principles of our law.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “My mama practices magic and she is perfectly safe, I believe.”

Erika Barclay: “Very well, then what about writing up that only the dark magics will be illegal? And void the rest of it being written in?”

Iulius Vernhart: “If one deals with magic within the already set limitations of the law, then I see no reason to restrict it. As stated by Lord Johann and Lord Eirik, the bill adds nothing to the already set law.”

Eirik Baruch: “Dark magic would already be illegal.”

Erika Barclay: “Except it is nicht written Lord Palatine, as it should be”

Eirik Baruch: “You do not believe that dark magic could not possibly fall into any other written law?”

Johann Ludovar: “Is it niet included under going against the teaching of the church?”

Eirik Baruch: “It certainly should be, High Justiciar.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “If it is alright, my mother [referring to Anna Luceafăru] can take my place as she knows much more on the topic than I.”

Joren var Ruthern: “I do believe, I do declare. We should niet add something to our lawcode, if it is already there. I have no will for my hands to get tired as I carry about the lawcode.”

Eirik Baruch: “I also assume that most dark mages end up committing murder. Seems in their nature.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Vy know what happens when vy assume, Herzen Baruch. Vy make an ass out of vy and me.”

Erika Barclay: “It could, but it could also be argued against that the laws will end up stretched too thin” she said “What harm will it do to simply clarify properly that dark magic is indeed illegal?”

Anna Luceafăru: “Might I ask- what is defined as a dark magic in the lawbook?”

Erika Barclay: “Nothing, there is nein mention of it at all”

Eirik Baruch: “We have, as there is no reason to, defined any sort of magic.”

Anna Luceafăru: “So it is up to interpretation?”

Eirik Baruch: “No.”

Erika Barclay: “Exactly Moliana, and Ich wish to clarify”

Eirik Baruch: “There's no law making it illegal. Hence there's no need to interpret… You're not prosecuted for being a dark mage, you're prosecuted for being a murderer, a heretic, etc.”

Anna Luceafăru: “Yet a man could easily describe the powers of the void to be dark magic, given that the usage of spells thin our veil - and brought the danger of the void plagued lands. Just as a voidal mage could be wicked with their spells, they can help.”

Eirik Baruch: “You fail to understand that there is nothing illegal about any sort of magic. It is what you use it for that is illegal.”

Anna Luceafăru: “Do we make swords illegal in the kingdom? No, because they are tools. It's about how it is used - the same goes for magics and alchemy.”

Erika Barclay: “A simple clarifications in our lawbook on what dark magic is and it being illegal will make sure there will be nein witch hunt against voidal magics or those practicing mundane magics”

Johann Ludovar: “Lady Erika, if there is a witch hunt for someone who did nie wrong that is where mea office and the BSK need to step in and bring judgement to those who wrongfully threatened a citizen's safety.”

Erika Barclay: “Lord Johann, Ich am speaking of in the future”

Anna Luceafăru: “Although I am in support of the idea of this bill, I do not think we should pass this bill. I am all for making clarifications, yet not in this manner.”

Johann Ludovar: “In the future it will still be our role.”

Erika Barclay: “Ich proposed to remove all of the other parts except that of the dark magic bit, Lady Moliana”

Anna Luceafăru: “I would encourage you to work with me and the Court Magi in writing a second draft instead.”

Erika Barclay: “Ich would be honoured and enjoy such, if the rest do nicht agree with the bill to pass with the ammendmends Ich suggested”

Eirik Baruch: “I would like it tabled so the trio can collaborate.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Second.”

Anna Luceafăru: “Third-ed. . Third- I also agree.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “As the presenter has withdrawn the Bill to be further amended, further debate and a vote is nie longer needed.”

NOTE

It is resolved that the Magic Clarification Bill of 418 is tabled for later discussion, in the meantime being edited by Lady Erika Barclay and the court magi.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Now, does any member of the chamber have anything else to bring up at this sitting?”

Eirik Baruch: “If anyone has anything to say, I will suspend Duma.” [Silence in the Duma hall] “Okay, good.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Nie. Alright then, before vy are dismissed, does anyone wish to propose any Aulic Councilors they wish to have appear before the Duma to answer questions next sitting?”

Eirik Baruch: “Oh! Oh! Someone should summon the Treasurer.”

Anastasya Baruch: “NIE THEY SHOULD NIET.”

Erika Barclay: “D-du are calling on dein own wife?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I will ask this at the end of every Duma now to replace the job of the Royal Inquisitor, which has proven to be a defunct position.”

Johann Ludovar: “Treasurer, why when Ea try to convert mea krawns at the bank the banker tells me there is nie mina?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “If there is nie seconds for the Justiciar, I will arrange for the Treasurer to appear should she be available.”

Anna Luceafăru: “I second the summoning of the treasurer!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “If there is nie seconds for the Justiciar, I will arrange for the Treasurer to appear should she be available.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 419 SITTING

On the 12th of Msitza ag Dargund, 419 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart (presiding)

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Lord Palatine

IN ABSENTIA

Vikomit Kortrevich

Grand Maer Starling

Iulius Vernhart: “Alright, everyone. Let us begin. Please take vyr seats and answer when vyr name es called. Lord Amador, do vy wish to speak?”

Filip Amador: “Ea believe if vy are going to preside in place of the Lord Speaker for this session, vy have to pick a representative, nie? Ag, ea believe ve Black Bulava must be here in order for a sitting of Duma to be recognized as legitimate, would his ward possibly have access to ve Lord Speaker's office to retrieve it?”

Maric var Ruthern: “Et's on the table.”

Eirik Baruch: “Elected officials are nae entitled t' representatives under any circumstances.”

Johann Ludovar: “An Alderman does niet have the right to pick a representative.”

Isabel Baruch: “Laird Amador, elected officials are nae allowed t' have representatives, Ah believe -- aye.”

Konstanz Barclay: “The seat can remain absent.”

Filip Amador: “Ah. Ea see. Okay then nie more interruptions from me, then.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Mea seat remains absent as yam active as Lord Speaker, now. Quorum has been achieved, let us move on. We will now be discussing the Vassal Land Navigation Bill, written by Filip Amador. The chair now calls upon Lord Amador to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Filip Amador: “lords ag ladies, peers of ve realm. This bill es simple. Ve roads ag signs are outdated. They should be updated. Da?” The man would turn and go back to his seat.

Iulius Vernhart: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Isabel Baruch: “Sounds cool! Ah motion t' vote!”

Filip Amador: “Ea second!”

Eirik Baruch: “I think I know the perfect guy to carry out this work… Konstanz Barclay has powers that means he can place signs anywhere! Certainly, he is most fit to do this.”

Konstanz Barclay: “It's one of mein gifts!”

Filip Amador: “Ag what powers would those be, Lord Palatine?”

Johann Ludovar: “Ea do niet think this really needs a bill? Someone just go and do it.”

Anna Luceafăru: “Will power.”

Eirik Baruch: “Will power, ai. And mod pex.”

Markus Morovar: “Konstanz also is the sexiest guy to carry out this work. Newly single, ladies and gentlemen!”

Filip Amador: “Do his powers include granting similar powers to ve volunteers that sign up to ve committee?”

Eirik Baruch: “He could give them region perms, I suppose. But I think he could do it relatively quickly himself.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Only if Ich get permission to do so, but if Ich do, then ja!”

Anna Luceafăru: “I do not think it counted as a Bill, but advice and seeking permission from the Crown to go about this business in the countryside. Should there be potholes to hill, the finest gravel in all the land can be found in Du Loc. Fill, not hill. Silly me.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Tax-free as well!”

Eirik Baruch: “Wonderful, this!”

Filip Amador: “Ea RE-motion to vote, then.”

Sofiya vas Ruthern: “Seconded.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Since voting has already been seconded - twice now - we shall move to vote.”

Johann Ludovar: “Do we really need a vote for this….? Just someone fix the signs.”

Markus Morovar: “Everyone votes Da! Next bill!”

Anna Luceafăru: “Not every Duma is to deal with dramatic changes in the government.”

Vassal Land Navigation Bill of 419 E.S

By Lord Filip Amador

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Representative Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Representative Lord Palatine

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Vikomit Kortrevich

Grand Maer Starling

The Vassal Land Navigation Bill of 419 E.S has passed unanimously through the Royal Duma.

Iulius Vernhart: “We will now be discussing the Animal Rehabilitation Bill, written by Royal Alderwoman Baruch. The chair now calls upon Lady Baruch to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Isabel Baruch: “Eja, folks! Alrigh', so - the bill's simple. As ye all know, Haense has seen some -- fascinating creatures over the years, notably th' pandas residin' in the barracks an' th' elephant tha' Koeng Sigismund owns. With this bill, Ah propose tha' we construct a suitable habitat fer these animals to reside within Karosgrad. I' will serve as both a proper habitat fer these animals and a display o' sorts fer people t' visit. Aye, dragons - epic. Anyways, tha' is all.”

Iulius Vernhart: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Please for the love of Godan just get the ******* pandas ein vet, they've been sick for who knows how long.”

Markus Morovar: “It's got to be animal abuse what we've been doing to those poor pandas.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Truly! Hardly any space in their pen with all the bamboo.”

Isabel Baruch: “Aye, tha' is why they need a proper space t' reside in!”

Johann Ludovar: “Sounds good to me. Ea motion for vote.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Seconded!”

Unknown: “Who will pay for the construction of the new habitat of these animals will be the taxpayers, I suppose. I vote against using our money to make animals comfortable.”

Isabel Baruch: “The Koenas Council will be fundin' the project, Firr.”

Markus Morovar: “Wooo! We love the Koenas Council!”

Isabel Baruch: “Her Majesty has provided suppor'.”

Iulius Vernhart: “So motion to vote has been heard.

Animal Rehabilitation Bill of 419 E.S

By the Honourable, Royal Alderwoman Isabel Baruch

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Representative Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Vikomit Kortrevich

Grand Maer Starling

The Animal Rehabilitation Bill of 419 E.S has passed unanimously through the Royal Duma.

Anna Luceafăru: “Might I make a final comment?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Go ahead.”

Anna Luceafăru: “To help prepare the vegetation for the animals, I can supply some alchemical brews to give the soil powerful nurturing properties.”

Isabel Baruch: “Tha' would be amazin'!”

Iulius Vernhart: “Spasiba, Lady Moliana. Now, does anyone else have something they would like to share before ea dismiss this session? Duma Dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 420 SITTING

On the 9th of Vyzmey ag Hynk, 420 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

N/A

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 11th of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 420 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will firstly be discussing the nominations of Adele Ludovar and then Matyas Barbanov-Bihar for Jovenaar.”

Adele Ludovar: “Oh, right, that's me-.”

Eirik Baruch: “Oh ****.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Firstly, Adele Ludovar. Do vy wish to make an opening statement and answer questions - should there be any?”

Adele Ludovar: “Da, spasiba Lord Speaker.”

-The Lord Palatine makes a hasty departure to the bathroom-

Adele Ludovar: “Ea have always observed mea papej in his work from a very young age.” She begins, “He has served our glorious Kongzem for many years as its High Justiciar and in recent years it has become traditional for a member of our family to become a practicing Jovenaar. Ea have studied the Haurul Caezk for many years at this point and yam fully devoted to maintaining justice. Our long family history of both Military and Judicial excellence reinforces mea drive to do dobry by mea family. Spasiba. Are there any questions, Duma members?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated questioning.”

Isabel Baruch: “Laidy Ludovar! Wha' d' ye wish t' achieve as a Jovenaar?”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea wish to maintain the standard of justice that has been set in this Kongzem by mea Papej's work.” She says quite simply, “However, ea believe it can still be built on by the current and studying Justiciar's office through studies and more dobry work. For example, ea look at the Prosecutor study and guide which the High Justiciar publish only a few days ago.”

Filip Amador: “Ve lord Johann Ludovar seems to have been dur predecessor in a lot of ways, da?” -+- “Certainly, being raised under his tutelage will have brought to vy lots of dobry lessons. What, of these, would vy say ist ve most impactful lesson he has taught vy?”

Adele Ludovar: “Literally, da. He has taught me a great many things, everything ea know in this world in fact. But the most important thing that ea have learnt would be that Justice is important to a great many people. And Justice must be carried out lest chaos break out. And similarly, a Jovenaar must be incorruptible in their ways which is why we would niet assign a Jovenaar to a trial they are biased in, for example.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lady Adele, oftentimes dealing with particularly difficult cases can leave one unsure in their decision - perhaps in the consequences that they have to sentence. How are vy prepared to deal with such disturbing cases and keep a level head in sentencing?”

Adele Ludovar: “Well, the Haurul Caezk leads us here. It tells vy what punishments may a Jovenaar issue, but those are specific to criminal cases of course. Mea papej has always encouraged creativity in his office. For example, rather than imprisoning a wrongdoer vy may assign them to someone who could help them change their ways. In that way we try to rehabilitate people. However, it is important to look at the facts of a case before vy and to niet feel swayed one way or the other. Disturbing facts are still facts, and nie matter how gruesome or uncomfortable they may make vy, vy must look objectively at both arguments.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Well put.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Nie more questions. We will now proceed to a vote on the nomination of Adele Ludovar for Jovenaar.”

Adele Ludovar’s Nomination for Jovenaar

By the Office of the Justiciar

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Representative Kortrevich

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

ABSTAIN

Representative Ludovar

ABSENT

Grand Maer Starling

The nomination of Adele Ludovar for Jovenaar has been accepted by the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Next we have the nomination of Matyas Barbanov-Bihar for Jovenaar. Do vy wish to make an opening statement and answer questions, Lord Matyas?”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “Ai. Would be my pleasure to.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Go ahead, Lord Matyas.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “I've been studying as a Justiciar's Ward under the High Justiciar for some… Eight years now, I think.” He bobbed his head, “Throughout this time I have learned much about the laws of our Kingdom, as well as the morals and ethics which they are to uphold. I would hope that the Royal Duma be supportive of my nomination. I'll uh… Take questions now, I suppose.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated questioning.”

Matyas Baruch: “Laird Alban, wha' are yer thoughts on Haeseni tort law?”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “Tort is technically not added in our lawcode as of current, though it most likely should be. As of now, it would only exist through precedents from past rulings. I studied Kaldenic law for a while, their tort law is extensive.”

Matyas Baruch: “Wha' a mind, Ah'm sure yer experience will help the Kongzem tae flesh tha' out better. Ah've no more questions.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Anymore questions?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lord Alban, how would vy deal with a domestic dispute having to deal with the accidental killing of a young lamb? Eh… lets name him… sooty.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “What are the circumstance of the lamb being killed accidentally? It would likely fall down to the behaviour of both the owner and the killer of the lamb, to see if they'd both acted in… Accordance to basic honour, and all such.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Dobry, ea have niething else to add.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “It would come up to the decision of who is at fault of the accident. If the owner did not take precautions to protect his sheep, or if the man who accidentally killed the lamb acted in a negligent or purposeful way. Anyhow.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Anymore questions? We will proceed to the vote then on the nomination of Matyas Barbanov-Bihar for Jovenaar.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “Lord Speaker - I have a question for Lord Alban before I give my vote.”, The young Luceafaru said.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Oh for fu- Go ahead.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “How would you deal with extreme emotional abuse in a domestic environment between two individuals, one of them being on the upper class, the other on a lower class. I'd like it if you elaborated on both probabilities of one of them initiating such an abuse.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “Are they married?”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Lord Ruthern. Get a move on with this. We called this Duma with reason. The man should simply interpret the law, nothing else.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Wise words from the Prinzen….”

-Viorel Luceafăru responds to Matyas Barbanov-Bihar-

Viorel Luceafăru: “They aren't.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar: “If the abuse comes under any of the criminal laws, they should be tried and punished. Class is irrelevant. Can we move on, now? I agree with my cousin.”

Matyas Barbanov-Bihar’s Nomination for Jovenaar

By the Office of the Justiciar

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

Representative Ludovar

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSENT

N/A

The nomination of Matyas Barbanov-Bihar for Jovenaar has been accepted unanimously by the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the Royal Alderwoman Baruch's letter to the Royal Duma. It is in reference to the family feud between House Ruthern and House Barclay. As I am the Duke of Vidaus, I ask the Lord Handler to take my seat while this topic is in discussion to avoid bias.”

-Iulius Vernhart takes the seat of the Lord Speaker. Rhys var Ruthern joins the chamber-

Iulius Vernhart: “Now. First question that needs to be answered. Given the circumstances of this feud, should an individual holding an Aulic position be required to remain neutral in a state of conflict such as this to uphold fairness within the government?”

-The Lord Palatine returns from his lengthy trip-

Konstanz Barclay: “Does this include members of the families in question who hold Aulic positions?”

Isabel Baruch: “Aye, Laird Barclay. Any individual who holds an Aulic position is t' be considered in this scenario.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Spasiba for clarifying, now, the floor am open.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Ea shall like to respond to this question, should it please the Duma.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Da, please issue vyr thoughts.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Then nein. Any member of ein family in ein feud has ein right to participate und give their piece, regardless of position. Und due to the precedent that those in Ducal positions are almost guaranteed Aulic spots befitting their skills, this immediately prevents them from engaging in any feud involving the house they lead.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “As the Barclay said, Patriarchs and ea suppose Matriarchs, are expected to serve on His Majesty’s council. This is especially so for the Ducal peers. It is tradition. If one is challenged or his honour questioned, being a councillor should niet impede him from defending himself. This is, of course, as long as said councillor does niet abuse his position.”

Isabel Baruch: “Laird Handler, is the debate moderated or unmoderated?” Isabel inquired as she listened to the barrage of statements.

Iulius Vernhart: “Unmoderated, just keep it civilized as always.”

Isabel Baruch: “Alrigh', thank ye!”

Eirik Baruch: “Why not have these Aulic Councillors temporarily rescind their duties for the duration of the feud? Either to a capable candidate within their department, or to the Crown, what makes the most sense in the situation. It would be unjust to disallow them from partaking in their feud, but their duties as Aulic Councillors may well be temporarily tended to by others.”

Adele Ludovar: “That sounds logical to me,”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I have nie qualms with that, though the question has to be raised: Could some offices, such as the Marshal's, go without a Councillor for an extended period?”

Eirik Baruch: “If the Marshal has created a competent office core, aye.”

Isabel Baruch: “How would we police an' ensure tha' these councillors are nae abusin' their powers an' positions in the case o' a feud such as this? O' course, ah'm nae insinuatin' tha' either o' these folks are, bu' in future cases, perhaps.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We have settled on a duel in relatively quick time, but should a family feud happen again that is drawn out.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “If. It should niet be left to chance.”

Eirik Baruch: “What I mean, Mikhail, is that if the Lord Marshal has not a competent officer core, then that is a failure of his duties as a whole.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Is there a man capable of taking up the position now?”

Konstanz Barclay: “What if the Palatine ist to be involved in ein feud? Who should take their position while they deal with such? It ist ein gamble to do so with such ein important position.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Da, once again ea agree with the Barclay.”

Isabel Baruch: “Deputy Palatine, ah'd wager -- if they have one, perhaps.”

Eirik Baruch: “Konstanz, the powers should default to the Crown itself where there aren't capable individuals.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I do niet think having the Brotherhood suffer is a dobry idea, even in a hypothetical, but I feel for the meantime we agree on the suggestion in this case and point. Shall we move on?”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea would also ask, at which point shall the Aulic Councillor rescind their duties? Or should that point be decided by the Crown. We never know whether a potential feud may be resolved through more diplomatic means.”

Konstanz Barclay: “The point of the Palatine in essence ist to reduce the responsibilities of the Crown. Giving such responsibilities back for ein time would surely be too much for one man, even the King.”

Eirik Baruch: “Then the Palatial Department has enough people in it that I would entrust to temporarily tend to the duties. I have faith in the people that work under me, as should the next Palatine.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “As should, vy canniet speak for the future. Perhaps we have an incompetent officer core, or palatial office… Then the position will be filled by an idiot. This is niet dobry.”

Eirik Baruch: “You seem to have extremely little faith in yourself and your generation, Baron Rostig.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich agree with Lord Ruthern.”

Eirik Baruch: “Do you consider yourselves inept?”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah'd certainly hope nae!”

Matyas Baruch: “In the case we were tae force Lairds tae give up Aulic positions fer the duration of a feud, what's tae prevent some ill-wisher from declarin' a feud on purely vexatious grounds?”

Samuel Starling: “So long as they remain impartial I see no reason to keep them from their hard earned positions, even temporarily.”

Konstanz Barclay: “We do nicht speak of ein particular generation, rather the possibility of such occuring.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “There are fools in every generation. Ea believe every councillor to ever lives thinks themselves and their underlings competent.”

Isabel Baruch: “The reason why ah ask in the first place is because, well, ye know - the possibility o' an abuse o' power t' occur. But - if ye all wish t' move on, ah'd be happy t' oblige, seein' as ah've got more questions.”

Samuel Starling: “I'm sure if such abuse occurs other members will call it out in Duma when it happens.”

Konstanz Barclay: “If ein abuse of power were to happen, the Councillor should be removed on that basis. Nicht because of ein feud.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “For this case, I feel it is fine to move on as the duel is scheduled for next Saint's day. In future, if another issue such as this arises perhaps more discussion is needed. For the meantime, we can move on.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Silence en the Gallery, please. Am there a second to move to the next topic?”

Isabel Baruch: “Righ'! Thank ye very much, folks.”

Samuel Starling: “Second.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “Duties to the crown come first - as per the oath. Straining the crown and the people over family feuds should be unacceptable. Every man is responsible for his actions. I propose to avoid complications, that those in such positions should be completely replaced under such circumstances.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea third that.”

NOTE

It is resolved that further discussion is needed on the matter of Aulic Councillors being involved in family feuds and whether they should be allowed to retain their seat whilst said feud is active in future cases.

Iulius Vernhart: “Alright, moving on. Likewise, does the Duma deem it just that family members from other nations, particularly enemy nations in this instance, are recruited to join such a duel?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich wish to respond the Lord Viorel's words first if Ich may.”

Samuel Starling: “It is of my opinion that such may cause a diplomatic- Very well.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Once the Barclay is finished ea wish to speak on the matter, is it is the House of Ruthern vy seem to be questioning.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Eh… Ea will allow it, Lord Konstanz, but afterwards, we will move on.”

Konstanz Barclay: “The idea that ein man or woman should be removed from ein position because of ein feud caused by someone else ist ridiculous. Should ein man be forced to retire because his distant cousin called someone else ein *****? Do nicht judge the son for the sins of the vater, as mein family says.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “May I respond to that?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “And yet, vyr papej is the one who started a family feud on the words of an individual. A fifteen year old individual.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich do nicht speak for mein vater, his words are his own, much like everyone else. Ich simply stand by mein family in this situation.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Enough. If we wish to return to the topic, shall we hear a motion?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Und ein fifteen year old, ja, but ein heir at that, who should know better.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “He should have known better, da. As vyr papej should have known better than to start a family feud over such a matter. If the House of Barclay had said niet to bring House Ruthern's Orenian cousins, I would niet. Similarly, they would have to niet bring their Freimarkish rabble.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lord Rhys, we are moving on.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “As vy wish.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Does the Duma deem it just that family members from other nations, particularly enemy nations in this instance, are recruited to join such a duel?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Ea shall answer again, if vy would be so kind.”

Iulius Vernhart: “We will continue with unmoderated debate.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “What part of the letter are we addressing currently? Section two or three?”

Isabel Baruch: “The second question, Yer Grace.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Two.”

Konstanz Barclay: “It should nicht be House Ruthern's move in the first place to involve the servants of ein enemy, much less ein excommunicated one. The men of Freimark are our allies in this war, yet also we did nicht mention bringing them into this. This ist ein situation between the Haeseni House of Ruthern und the Haeseni House of Barclay. Nein one else.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “As mea papej said, vy Barclays permitted our Imperial cousins to partake in this feud. The opinion of the Duma does niet seem relevant when both parties agree.” 

Samuel Starling: “Aye, as I was going to say. We've had diplomatic instances a plenty already. Casus Belis made off the slightest of grievances. To allow foreigners to duel our people, even if family, may allow for such a casus to form.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “It is niet a ‘foreign,’ intervention into a Haeseni affair. It is a Ruthern ‘intervention,’ in a Ruthern affair. Niething about this feud involves our loyalties to the Koeng or the Anathema. Why vy insist on framing it as such is beyond eam. Our family has been challenged and we rise to meet it. Niething changes in regards to the war. Ruthern will continue to kill Ruthern on the field of battle.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “It was said Imperial cousin that fought with us during the fight at Arichsdorf. I would have vy watch vyr tone, he is our enemy right now but we can still show respect for those that have earned it. I would be dead if niet for him, as would vyr papej.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Du involve traitors who du fight on the field, who we fight on the field. Why should we allow them to step foot in the Kingdom, to fight men they shall meet on the field anyway?”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “It would be my wish upon this issue that I sought to co-chair this Duma with you. I do niet doubt your ability to lead it in any regard, though I would wish to direct additional questions upon the Duma.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Vy already did, in vyr own letter.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Mein vater's letter. Ich am nicht mein vater.”

Samuel Starling: “Yet opportunists may not be so honorable. I can already see the headlines now- ‘Orenian brutally slain in duel!’. I mean call me pessimistic, but if we allow this we're effectively shooting ourselves in the foot.

Rhys var Ruthern: “But regardless, I would agree to such terms if vyr own cadet branch from Freimark were niet involved.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “I find myself quite concerned that our Duma would suggest that seconds and so on of our Aulic Offices are incompetent.”

Konstanz Barclay: “They are nicht. It wast never our intention to involve our Savoyard cousins.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “What is the point of this debate? It has been allowed by both parties.”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah do believe the Maer makes a good point.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “Which is concerning.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Ai, of course. I leave it upon you to announce.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Nie, he does niet. Any man who slays another in this feud is a murderer. Ea should hope the House of Barclay does niet seek to kill vyr fellow peers over mere words.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “It's a duel to first blood, there would be nie deaths unless someone were to act dishonourably.”

Samuel Starling: “And if an accident occurs?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Then that is God's will. Ea am surprised vy are so concerned for the well-being of the Orenians vy so despise.”

Samuel Starling: “I am not concerned for their safety. I'm concerned for our reputation.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Und how can we expect them to act honorably? Surely ein noble's life for the Duke of Reinmar und Marshal's ist more than worth it in their eyes.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “We are at war. They are anathema. What does it matter what they think of us?”

Iulius Vernhart: “For the sake of civility and direct questioning, Grand Prince Karl shall be joining eam as a co-handler on topics that may be addressed today. Please continue.”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah believe the foreign intervention here is a conflict o' Haeseni interest. Tha' is all.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Precisely, Lord Ruthern. We are at war. We should nicht allow the enemy to get involved in ein situation which can be settled domestically.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Then vy should niet have allowed it.”

Samuel Starling: “An enemy who may become a martyr in said war. We are rectifying such a mistake if it was such.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “We have given them ten thousand martyrs at Eastfleet. One more does niet matter.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “I would ask a question briefly of both sides, to direct your lines. Myself and the chair bring the debate to moderated, for a moment.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich wouldn't have, if Ich had ein say. Again, mein vater speaks for the house, Ich simply stand by mein family when the time comes.”

Samuel Starling: “You aren't a propagandist then my good sir.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Ea do niet believe vy are, either.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “For those uninitiated, Lord Ruthern. Moderated debate implies to raise your hand.”

Iulius Vernhart: “We are in unmoderated debate as of current, however, ea will call for order at this time. Reel in vyr thoughts, spasiba.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Lord Ruthern. First. Do you understand the teachings of duelling? To strike at critical point? To often, aim to kill? That is, unless you are wearing armour proper and the idea of to first blood was already agreed upon. It is more so my issue, that are you able to control your Orenian kinsmen in the first place? What loyalty do they have to you beyond blood relations over a hundred years ago?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “It is to first blood, nie one wants a death here. And as I said, my cousin, though misled in following the Emperor, still holds honour. As any at Arichsdorf can attest. I trust him to act with honour and keep them inline with honour.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “And to you, Lord Barclay. You state that it is your father's words that agreed to these Orenian Rutherns. You can niet simply use them when you like to defend yourself, and at other points lay blameless for this offer in the initial letter. It is upon your house that you offered such, it seems the issue of the Crown to figure out whether that is your fault that we have to rectify. Is this similarly agreed, that your father's initial letter was a mistake, if that is what you are claiming it to be, or is it niet?”

Konstanz Barclay: “The words of mein vater are the words of the house. Ich do nicht agree with them, und Ich am stating mein own beliefs while Ich can. If the Crown wishes to allow these Orenian Rutherns to partake, as was agreed initially, so be it. We shall fight either way.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “If the Lord Barclay is too busy watching aggressive birds, or something of the like in his head for quickening this Duma, I recommend he turns it off.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich have answered. It's ein very gutt show! Ich even have merchandise!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Here we go again.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Right then. I do not think that we particularly care for a dead Orenian, for we are at war. My issue lies in that whether we can trust these Orenians to honour the battle. I believe we shall seek an answer to this, and move to the next issue.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Watch this, he'll start crying about the one that got away in a second.”

-Konstanz Barclay holds back tears-

Iulius Vernhart: “Shall we hear a second for moving on?”

Adele Ludovar: “Please, ea second.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ja.”

Filip Amador: “Da!”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Please.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “A single Imperial will be brought. If he does niet honour the duel, he will be killed. Fifthed, or whatever it is we are on.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “That is all that I wanted for a response, Lord Ruthern.”

Matyas Baruch: “If Ah may- Ah was at Arichsdorf as well. The Orenian Rutherns conducted themselves wi' honor, an' helped tae cover the escape of many of our lads an' lasses from the treachery afoot there. Ah dinnae think they'd violate the terms o' the duel if they were willin' tae respect our guest rights.”

NOTE

It is resolved that further discussion is needed on the matter of non-Haeseni branches or cadet-branches participation in family feuds in future instances.

Iulius Vernhart: “For a second time, we are continuing a topic which we have motioned to move away from for the time being. We shall move to the third question. Now. As it is written, Furthermore, whether the elevation of the scale of the conflict by an Aulic Councillor, moving from that of being directed at an individual to being directed at an entire House, is appropriate?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Nie, it is niet.”

Isabel Baruch: “Is the debate movin' back t' unmoderated, Firr Vernhart?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Da, it am, Lady Isabel.”

Konstanz Barclay: “The words of Lord Ruthern , while directed at individuals at points, insulted the house as ein entirety. Should mein vater simply sit back as his entire house is publicly slandered? It ist within his right to do such as the head of House Barclay.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea would say that we have a semi-poor example of this in the form of the Ruthern-Barclay feud, whereas a recent example is that of mea cousin the Baron of Rostig and Markus Morovar. While ea don't necessarily agree with the results of that disagreement and later duel, it was a localised conflict between two individuals and ea expect shall remain that way.”

Iulius Vernhart: “As a time in which it is once again necessary, moderation shall remain un-impeded as we discuss.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “In this matter though, there is a third party involved that so happens to be an enemy.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Ea believe that et depends on ve conflict. Because everyone am often taught that vy represent vyr house. Vyr actions am that of vyr house.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Vyr papej should have come to me before declaring this a family feud. Something could have been arranged to avoid a vassal on vassal conflict which has blown this far out of proportion.”

Adele Ludovar: “The involvement of the Orenian Rutherns is niet relevant to this question, Representative Luceafaru. We have had that discussion.”

Isabel Baruch: “Oh! Well, anyhow, ah'd have t' take a similar stance t' Laidy Ludovar's. Ah do believe tha' the feud was blown completely ou' o' proportion - a more localized conflict would've prevented a big mess, in my opinion.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Mein vater demanded ein apology und compensation in some form. Du declined, und nicht only that, were the first to involve fighting in this.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Is that the question?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Mein vater attempted to end this peacefully, it wast House Ruthern that escalated it.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “How is it not relevant, when one situation, like Lady Baruch stated, has blown out of proportion already?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Vy escalated it when vy marched an armed retinue on Vidaus.”

Adele Ludovar: “Exactly, Viscountess. In mea humble opinion the conflict has been expanded to an excessive degree while the inciting incident has been resolved by the Baron of Rostig.”

Iulius Vernhart: “For the sake of both time and clarity might ea suggest that we leave this question up to a vote.”

Konstanz Barclay: “What would that armed retinue truly have done, Lord Ruthern? Du were within walls, we simply stood outside it.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “He demanded an apology from the entirety of my House for the words of a fifteen year old, as well as monetary compensation. That was niet acceptable and on top of that, while I did ask for an equal numbered duel, it was vyr papej that acted aggressively first by marching an armed host into my land.”

Isabel Baruch: “Well, Firr Vernhart - this is a debate, there is nothin' t' vote on. Unless ye mean votin' t' move on t' the next question.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “If we sallied out to meet vy, vy would have provoked a vassal war. Do niet be so foolish. If vy point vyr blade at a man, it is a threat. Vy canniet just say 'Well, ea did niet use it.'.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I do niet care what they would do on my land, it is unacceptable that the Marshal marched an armed force onto another vassal's land.”

Isabel Baruch: “Aye, like ah said - blown out o' proportion already.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Perhaps the lack of any law regarding vassal conduct is to blame…?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ein equal numbered duel while du attempted to rally the enemy behind du? Du attempted to involve the Orenians, which could've directed the war between Oren und Urguan up north.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Can vy read, Baron?”

Adele Ludovar: “The Lord Marshal marched on Ruthern lands with a large Barclay battalion. Ea feel that is escalation enough, nie?”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Ea agree with lady Ludovar…”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Vy were challenged to a five on five fight, which ea would like to remind vy, is what shall take place tomorrow. Vy marched on Vidaus to refuse an equal fight. Ea do niet know why vy are acting as if vy did niet.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Your arguments do niet get us anywhere, once again. I believe. You have both stated your sides on these same issues multiple times. I would sooner here a vote, and move to the next topic.”

Isabel Baruch: “If Ah'm t' be frank, ah believe infightin' is the exact opposite o' wha' we want in a time o' war, especially a feud such as this which has been blown out o' proportion. Ah'd like t' move on as well.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Are we agreed in this, as the Lord Handler has already suggested?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Is there a point to voting? It is far too late in the day to call off this duel.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “It is to assess the position of the Lord Marshal I would think, Lord Ruthern.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea would state that the escalation is niet appropriate as per the question, but ea resound with the Duke Ruthern in stating that it is probably too late at this point, for both Houses have been thoroughly riled up and offended on both sides.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “It is niet proper to meddle with the terms of a feud that will be settled next Saint's Day. If this is in reference to future feuds, a vote is acceptable.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Da, spasibo for clarifying, Lady Ludovar.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Order. We will move to a moderated discussion once more.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Right. We will call a vote, whether or niet to condemn the actions of Lord Barclay for his behaviour, and whether such is acceptable for feuds.”

Iulius Vernhart: “The voting shall commence.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Herzen Baruch. Do you condemn these actions?”

Isabel Baruch: “Prinzen -- would these votes be used t' establish a precedent fer future feuds, perchance?”

Matyas Baruch: “If we're votin' only on principle wi' no specific punishment in mind, Ah'd condemn marchin' on another vassal's lands, aye.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Herzen Ruthern.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Da.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Herzen Barclay.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Nein, these actions are to be expected of ein feud. Furthermore, Ich find the willingness of House Ruthern to condemn the Duke Barclay outrageous considering how they responded to the idea of ein condemnation against their own.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Ai. It is voting to establish principle, with niet specific punishment in mind. If the Lord Barclay did such during this time, he would niet to know for there was no law on it.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Noted, now we are moving on, Lord Barclay. Komit Ludovar.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea will say da, it is correct to condemn for the purposes of this question, but that both sides should be condemned for their actions as both are at fault.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Vikomit Kortrevich.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Ea say Da as well, ea do niet think et am right...”

Iulius Vernhart: “Bossir Luceafaru.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “I condemn such actions - family feuds should not be blown into such proportions. It's concerning to hear such words from both parties.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Bossir Morovar.”

-Otto Morovar is noted down as an abstain vote due to falling asleep-

Iulius Vernhart: “Bossir Amador.”

Filip Amador: “For ve undue escalation of ein feud between houses, ve lord barclay ought to be reprimanded, but as there was no set precedent or law structure to decide what es ag es niet allowed in this sort of conflict mea Da vote comes with much reluctance.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Royal Alderwoman Baruch.”

Isabel Baruch: “Aye, ah'd condemn it. Like ah said earlier, it escalated the feud to a level it didnae need to be escalated to.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Grand Maer Starling.”

Samuel Starling: “Niet.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lord Palatine Baruch.”

Eirik Baruch: “I am Lord Palatine, I will not vote on this matter.”

Iulius Vernhart: “With seven das and two nies, and three abstained or absent, the vote passes.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Actually, ea take mea Da back, ea do niet know enough to really give a solid vote as ea believe mea Borsa might have a different vote! So make et four abstain.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Four abstained.”

Condemning the Armed Barclay Retinue Entering Vidaus

By the Crown

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Ludovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

NAY

Herzen Barclay

Grand Maer Starling

ABSTAIN

Bossir Morovar

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSENT

N/A

The condemnation of the armed Barclay retinue entering the Duchy of Vidaus has passed through the Royal Duma.

Grand Prinzen Karl: “On account of the length of this, I believe the fifth issue has been rescinded from the letter. For the next question. Additionally, whether there ought to be set in precedent restrictions upon how large a family duel may be in scale, as to prevent greater harm done upon families, and to deter recruitment from outside the Kongzem? This shall be given five Saints minutes of unmoderated debate. The main questions I would wish to ask are the following. Should a House's household guards, first of all, be able to participate? Secondly; members of the Houses that participate, what qualifies them as acceptable? Must they have been seen, with evidence beforehand in the kingdom? And finally, should these battles be done in scale, in equal numbers, or in whomever turns up.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “A single champion should be picked to represent each side.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Speak heartily, and be free to debate. I will accept additional time if people ask for it.”

Adele Ludovar: “Vy may also ask similar questions of that on the guards, as to whether a certain house with a reputation for bastards may allow those Barrows to take part.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Household guards should nicht be involved, it ist ein house feud, nicht ein vassal war as many have been reluctant for this to escalate to. Secondly, as long as the member of said house has verified presence, lineage und contribution related to the Kingdom, Ich see nein reason why the should be denied if all these are met.”

Samuel Starling: “If a House wishes to gamble their future away, let them I say.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Blood is blood. Ea agree with the Barclay on the matter of guards, it is niet proper to allow them to participate. As for the final point, ea agree as well.”

Konstanz Barclay: “As per how it ist handled, Ich say let the houses decide, with ein default in place should negotiations fail.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I say it should follow in accordance with Haeseni law; a trial by combat for the accusations levied to prove who is in the wrong and right as such, wherein nobles have the right to choose a champion.”

Samuel Starling: “Some guards are more family than those of blood. Aye, to choose champions not of blood is commonplace.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Are we agreed then, for the sake of convenience to put a singular matter to bed, that House guards are niet to participate in duels? A simple Aye from all members shall suffice.”

Samuel Starling: “Niet.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Or niet, if that is the case.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Secondly, the other section on family duels, it does mention an agreed upon amount of members from each family.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “The champion's origins should be irrelevant as long as they act as a representative to the house. I do not agree.”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah'll provide my input here, if ye'd all be willing to hear it- and hopefully to spark a precedent. Members involved in a feud should be blood-related. They should be citizens of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. Numbers should be set beforehand as well to avoid confusion. In regard to the first point, aye - house guards should nae participate.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Niet. To the vote, niet to vy, Lady Baruch.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea have nie opinion on the House Guards matter.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “Lady Baruch's point is phrased perfectly.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Seems that I may have niet made myself clear, I apologize. In the matter of bringing House guards. Should they be allowed, Aye, or niet?”

The Royal Duma’s Opinion on Household Guards Being Involved in House Feuds

By the Crown

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Grand Maer Starling

NAY

Representative Barclay

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

ABSTAIN

Representative Ludovar

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSENT

N/A

The opinion of His Majesty’s Royal Duma is that household guards should not be allowed to participate in house feuds.

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Now. What qualifies members of houses as acceptable to participate?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Duels are nicht the legal precedent for Houses, Duke Ruthern. Duels have existed in their own capacity. If the whole point of ein feud ist simply to hold ein duel, why bother creating ein system for house feuds?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “It literally states in the Haurul Caezk that ‘nobility shall be entitled to settle familiar disputes in the form of a family duel’, exact quote. Perhaps if Barclay had thought to use their heads before escalating things, a lot of issues would’ve been resolved.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Right, onto the next. Do please hurry along with it, what constitutes an acceptable amount for a member of a house to participate? Should they be seen in our kingdom, and to what degree if so?”

Adele Ludovar: “We would agree that only those donning the House last name should be allowed?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The agreed upon amount, as stated in the Haurul Caezk. Both houses must agree.”

Godric var Ruthern: “If blood is what they base participation in regarding household guard, then why not the same for any blooded family member? Regardless of their presence within the walls?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ein member should only be allowed if they have consistent presence in the Kingdom, are of legitimate lineage which can be confirmed, und contribute to the Kingdom by way of the arts or in one of the Aulic offices.”

Samuel Starling: “If they bear the last name they can be called upon I'd say by default. Unless otherwise agreed upon by the two houses.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “What I mean by such is whether or niet say, a distant cousin who appeared out of the wood work should be allowed to fight, or must both sides agree to the proposed candidates? I would ask for replies to be kept somewhat short, for we are all tired.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Agree to the proposed candidates, within reason. If they are to deny one duelist, they must have an apt cause.”

Adele Ludovar: “That is a long list of conditions, Baron Sigradz.”

Konstanz Barclay: “If that family member did nicht serve Haense until the feud ist declared, it ist clear they should nicht be allowed to partake, as they simply wish to spill blood. It's rather simple, Lady Ludovar; Be present, be legitimate, contribute.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Could your suggestion niet be in alignment with a agreement, as opposed to strict law, Baron Sigradz?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Why legitimate, bastards are still members of the house.”

Bishop Viktor Barclay: “Bastardry is both illegal in Haense Law and Canon Law. Shame upon you to endorse it so.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Quiet from the Bishop.”

Adele Ludovar: “Da. Sounds like a group with very subjective conditions.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I do niet endorse it but the sins of the father are niet the sins of the son, as per the Duke of Reinmar's own words according to his son.”

Filip Amador: “Ea agree with ve lord ruthern. If it es niet reasonable for one or another participant to be involved, they should be excluded with agreement of both families.” The man said while his feet subconsciously carried him to the table of the black bulava and his hands extended to straighten it out before returning to his seat.

Konstanz Barclay: “Du place too much dependence on good faith und factors, Ihr Highness. In theory, agreements should be made on ein case by case basis, but that assumes du deal with people who will act in gutt faith.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Ea believe both sides must agree. Et would be up to each other what am allowed that way et am all fair.”

Adele Ludovar: “Well, assume a pair of Houses decide upon a twenty versus twenty duel, as was proposed at one point by both of vyr Houses, vy would then have to screen each participant along vyr conditions, nie?”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “What does Royal Alderman Baruch have to say upon the matter? I forgot if she has spoken yet.”

Konstanz Barclay: “While he should nicht be judged for that, Duke Ruthern, he should nicht be granted the rights of ein noble either. Much like he can nicht inherit the house titles, ein bastard should nicht hold the right to defend ein House whose name he doesn't hold.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “If I may state something, for the Duma.”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah've nae spoken yet, Yer Highness. Personally, ah believe tha' matters such as these would be settled easily if there was a proper law t' resort t' regarding House feuds. In the instance tha' they cannae come t' an agreement, tha' is.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “My understanding of history is niet always the best, though I believe most cadet Houses of House Carrion are bastards.”

Adele Ludovar: “There is a law, and it states that Houses must agree. But ea agree that the law is niet specific enough for these occasions.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Ea disagree with vy Baron Sigradz, Ef a bastard works hard enough and devotes themselves to their family then they should with all right be able to defend their home. Vy am awful for saying niet. Loyalty.”

Isabel Baruch: “My point, Laidy Ludovar - the law should be expanded upon in cases like these.”

Adele Ludovar: “Ea agree with vy, da.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “I thought I would only throw such a matter into the mix, as there is a law upon it, there is also history to bastards.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “My house was formed by a bastard, and yet a bastard may niet preserve it? It is niet the bastard's fault that their parents committed a sin.”

Isabel Baruch: “The House o' Ruthern was founded by a bastard as well, if ah'm nae mistaken. Ruther Barrow, aye?”

Bishop Viktor Barclay: “The sin runs deep..”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Ruther Barrow, da. A fine warrior who remained illegitimate the whole of his life.”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Bastards am mistakes, but vy can change and create something beautiful from a mistake. One's parentage does niet make one who they am. They can change.”

Konstanz Barclay: “If bastardry has history und bastards should be legitimate representatives of their houses, why did they take on different names und create cadet branches?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Bastards are niet cursed, they are niet some black stain on everything they touch. Some of the greatest things in Human history are the result of bastards.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “In either case, enough time has passed upon this discussion. The Crown shall discuss at length what constitutes an acceptable amount of time for someone to participate as a default.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Und in the instance of ein bastard through their vater, that can nicht always be verified. Any black haired man can be passed off as ein Barrow if the mutter ist nicht present.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Saint Tuvya was born a bastard. And yet he rose to the Imperial throne and became canonised.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “We should move to the next topic, if we are all in agreement? This is the point of how many can fight in a feud, whether numbers should be equal, or whether you can bring whom you like for numbers. Say, one house brings five, another brings twelve.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Agreed upon numbers. If they both agree to have different numbers, so be it. If they agree to equal numbers, so be it.”

Samuel Starling: “Equal by default. Otherwise up to the houses.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Und what if numbers are nicht agreed on? What does it default to?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Equal as to ensure as fair a fight as possible to prove who is truly in the wrong.”

Konstanz Barclay: “But what number ist to be allowed? Three? Five?”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “Well this is what we are discussing, Baron Sigradz. Frankly, if Houses can agree upon these, I have niet issue in stopping them.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “It could be decided by a third party.”

Grand Prinzen Karl: “The default.”

Konstanz Barclay: “There ist nein need to involve ein third party other than the Crown und the law.”

Viorel Luceafăru: “That's exactly who I'm referring to.”

Konstanz Barclay: “That wast the default anyway, Lord Luceafaru.”

Samuel Starling: “I'd assume a house brings as many as they can, and start dropping fighters until it's equal to the other in a default situation.”

Isabel Baruch: “Evidently, there might need t' be some clarifications added t' the law, if the Royal Duma and Crown deems it necessary, tha' is.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Should we postpone this discussion until the next session? It would allow us to base any bills about this off of the duel between Barclay und ruthern that ist to happen next Saint's day.”

Filip Amador: “Da I second that motion.”

Samuel Starling: “Third.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Motion has been table till a later time.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The default should be a two on two or a three on three depending on the circumstances. The Peer, their family champion and, if they are of age, the heir. But da, we can speak on this next session.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Would they be duelling individually or three on three, Duke Ruthern?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Now.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Three on three.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Und how would the Champion restrictions be applied?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Same as the previously explored conditions for one's participation.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich see.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lord Rhys, Lord Konstanz, this discussion has been tabled. Please discuss en private for any further developments or wait till the next session of Dumna.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Are vy going to dismiss Duma then?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Now, does anyone else have any further notes to add before ea dismiss?”

Eirik Baruch: “Please dismiss the Duma. I'm begging.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Motion to dismiss?”

Filip Amador: “Second!”

Vasilia Kortrevich: “Please!”

Viorel Luceafăru: “Third!”

Iulius Vernhart: “Thank Godan, he es dobry. Duma Dismissed.”

NOTE

It is resolved that further discussion is needed on the matter of house feuds as a whole which will continue at the next sitting of His Majesty’s Royal Duma.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 421 SITTING

On the 9th of Msitza ag Dargund, 421 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Bossir Luceafăru

Lord Palatine

IN ABSENTIA

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order!” He banged his gavel atop the bench. “This sitting of this 9th of Msitza ag Dargund 421 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing the Dark Magic Bill of 420 E.S, written by Lady Erika Barclay. The chair calls upon Representative Barclay to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Erika Barclay: “As du all know this was a rework of a previous bill of mine after Ich had listened to all of dein advice. And so this is my new proposal instead to be put into the Haurul Caezk.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Johann Ludovar: “Ea agree to the first one but the second one is unnecessary as it falls under XVIII, Sacrilege.”

Erika Barclay: “Ich was advised by the church to add it.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “Witchcraft is a term that insinuates all magic so perhaps clarify it to be dark witchcraft.”

Erika Barclay: “It does indeed state so Lady Sorina.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “Let he who uses or practices dark magic be guilty of Witchcraft. I would suggest simply changing the term Witchcraft as all mages practice Witchcraft.”

Erika Barclay: “Du want to say that a mage practices witchcraft instead of magic?”

Johann Ludovar: “The church, with all due respect, is niet proficient in Haeseni law. We still respect GODAN and follow the church's teaching against unholy practices or beings through XVIII.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Vyr the expert, Lord Ludovar. Would vy simply remove the second part?”

Sorina Luceafăru: “The basic definition of Witchcraft is the practice of magic, Lady Barclay. Therefore, you should change the word to dark magic, or another word that specifies it is dark.”

Johann Ludovar: “About the other discussion, perhaps vy should add to the document a definition of the terms mage, witch, and witchcraft so there will niet be a place for mistake. Da, Ea would.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “Otherwise there could potentially be an assumption that all those who practice magic, or witchcraft, are all dark mages.”

-Lady Erika Barclay changes the term ‘Witchcraft’ to ‘Dark Witchcraft’ on the Dark Magic Bill of 421 E.S-

Erika Barclay: “There.”

Matyas Baruch: “How d'ye argue it's covered under Sacrilege, if Ah may ask? The law seems tae specify acts o' vandalism or underminin' Church functions. Ah'm no expert, but it'd seem tae me tha' doesn't cover merely bein' an abomination.”

Johann Ludovar: “Vy are speaking of Desecration Lord Matyas.”

Erika Barclay: “Nicht all abominations, Lord Johann were dead before they became... this new thing. Some of them were also created by Daemons.”

Johann Ludovar: “Let he who flaunts the teachings of the Church of the Canon be guilty of Heresy, and let he who undermines or challenges these teachings be guilty of Sacrilege. Anything that goes against the teaching of the church falls under this law, as it states in the law.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Vy are arguing with nie ground being gained for either side. Lady Barclay, do vy wish to do as the Komit Ludovar wishes and remove the XXXI section or niet? Make clear so we can proceed to the vote.”

Matyas Baruch: “Ah suppose, perhaps tha' law is more broadly interpreted than Ah originally though'. No further questions frae me.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Representative Barclay, what do vy say?”

Erika Barclay: “Nein, Ich wish to keep it. As even the church admits sometimes these creatures can be a gray area in canon law. Hence the necessity for it.”

Sorina Luceafăru: “If I may ask, Lady Barclay, which church official did you ask about this bill?”

Erika Barclay: “The Pontiff.”

Johann Ludovar: “Gray area? In what sense?”

Erika Barclay: “Azdrazi were for example once a gray area, but now they are called heresy. Who knows if another creature like them could end up popping up. Would it nicht be wise to take precaution then?”

Sorina Luceafăru: “Can we hurry this up? I have some building to do.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Da- ea see nie great issue ef our laws and the church's overlap. Ea motion to move on and vote.”

Borris Kortrevich: “Second.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Are there any objections?”

Johann Ludovar: “When a matter that might involve the church's teacher Ea send mea Jovenaars to speak with the church first. If something like this shows up and the church wish to take a stance on it then they will say so. Ea see it as unuseful but niet harming, sure, go ahead.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now proceed to a vote on the Dark Magic Bill of 421 E.S as it is currently.”

The Dark Magic Bill of 421 E.S

By Lady Erika Barclay

AYE

Representative Baruch

Representative Ruthern

Representative Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Representative Luceafăru

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

The Dark Magic Bill of 421 E.S has passed unanimously through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Are there any topics to be brought up at this sitting?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Nie? Duma dismissed!”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 422 SITTING

On this 5th of Joma ag Umund, 422 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Herzen Barclay

Komit Ludovar

Vikomit Kortrevich

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Luceafăru

Bossir Amador

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

N/A

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov and Yermey 422 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing the Proper Ascension Act of 422 E.S, written by Lord Filip Amador. The chair now calls upon Bossir Amador to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Filip Amador: “Good Godan, those steps are dangerous, ai? just like those damn stairs all throughout ve palace! Those things are dangerous, ag boring, ag ugly. Ea simply propose we replace them with lifts instead, which are MANY measures quicker, ag safer.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Du just seem like ein fat bastard, to be honest.”

Filip Amador: “That's mean.”

Otto Morovar: “What ah… Where did vyr hatred for stairs start… Bossir?”

Filip Amador: “Believe it or niet, ea actually do niet hate stairs… ea just feel that lifts are a MUCH better way of getting up ag down levels of such tall buildings.”

Eirik Baruch: “Uh… I can understand why Iulius would need a lift but… Seems a bit silly, apart from that.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Do I hear a motion to vote?”

Konstanz Barclay: “Nicht yet.”

Eirik Baruch: “Do you know how much lifts cost these days? I had to spend a thousand mina getting one for my cow. Most of our stairs do have lifts on them.”

Filip Amador: “Niet enough of them. Ag they ought niet to cost very much at all. Mondstadt has replaced most of its stairs with lifts, ag it's very simple to get up ag down them.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea don't know about removing the stairs… rather adding some alternative way those who need it can move around… just as eam.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “… What if we tested it out? Half lifts and half stairs. Erm, like a trial run?”

Filip Amador: “That's a dobry idea.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “The trial run?”

Filip Amador: “Da. Trial run.” -+- “Ea think we can at least start with ve lesser traffic parts of ve prikaz, ag see how it goes.”

Isabel Baruch: “Could jus' compromise an' add a few lifts here an' there. Dinnae necessarily need t' replace all the staircases. Tha' would take forever.”

Samuel Starling: “Right, especially if there's a- Godan forbid- A fire.”

Otto Morovar: “I suggest we rid of it all and use hot air balloons to bring us from one floor to another.”

Samuel Starling: “How would we measure the success of such a trial?”

Isabel Baruch: “Lifts are ugly - ah don't think we need t' replace every single staircase with a lift.”

Alistair Baruch: “Seems cheaper jus' to pay minae to some bloke to assist ye rather up stairs rather than overhaulin' kongzem infrastructure for a few ugly lifts.”

Samuel Starling: “Could just use my office to add in a few lifts here and there, it is in my power like with my changes to the farms aye?”

Otto Morovar: “What if we add a tax to those who use stairs? This is something I can get on.”

Eirik Baruch: “No, no! A lift tax!”

Otto Morovar: “DA!”

Eirik Baruch: “Ten mina per lift trip.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does that include a return ticket, Lord Palatine?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Lord Eirik, vy vish to tax eam every time ea wish to move up a floor?”

Isabel Baruch: “Ah feel sorry fer the people in wheelchairs,”

Eirik Baruch: “Lord Amador, why are you trying to imply that the Duma has any genuine say over the infrastructure of the residence of the Crown? I would surely think that such is the Crown's prerogative, and the Crown's prerogative only.”

Filip Amador: “Ets worth considering, lord palatine. Perhaps some of Their Majesties ag Highnesses would agree with me.”

Samuel Starling: “We've made changes to the city before haven't we?”

Eirik Baruch: “Maer, the City is not the Palace.”

Filip Amador: “We should at least ask. Da, indeed lets ask. In fact, if ve majority of ve royal family in attendance RIGHT NOW would like to see this bill scrapped, ea will remove it. Does that sound fair, Lord Speaker?”

Eirik Baruch: “Hey, Dorothea. Do you want lifts? Hey, Sig. You want lifts? It's your guys' house, might as well ask.”

Samuel Starling: “Ah, then perhaps we should strike out the Palace from the bill then. I got confused on which we were discussing.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Why doesn't we just add a singular lift to where is needed… keep the stairs where they are? If there is atleast one working lift, then it am fine… speaking for someone who kindof needs them.”

Otto Morovar: “It's a dobry bill -- I think a tax on the lifts would be dobry.. Ten mina round trip.”

Samuel Starling: “I'm not taxing the disabled.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “A lift tax? Non. However, Lord Amador does bring up a good point with lifts, what about those who are injuried? Carrying them down the stairs is a danger. What about emergencies? Evacuations? Think of the bigger picture at hand.”

Eirik Baruch: “Additionally, since this bill says all buildings in the capital, does that include everyone's private residence?”

Samuel Starling: “If a lift is disabled due to said emergency we need a backup.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “…Such as stairs.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “We have both then, both stairs AND lifts.”

Eirik Baruch: “We already have that, Lady Kortrevich.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “In all places?”

Eirik Baruch: “In the relevant ones.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “Then, we need to add it to the rest.”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea can roll down stairs in case of emergency, but ea can't roll up them.”

Eirik Baruch: “Surely you wouldn't want to force people to put Lifts in their private residences!”

Esmée Kortrevich: “Non, in private residence that's their choice.”

Filip Amador: “Of course niet, lord palatine, ea am just suggesting lifts as ve DEFAULT form of vertical transport. People's private residences can be left to their own, ag ve High Seneschal's discretion.”

Samuel Starling: “Perhaps this bill is a bit too… Vague then. Again, for the city you can always write the Maer for infrastructure improvements.”

Eirik Baruch: “Iulius, you are the most disabled person here, which buildings, and parts of them, do you use the most?”

Iulius Vernhart: “Ea think it am unfair and unwise to remove stairs. However, ea will support a move to add lifts to government buildings that do not have them. To force private residence to pay for lifts am ridiculous.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Ea believe there is only one man who canniet reasonably go up stairs.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “What of it, vyr Majesty? Do vy want to see the Palace replace all the stairs with lifts?”

Koeng Sigismund III: “The Nikirala Prikaz are staunch patrons of the Haeseni Stairmakers Guild.”

Elizaveta Barbanov-Bihar: “This would put the Guild out of a job. . .”

Otto Morovar: “I believe we could provide more jobs in the Kongzem! We create the Hand-Lift Committee. A force of working class people who sit at the bottom of the stairs offering a lift to the disabled who need help up.”

Eirik Baruch: “So Filip, you agree that private residences won't be forced? But good man. We are inside a private residence right now.”

Filip Amador: “Es this private? There's an awful lot of people encouraged to visit on a yearly basis for this to be considered private. Ag ea didn't run into any ugly gates on ve way in.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “This is the Koeng's home.”

Otto Morovar: “Then we give independence to those within the committee who can charge their own prices for hand-lifting people up the stairs.”

Eirik Baruch: “What a lovely idea, Iulius! The Queen and I will go with you to the spots you think would be the most necessary, aye? Then there's no more need for this stuff.”

Otto Morovar: “I notion to vote!”

Filip Amador: “Ea second.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Seconded!”

Samuel Starling: “Second.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now proceed to a vote on the Proper Ascension Act of 422 E.S.”

Proper Ascension Act of 422 E.S

By Lady Erika Barclay

AYE

Bossir Amador

NAY

Representative Baruch

Representative Barclay

Representative Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Representative Luceafăru

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Royal Alderwoman Baruch

Grand Maer Starling

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSTAIN

Representative Ruthern 

ABSENT

N/A

The Proper Ascension Act of 422 E.S has not passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the Baron of Siegradz letter to the Royal Duma, pertaining to the title of Richtenburg. The chair now calls upon Representative Barclay to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Right, ich didn't know Lady Sorina had ein younger bruder, so like, just make her regent Ich suppose.”

Samuel Starling: “Is that a withdrawal of the bill?….”

Konstanz Barclay: “If the Duma wants it scrapped, sure.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will keep the debate moderated for now. I wish to hear what the representative Luceafaru has to say on this matter.”

Elizaveta Barbanov-Bihar: “Oh! Uhm! Ea- uhm. . . Before vy begin debating once more, uhm- ea have a. . .- Well, Lady Sorina thought it very important that ea read a statement from her, herself. . .”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Please read this statement now to the chamber, representative Luceafaru.”

Elizaveta Barbanov-Bihar: “Uh-uhm. . . It-it's a little bit long, but- 'T-to my fellow peers and. . Members of the Duma, It has been less than one year since the passing of BOTH my beloved parents and as ea'm sure all of you know, when one loses a parent, it feels like vyr entire world has come crashing down. In my case, ea lost two so ea’m sure you could imagine the mental turmoil ea have experienced these past few months. Along with this, the discovery of my practically newborn brother has brought me to the harsh realisation of life. For he, my brother, will only learn about my parents through me and will never get t-to. . . Experience the love and encouragement mine have given me throughout my life. Moliana and Elimar were two of the strongest people, having endured suffering most of us could not even dream to imagine. This is what had lead to create a-a. . . A blossoming family in the Barony of Richtenburg. It has only been spoken of briefly, but my plan moving forward is to take up the title of Baroness until my younger brother, Emilian Sigmar Luceafaru, comes of age or feels he is ready to take the reigns before I abdicate my title to him.” - “It -. . .Uhm, in a statement I had to personally write upon my parents death, I had asked for privacy and respect from those within the Kingdom of Haense, which extends to making public discussions in my family situation, which has clearly not been respected. From here on out, I wish for this discussion to remain between myself and His, His-. . . His Majesty and his council. Niet the public. A-And. . . And then, she ends it with ‘Thank you.’ Th-this-. . Uhm, that's all.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Spasibo, representative Luceafaru. Does anyone else wish to comment on the situation before we continue? Keep in mind we are still in moderated debate.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Da.”

Eirik Baruch: “I'll comment, as well.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Representative Ruthern.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “By what right did vy drag the Luceafaru from their mourning to this Duma, Baron? If ea were to write a bill demanding the House of Barclay pass vyr Princely Duchy to a Ruthern, a reluctant daughter, or destroy vyr titles, would vy think it just? Would vy think that to be a proposal that should be considered and voted on by the Duma?”

Konstanz Barclay: “As Ich said, Lord Ruthern, Ich wast unaware of the second son, who makes mein letter redundant. But if mein houses seemed to be in the state that the house of Luceafaru seemed to be in before Ich knew of such, Ich would nicht be surprised if the succession of mein family's titles was questioned.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Lord Palatine, vy may speak now.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “WAIT.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “This is niet a back and forth between vy two. Vy made vyr point.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “…Very well.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Lord Palatine, continue.”

Eirik Baruch: “I just wanted to say that I'm not of the opinion that there is any just cause to perform an action here, whether the questionable mental state of the Lady Luceafaru is real or not, she is the rightful inheritor, and there is no outstanding grounds to break the law for such a transfer of titles as it stands. Never once has any sort of mental state been grounds to change succession of a title, unless decided so by the House itself. That is all.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair feels that the problems listed in the letter have been addressed and no more debate necessary. We will now be moving on to our final topic of the sitting.”

NOTE

It is resolved that Lady Sorina Luceafăru shall become the Baroness of Richtenburg following the disappearance of her older brother and following the laws of succession until such a time that she wishes to abdicate to her next of kin, Emilian Luceafăru.

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the nomination of Borris Kortrevich as a Hauchkossar within the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily. The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Eirik Baruch: “What is he being nominated for, Lord Speaker? Is there any sort of list of contributions worthy that he has?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “I believe it is for his contribution to literature in the form of his many poems.”

Eirik Baruch: “I see….”

Johann Ludovar: “Ea think he deserves the award for his hard work. He is so young yet made such contributions.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “Is something the matter, Lord Palatine?”

Eirik Baruch: “No, Lady Kortrevich, I was just wondering what the specifics were.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does anyone else have anything to add?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Do vy niet think Hauchkossar to be a bit… much?”

Esmée Kortrevich: “How so?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “The man has written poetry, niething more. Sure, it is dobry. But it is a prestigious title, reserved for great contributions to the Kongzem.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “However, no one else has.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Has he produced some sort of masterwork? Ea should have thought the order to aspire to quality over quantity.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “The Prevailer is a Hauchkossar.”

Konstanz Barclay: “Ich must agree with the Lord Ruthern. That would put him above the Lord Marshal. Respectfully, Ich feel mein vater's contributions far exceed the contributions of Lord Borris.”

Maric var Ruthern: “Niet that ea dislike his writings.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Mea hauchpapej destroyed the Imperials at Southbridge.. He is niet on par with a poet. Borris has written a few dobry poems.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “Ah, I see. However, there are different qualifications, non?”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Do vy niet think it in poor taste to consider a hero of the Kongzem and a poet to be equivalent? Niet to mention, Borris is hardly even an adult.”

Koeng Sigismund III: “I think it prudent to remind this establishment that the Order is meant to celebrate all genres of merit. If all were compared to the raw military importance of men like Steelheart or Lord Johann, none other would be inducted into the Order.  It's also prudent to remember that the Order is meant to be largely non-militant. Scholars, Speakers, and Politicians occupy the echelon of Hauchkossar more than any other.”

Esmée Kortrevich: “What Borris does is a form of art. He's been consistent with his work, becoming a greater poet every day. Oui, exactly.”

Mikhail var Ruthern: “Do vy consider their accomplishments to be equivalent, vyr Majesty?”

Koeng Sigismund III: “The merit of their work ought to be construed in the context of their work. In terms of raw importance, a military commander will always exceed a scholar in times of war. But the Order was made specifically to commemorate the non-militant, too.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does anybody have a different point to add to this discussion?”

Koeng Sigismund III: “I speak only to remind the Duma of the original purpose of the Order. Vy are to vote vyr mind, as always.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will proceed to a vote then and as the representative Ruthern thinks the title of Hauchkossar may be too high, vy may also vote for simply Kossar instead. Vy may vote 'Hauchkossar', 'Kossar' or simple ‘nie’ if vy believe he does niet deserve to be inducted into the order.”

NOMINATION TO THE 

ORDER OF QUEEN MAYA AND THE LILY

Lord Borris Kortrevich

By the Crown

AYE

Representative Baruch (Kossar)

Representative Barclay (Kossar)

Komit Ludovar (Kossar)

Representative Kortrevich (Kossar)

Representative Luceafaru (Kossar)

Royal Alderwoman Baruch (Kossar)

Grand Maer Starling (Hauchkossar)

NAY

Representative Ruthern

Bossir Amador

ABSTAIN

Royal Alderman Vernhart

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSENT

Bossir Morovar

The Royal Duma voted in favour for Borris Kortrevich to be knighted to the rank of Kossar (KML) in the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does anyone have anything else to present to the chamber before we dismiss?”

Samuel Starling: “Er, just a comment if I may.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “As vy wish, Grand Maer.”

Samuel Starling: “To inform those who are not aware: Well, just wanted to say that the farm reforms have gone through and the potatoes have been replaced with wheat. If the opinion of the public shifts and we want potatoes back, all of the harvested potatoes have been put aside for safekeeping if that latter date ever comes. That's all.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Duma dismissed.”