A Voice of Silver Speaks

A Voice of Silver Speaks

MSuaZCvWONuOYOpxTsvEt38_bZ5C9vPOVmvqF54HTSgHLAfjt5kj-BU2LEFtM9xf_Hs2T22IAP9tynG5wdR1a97wW7EEKmB4RfyAb2eP3svrBN0tyuhsgnN4U0hn4nUUOn0Sofqz

9th of The Amber Cold, Year 69 of the Second Age

Far too long, have I remained neutral in this time of crisis. As elOkarir’tir, I found that picking sides was too out of reach for me, that my duty was to uphold the Silver Law. For a time, it did not matter what side I chose. The Silver Law has no sides, at least, that is what I thought.

Ivarielle is not a woman of false promise. I have seen her mercy; I have listened to a silver tongue that only an ‘aheral could use with such fluency. She came to me, with words that brought forth a new light. What she told me, it filled me with hope for the future of Haelun’or- she is the only one who can truly promise elven unity. She told me of her plans to improve our economic stability, to ensure that Haelunorian culture is not lost, but revived and cherished with each and every breath. She wants to strengthen our military, so that inside these walls, and on this island, we never face a threat again. This is not a woman who wants to destroy us, she is a woman who is desperate to save us. 

I do expect slander, I expect the hate and the glares that will follow wherever I walk, but this is bigger than me, it is bigger than all of us. Far too long has Haelun’or been under the reign of tyrants who wish to hold power, who claim to want progress but stay stuck in the ways of old. It is men like Braxus Ni’leya, who claim to want democracy, then declare themselves Sohaer without even a single vote. I, personally, have never claimed to have been for democracy, before one wishes to use that to berate me. It is the heads of old, who deny that change needs to be made, who pull strings from the shadows- they are out of touch with what Haelun’or needs. 

We have lost our way, lliran. We have lost our grasp on the meaning of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya. We have been brainwashed to believe that things as they stood were fine, though, from my position on the council, I was watching hundreds of years of progress tumble down cliffs, all because we feared change. What is Haelun’or, if not the embodiment of progress? Who better to guide us into a new light, if not Ivarielle, the one with the means and the heart to make the change. 

When I first stepped foot in el’cihi’thilln, I thought to myself that there was not a better place in the entire world to discover myself. Many others have thought this, it is why we flock to Haelun’or, it is why we strive for progress. Soon, though, I discovered that the nature of ‘thill in this city had been conditioned to believe that it was our blood which made us superior. However, I was blessed enough to make peace with those who used their minds to rise above. To my lliran, I thank you endlessly for showing me the true way of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya. Thank you, Ivarielle, for showing me the meaning of fighting for what you believe in. You have strengthened me, and returned my faith in Haelun’or. 

Ivarielle, you have the Silver Law at your side. 

Haelun’or, I will continue to fight as your Okarir’tir, to maintain the true meaning of progress and health. 

To those that oppose us, I do not wish to see you harmed, but I truly hope that you open your eyes. We are not here to destroy Haelun’or, we are here to save it. 

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

Ay’Haelun’or, Ay’Larihei

oJaHikNblZP7kpF2wwpJWsLHYEiI85cvRZGzJf9MbI-lsuYlmb0EMp7R7K0_dMFGiJVv3mq0XVcBSrIqzQzOv6pLmWFsHZdN07hFN6MJukjyAMc9XCXJkM_V6hJDdN7TTZ7NGuYi

Iphys Catullus Valwynn,

Okarir’tir

Edited by TwistChunky
added a couple tags :D

"For progress, for the future. For the growth and protection of our blessed nation" Ivarielle remarked, her lips tugging at the proclamation from the Okarir'tir.

[!] The Okarir'tir would find a letter addressed their way!

[[ OOC: check forum pms! <3 ]]

A 'thill would smile from the comfort of her home. "Blessed be the children of Larihei and Iphys once again makes the right call. No longer should the councillors stand neutral on something that is tearing their nation apart. I support you Iphys and may you stay Okarir'tir for as long as you wish." 

One rebel scum comes across this missive, and chuckles derisively upon reading its contents. He then begins an arduous speech, careless and altogether untroubled by whatever souls were unfortunate enough to hear him "By staking a claim to a nonexistent throne and initiating a war against the official government of the Silver State, by conducting periodic raids which led to the deaths of many a 'thill, by sacking Karinah'siol and by capturing it, causing further death and destruction in all the city's districts, Ivarielle, directly and indirectly through her minions, has broken Article 1, Article 2, Article 3, Article 4, Article 5, Article 7 and Article 8 of the Obvious Laws. Seven Articles broken. And those are only of the Obvious Laws. Larihei only knows whatever Articles of the Dichotomy of Lewdness this 'fennic monster must have broken in private while in her igloo fortress back in the North." he ends with a singular phrase, uttering it while shaking his head vehemently, as if to further emphasize his point "The Silver Law is most definitely NOT at her side."

A Mali'thill scratched his chin, "The Silver Law should not take sides, trials are to be ran with fairness, those who have broken it then are punished accordingly."

"And so it begins." The elfess noted, performing a large calculation on a chalkboard in the depths of her home regarding a particularly volatile combination of alchemical symbols and signs.

The Senile Old Sutican thoroughly enjoyed the tea party that Sohaer Ivarielle held, much more enjoyable than all previous tea parties held in Haelun'or. Tea parties so terrible that they shouldve been illegal, The Senile Old Sutican is proud to attend a tea party that is backed by the law.

The Okarir'hiylun would read the missive from her secure home, a smile taking place on her features, "Lari'onn, you will have my support always and forever, no matter what obstacles we all face with our choices." She said, going to go find Iphys to grant her an embrace 

“I am beyond proud of you, lari’onn” 

Ayliana said as she read her sister’s missive. 

“For a brighter future.. may we break away from the chains of the past.”

Yet another missive to be rebuked! The handsome son of a beautiful elf speaks clearly in the open forums of his citystate! He will further espouse their Hypocracies every day!

----

Ivarielle is not a woman of false promise. I have seen her mercy; I have listened to a silver tongue that only an ‘aheral could use with such fluency. She came to me, with words that brought forth a new light. What she told me, it filled me with hope for the future of Haelun’or- she is the only one who can truly promise elven unity. She told me of her plans to improve our economic stability, to ensure that Haelunorian culture is not lost, but revived and cherished with each and every breath. She wants to strengthen our military, so that inside these walls, and on this island, we never face a threat again. This is not a woman who wants to destroy us, she is a woman who is desperate to save us.

"With this opening statement, not even by the end of the first sentenced you have uttered a falsity. You tell of her honeyed words, her sugar she wishes to feed into the ears of the fine elves, yet how come nobody has heard of her motives? The vagueties espoused could more easily be heard if those who followed her were not so overwhelmed with the warm feelings of serving someone 'greater' than them. You try to defend someone who has not only broken nearly every silver law, but has more than once promoted the killing and slaughter of the innocent denizens of our citystate, and lead many years of Cruel War upon our very walls. You speak of a depression we had suffered, was it not by her very own force? From the one MOST impure?"

----

I do expect slander, I expect the hate and the glares that will follow wherever I walk, but this is bigger than me, it is bigger than all of us. Far too long has Haelun’or been under the reign of tyrants who wish to hold power, who claim to want progress but stay stuck in the ways of old. It is men like Braxus Ni’leya, who claim to want democracy, then declare themselves Sohaer without even a single vote. I, personally, have never claimed to have been for democracy, before one wishes to use that to berate me. It is the heads of old, who deny that change needs to be made, who pull strings from the shadows- they are out of touch with what Haelun’or needs.

"Yet it is not slander you will receive from our blessed tongues, but knowing gazes as one who has not only stood by as those very Silver Laws you were put as 'Guardian' of are usurped, knowing gazes that you were the very Mali who allowed armed foreigners to enter our citystate without relinquishing their arms and armor, and by not refuting the slaughters or the crime, you have yourself chosen the side of injustice and non-law. Though, this must be easy for someone who, within this inner circle, is willing to openly speak her Hypocricy. You speak that a Braxus broke democracy by declaring himself Sohaer without a vote, yet no citizen has forgotten how the very She-Who-Was-Not espoused democracy and advocated for her, yet immediately usurped sohaership. It is as you say, you have never been for Democracy. Why? Do you wish to bend before another? For you say it is the old heads who pull strings, yet I did not have to mention your house-name. Shared with the rest of the false councilship"

----

Who better to guide us into a new light, if not Ivarielle, the one with the means and the heart to make the change.

"Than the most impure and accursed enemy of our silver citystate? ANYONE ELSE AT ALL!" Atop his block in the forums he laughs!

----

Thank you, Ivarielle, for showing me the meaning of fighting for what you believe in. You have strengthened me, and returned my faith in Haelun’or.

"Yet it is you who choose not to denounce or harangue but to surround yourself with those extremists, cultists of dark forces who seek not just to spill our blood, but do it freely without intervention, as the Sillumiran truly loyal to silver law would rather do. You show your hatred for our great laws, which uphold our many privileges, and your hatred for the actual people of this citystate that you would rather see your friends and comrades of decades cut down and butchered for parts. You held the trust of the citizenry for a time, yet once again it is proven that those who sought to govern us have turned their hearts to Ire from peace. Your methods, your execution, your action, have been sub-par, and so, I call for your resignation, Iphys. Your ways cursed."

Edited by SteppeNomad

The shortest Sillumir recalls the Okarir'tir's neutrality during the slaughter of multiple Sillumir members, he spits.

a sillumir gets the missive in his office " You are with them even when they killed our brothers and you said you couldn't do anything even when some 'fenn threw a spear in your leg you are still with them looks like Sixty-One did make a mistake "