[✗] [Addition] CA Race Lore: Conjuration Atronachs

TreeSmoothie

_sH11QGgVL0iboEKDj80azIbWOHotoh2bliP9D_rI0Y_Qt2T72dYWO-ZYfWQcDo4vmA8m60EHNzKlJCKEw42xbooVVpodsGo-ipPKqM7TUWP1heOutSrXs_HX1a12nRdaj-Sz0w4vuKdLf4K33y5pKI

Conjuration Atronachs - Solid

Born from the most peculiar of evocations, Conjuration Atronachs are composed of plant and animal matter, and have a great variety of appearances. Unlike other Solid atronachs, they have no hard shell or jagged shape, but typically a mixture of bark, flesh, scales, fur, and whatever else possibly conjured. As such, these creations have many mundane weaknesses - like flesh’s weakness to slicing, to bark’s weakness to fire and thus may have more plating than their other Solid brethren.

3GCIQVvxBYyczAPM1by0v5rpuFS8V5rWemezhXMcMfLb-0jejKU4RQekjjYt0VTePcvqzdoKFb5AM9Vmq0E82SNl-B1y3Ti9LjxC08ti-XCQmMJxzMGZ9hJB85a5qCQlJNvE8CX-lK6GxdrNW4PyRf4

Creating a Conjuration Atronach

In order to create a Conjuration Atronach, one requires Transfiguration, Life Evocation/Conjuration, and Atronach Forging to be present in the same place. Either the Atronach Forger may have all the magics required to forge the Atronach, or else they must use the help of other mages with the required magics. The process to create a Conjuration Atronach is the same as to create any other Atronach.

There is a unique caveat, however – all Conjuration Atronachs must have some plant matter on them that must have or exceed a 30/70 ratio (30% plant, 70% meat/bone/et Cetera or vice versa), but cannot be entirely plant or entirely meat.

Abilities of a Conjuration Atronach

Conjuration Atronachs, while solid, are not nearly as thick and sturdy. They can manipulate their evocation better than other Solid Atronachs for that fact in order to defend, fight, or simply entertain.

Evocational Affinity [Non-Combat] - As Atronachs are the literal embodiment of their evocations, it seems fitting that they are able to manipulate them to a very fine degree. This affinity allows them to create passive art with the evocation that they represent. 

Mechanics:

- Evocation Affinity allows for a Conjuration Atronach to create passive art using Life Evocation (Conjuration). This art can be as complex or as simple as they like, as they are not just masters but rather the embodiment of their ‘element’. Due to such, Conjuration Atronachs can conjure their element to the level of precision of a T5 Life Evocationist. This includes flesh, blood, et Cetera: see ‘Makeshift Conjuration’.

Redlines:

Spoiler

- Evocational Affinity can only be used in non-combat situations. It cannot be used to gain an advantage in combat. 

- All evocation art is limited by all the redlines of the original evocation. 

Transform [Non-Combat/Combat] - Due to their Evocation’s nature, Conjuration Atronachs may warp themselves accordingly with the magic they’re composed of.

Mechanics:

- Transform allows the atronach to warp a section of a limb with their plant or animal matter of choice. It may be used for combative or non-combative scenarios.

- Limbs of plant matter (such as a wooden hand, a few whip-like strands of thorns, etc) can be formed in 3 emotes and transformed back into a normal limb in 2.

- Limbs of animal matter (such as a bird’s talons, a human head to puppet with, etc) can be formed in 3 emotes and transformed back into a normal limb in 2.

Redlines:

Spoiler

- If Transform is used non-combatively, the transformation will return to normal if the Atronach enters combat.

- The sections of limbs that can be morphed include lower leg, forearm, upper arm, and upper leg. Non-combatively, the Atronach may create or warp their own head. 

- Only two sections may be morphed at a time. They may have the same Transformation.

- Limbs of plant matter are only as strong as their mundane counterparts. Thus, a stand of thorns are easily broken, twigs snap easily, leaves from a transformed branch aren’t sharp enough to cut, etc. 

- Limbs of animal matter retain no venom/harmful properties from fluids. A snake head on the Atronach’s hand would not poison, a Komodo Dragon head  wouldn’t have a bacteria-filled bite, etc.

- Limbs of animal matter are only as strong as their mundane counterparts. Tentacle-arms can cling but they cannot lift much, a paw is not dexterous, etc.

Grapple [Non-Combat/Combat] - By conjuring particularly thick  strands of plant life and sinew in their palm, they can send it forth to drag or grapple something.

Mechanics:

Grapple allows the atronach to grab ahold of something with vines, strands of sinew, tentacles, et cetera. They can look however the construct would like to some extent (such as being covered in flowers, made of snakes, thorns up to 2 inches long, etc). Their appearance is largely aesthetic and causes little harm to their captor (i.e., thorns being easily broken or being bitten by the snakes causing only tiny punctures).

- Non-Combative: Can be used for construction work, saving a cat from a tree, etc. Takes two emotes [charge + shoot vines], and can grapple up to 700 lbs to lift/drag/etc before they begin snapping and breaking.

- Combative: Can be used to trip a large foe, gather a rock to fling from the environment, etc. Takes three emotes [2 charging + shoot], and can grapple up to 450 lbs to lift/drag/etc. If the target is heavier, the vines will simply try to hold them in place until broken and have its durability halved.

Redlines:

Spoiler

- Grappling conjurations can withstand 3 chops of a sword/axe/etc or 2 emotes of being lit on fire until that area is chopped/burnt off. A being with Uruk strength or greater can tear away sections in 2 emotes (1st emote tearing/grabbing at, 2nd emote being freed) as well. 

- Either of the weight limits can be doubled by using both hands (costing five emotes), useful in group situations with other Conjuration Atronachs, or up against a behemoth threat. If using both hands, their durability increases to 5 chops by a sword/axe/etc and/or 3 emotes of being lit on fire. A being with Olog strength or greater can tear themselves away in 2 emotes, and a being with Uruk strength in 3.

Contingency [Combat] - When a Conjuration Atronach’s core is at a critical level, it can expel itself completely, exploding into hundreds of pieces of jagged bones, blood, sap, and thorns which fly in every direction. 

Mechanics:

- Contingency causes large (2-4 inch long) shards of bone, thorns (up to 4 inches in length), blood, and sap to be expelled within the area of its death.

- The projectiles are sharp and will fly up to the speed of a crossbow bolt in every direction, embedding themselves in the skin and causing severe bruises or puncture wounds. 

- Contingency has a radius of up to seven blocks and the projectiles will vanish once they either miss or hit their target.

- Dodging such an attack is near impossible within the blast radius due to the amount and size of particles. 

Redlines:

Spoiler

- This attack can only be used when the Atronach is at critical core level or is about to perish.

- An Atronach using Contingency is incredibly obvious and is not something that can be done subtly. 

Atronachs Weaknesses

Conjuration Atronachs are the weakest (in terms of physical hardiness/resilience) of their Solid brethren due to their flesh, plants, and bones.

Conjuration Atronachs, being solid, hold a weakness to blunt trauma. In areas covered by bark or bone, their shells can quickly crack, while areas more fleshy risk the bones inside of them breaking. Fleshy areas are as weak to pierces & slashes as their mortal counterparts are, while areas of bark/bone might simply be chipped or scratched. Their largest weakness of all is Fire, which will quite quickly burn areas of them that are plant and burn fleshly patches like charcoal. Their core can only take 4 hits before being incapacitated.

Overall Redlines and Guidelines

Spoiler

- Per Conjuration redlines, no plants or animals’ venoms/toxins/etc hold their original properties if harmful - at most, causing slight discomfort and itching. As such, a Conjuration Atronach cannot use or be made of plants that cause deadly reactions in real life and may, at most, only  cause itchy/unpleasant feelings.

- A Conjuration Atronach has the strength of a Human Knight.

- Conjuration Atronachs must have a 30/70 ratio of plant and meat, or vice versa (i.e.: atronach that mimics a skinwalker, with poison ivy growing out of its ribs and arms, or an atronach that looks like a zombie having roses grow from its eyesockets and wounds).

- Conjuration Atronachs can wield any weaponry such as longswords, bows, et cetera provided they have proper hands and strength.

- Requires life evocation (conjuration), transfiguration, and atronach forging to create, and requires a valid CA to play as well as a valid creator.

Citations

TreeSmoothie - Writer

TheGekko, Mika1278, others - Feedback

AnythingGoes - Conjuration Lore

oop! Conju Atro time!

I approve

+1, though please add atronach limbs onto the amendment too!

we do not need even more atronachs... especially not fake treant atronachs...

Expected more blood or craziness with chimeric alteration idk extra eyes and such, but as a baseline, seems decent and cool. :)

conjuration this conjuration that when are u gonna conjure urself some *******

2 hours ago, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

i find it interesting that i mentioned writing conjuration atronachs in a discussion with you a few weeks back, and you have now posted a lore with the same abilities i had described.

This was being written back before Christmas (with the abilities pre written as well), of which I can show the history for- you said you'd post your conj atronach lore (which I've never even seen) in January, it's been 4 months. Only posted this because people were asking why I shelved it. If you'd like to accuse me of copying lore you've only mentioned the name of to me and said 'you might write', file a moderation report rather than complaining on the lore piece itself, please. 

Also, you said they'd be liquid? With no mention of abilities, how they'd look, etc besides this and a few other msgs:

Screenshot_20230405_230953_Discord.jpg

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/224927-report-treesmoothie-anythinggoes/

People tweaking like the whole concept of Atronach isn't CTRL + C and then CTRL + V... There's nothing original about this specific lore (referring to atronachs as a whole). You can't possibly accuse someone of plagiariasm (directly or subtly so) about something that they've written because it is similar or alike to what you had in mind and what you publicly divulged in a discord without defined mechanics; meaning that no, your abilities were not stolen because you had ideas about how they could work. They were unfinished products that somebody else is free to take inspiration from (and so they have) because this is not real life. You don't own the rights to your intellectual property to the same degree that you may do outside of the server, and if you think you do, please change that mindset ASAP. 

It's just baffling to think that an atronach submission, out of everything, has been plagiarized from (once again) ideas that were hardly formulated with any overly descriptive detail, mechanics, or redlines. This lore is literally the same thing but with a different font and a different aesthetic based on the magic used; there is little room to the imagination, so obviously endproducts are going to be rather congruent and similar with one another. 

Overall just start using common sense, thanks @LoTC's Next Top Model

2 hours ago, VictoriaMinaj said:

People tweaking like the whole concept of Atronach isn't CTRL + C and then CTRL + V... There's nothing original about this specific lore (referring to atronachs as a whole). You can't possibly accuse someone of plagiariasm (directly or subtly so) about something that they've written because it is similar or alike to what you had in mind and what you publicly divulged in a discord without defined mechanics; meaning that no, your abilities were not stolen because you had ideas about how they could work. They were unfinished products that somebody else is free to take inspiration from (and so they have) because this is not real life. You don't own the rights to your intellectual property to the same degree that you may do outside of the server, and if you think you do, please change that mindset ASAP. 

It's just baffling to think that an atronach submission, out of everything, has been plagiarized from (once again) ideas that were hardly formulated with any overly descriptive detail, mechanics, or redlines. This lore is literally the same thing but with a different font and a different aesthetic based on the magic used; there is little room to the imagination, so obviously endproducts are going to be rather congruent and similar with one another. 

erm no 🥺🥸 so clearly conjuration is my property erhm it’s just common courtesy to speak to me about my lore obviously duh 🥸 but if u do talk to me about it im gonna say don’t post it erm okay ?

@LoTC's Next Top Model @TreeSmoothie

I'll address this to both of you since there seems to be some tension and I'll be clarifying this topic and future ones. 

Writing lore on the server and having it accepted does not give the writer(s) sole reign over it and the community it's based around. No individual can control who writes a rewrite, additions, amendments, etc. You can be considerate and come to the creator(s) and asked their thoughts and suggestions. This is fine and generally can soothe tensions and not create splits generally. But no one is obligated too and you certainly don't have to work with them either.  Because lore in and of itself is made for the community it wishes to maintain and/or create. Not a sole individual or faction of a group within it. 

Be respectful at those that have made the lore possible, but also be humble by those that wish to continue the work or wish to add in making it better for the community overall. 

Most importantly, Have fun writing and remain civil. 

3 hours ago, VictoriaMinaj said:

i disagree with virtually all of this. atronachs are decently varied; earth atronachs are based largely around shifting their mass like changeling from dota 2, while sand atronachs (from the same evocation) are area of effect based casters. i think this mindset is as reductive to tree and the og writer of atronachs as it is to me, and even moreso than i was in making my original comment. i do not really understand the point you are making here, as if i'm supposed to go "oh, so tree ACTUALLY ripped off og conjurations! there's still nothing original here! sorry tree, actually, you just ctrl-c ctrl-v'd atronach lore! you didn't do anything of value!", because i wouldn't say that either, and i don't believe that. very, very bizarre. i really don't understand what you're trying to convince me of.

This lore is literally the same thing but with a different font and a different aesthetic based on the magic used;

apparently i think higher of this lore post tree has made than you do, if you think it's just a blatant copy-paste job with a 'new aesthetic'. no other atronach has animal shapeshifting or a hyper grapple. these abilities are unique to this. in combat, they would have completely different capabilities to, say, a /fire/ atronach, which is able to hunker down and become artillery. there is definite creativity and artistic writing on display here, regardless of other thoughts i may have, and even if i still thought tree had blindly stolen these ideas from me (i do not, any longer. i had a moment of frustration, and i am sorry.), i would never go so far as to say it was a post completely lacking of original content.

i find this more insulting than i find the post from werew0lf directly mocking me, and it's not even directed towards me. be wary of friendly fire.

furthermore... i never said i "own" conjuration. i don't go around threatening people not to make lore posts. check the ban report to see screenshots of this : ). i find what you're saying bizarre, though. "actually, it's not real life, so we shouldn't show each other respect! credits and inspiration have no reason to be listed or asked permission for!". i don't even think it's a requirement, i just think it's good form. i think we should encourage people to be respectful and collaborative. i think we should encourage freely talking with each other. i think these are things that can really open up the server and bring more people into writing, to be seen and respected as a fellow contributer of the server, an equal.

saying "but it's not real life" is a bad excuse to discourage respecting people.

46 minutes ago, NightcastorKitty said:

I'll address this to both of you since there seems to be some tension and I'll be clarifying this topic and future ones. 

Writing lore on the server and having it accepted does not give the writer(s) sole reign over it and the community it's based around. No individual can control who writes a rewrite, additions, amendments, etc. You can be considerate and come to the creator(s) and asked their thoughts and suggestions. This is fine and generally can soothe tensions and not create splits generally. But no one is obligated too and you certainly don't have to work with them either.  Because lore in and of itself is made for the community it wishes to maintain and/or create. Not a sole individual or faction of a group within it. 

Be respectful at those that have made the lore possible, but also be humble by those that wish to continue the work or wish to add in making it better for the community overall. 

Most importantly, Have fun writing and remain civil. 

i never claimed reign over anything, nor do i go out of my way to block people from writing things. i openly welcome colloboration. meteor_dragon and SRI, two people who have written/contributed greatly to previous amendments, are people i have next to no interaction with outside of conj lore related discussions. they are not part of my inner circle, or people i 'allow' to do things at expense of others. they wrote changes, i agreed with them, i gave them thumbs up/integrated their feedback. i want only for conj to be the best state it can be. i will argue against this misrepresentation of myself as some psycho lore tyrant to the death.

that aside, tree has been nothing but cordial outside of that, related to this situation, going so far as to alter their report to address me as something i'd prefer. i regret not broaching this to them privately, as this misunderstanding could've easily been defused.

all that aside, i do not feel this is the proper place to have these discussions (on a lore post). i'd request anyone with jeers or arguements to have with me please deposit them in my lotc inbox, rather than flooding this thread. thank you in advance.

Edited by LoTC's Next Top Model

so i'll try to leave some actual feedback on the write to steer this thread in a diff direction

The concept as a whole is pretty cool, though the existence of a conjuration atronach is a little asynchronous with the theming of evocations as the primary atronach types (except telekinetic, which is kind of a stupid type anyways imo) That said, this write could definitely use some fleshing out, stuff like this spell

13 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Grapple [Non-Combat/Combat] - By conjuring particularly thick  strands of plant life and sinew in their palm, they can send it forth to drag or grapple something.

Mechanics:

Grapple allows the atronach to grab ahold of something with vines, strands of sinew, tentacles, et cetera. They can look however the construct would like to some extent (such as being covered in flowers, made of snakes, thorns up to 2 inches long, etc). Their appearance is largely aesthetic and causes little harm to their captor (i.e., thorns being easily broken or being bitten by the snakes causing only tiny punctures).

- Non-Combative: Can be used for construction work, saving a cat from a tree, etc. Takes two emotes [charge + shoot vines], and can grapple up to 700 lbs to lift/drag/etc before they begin snapping and breaking.

- Combative: Can be used to trip a large foe, gather a rock to fling from the environment, etc. Takes three emotes [2 charging + shoot], and can grapple up to 450 lbs to lift/drag/etc. If the target is heavier, the vines will simply try to hold them in place until broken and have its durability halved.

Redlines:

Reveal hidden contents

- Grappling conjurations can withstand 3 chops of a sword/axe/etc or 2 emotes of being lit on fire until that area is chopped/burnt off. A being with Uruk strength or greater can tear away sections in 2 emotes (1st emote tearing/grabbing at, 2nd emote being freed) as well. 

- Either of the weight limits can be doubled by using both hands (costing five emotes), useful in group situations with other Conjuration Atronachs, or up against a behemoth threat. If using both hands, their durability increases to 5 chops by a sword/axe/etc and/or 3 emotes of being lit on fire. A being with Olog strength or greater can tear themselves away in 2 emotes, and a being with Uruk strength in 3.

needs a lot more redlines on it stating like the extent to which things can be thrown (I can see ppl powergaming that since they can lift 450lbs they'd be able to essentially chuck a 150lb human with this) and this spell is just too strong in general, 3 emotes to lift 450lbs is rather ridiculous, and no range is specified, etc. and this seems to be the main ability of this creature so it surely would need some specificity in its use.

Overall the idea is interesting but I think it could use some more fleshing out before adding it is debated

44 minutes ago, sam33497 said:

so i'll try to leave some actual feedback on the write to steer this thread in a diff direction

The concept as a whole is pretty cool, though the existence of a conjuration atronach is a little asynchronous with the theming of evocations as the primary atronach types (except telekinetic, which is kind of a stupid type anyways imo) That said, this write could definitely use some fleshing out, stuff like this spell

needs a lot more redlines on it stating like the extent to which things can be thrown (I can see ppl powergaming that since they can lift 450lbs they'd be able to essentially chuck a 150lb human with this) and this spell is just too strong in general, 3 emotes to lift 450lbs is rather ridiculous, and no range is specified, etc. and this seems to be the main ability of this creature so it surely would need some specificity in its use.

Overall the idea is interesting but I think it could use some more fleshing out before adding it is debated

True! I'll do some refining of it later today, thank you for the feedback!

4 hours ago, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

i disagree with virtually all of this. atronachs are decently varied; earth atronachs are based largely around shifting their mass like changeling from dota 2, while sand atronachs (from the same evocation) are area of effect based casters. i think this mindset is as reductive to tree and the og writer of atronachs as it is to me, and even moreso than i was in making my original comment. i do not really understand the point you are making here, as if i'm supposed to go "oh, so tree ACTUALLY ripped off og conjurations! there's still nothing original here! sorry tree, actually, you just ctrl-c ctrl-v'd atronach lore! you didn't do anything of value!", because i wouldn't say that either, and i don't believe that. very, very bizarre. i really don't understand what you're trying to convince me of.

You are missing the whole point and trying to deflect. The whole conceptualization that comes with the idea of atronachs at large is fundamentally, when devolved to its most natural state, the same altogether--each subtype under this specific lore branch is as a whole a derivative of the main and general design written in for an atronach, and literally the only difference that significantly distinguishes each different subtype is their classification divided in liquid and/or solid (which disproves any notion that the types of atronachs listed down are any dissimilar from one another, because every solid atronach and every liquid atronach is able to achieve the same potential described in your examples in every capacity; they are all the same). What you don't understand, and what I am trying to point out, is the fact that you think somebody posting lore for something that is heavily reliant on following the established theme (both in terms of conceptualization and abilities) of the magic lore that it is being based on is plagiarizing your underdeveloped ideas--atronachs are by far one of the only submissions that leaves little room to one's imagination when paired up with another lore page (because as mentioned it then relies on the thematical mechanics of said lore), so it is going to be unavoidable for endproducts to not be consistent with one another. Immediately jumping to the conclusion that your "work" has been stolen when you hadn't even provided an actual definitive design for the ideas (not abilities) that you shared in a public platform is simply perplexing and you should probably shift from that approach towards concepts tied with something that you have written in the past. Your ideas couldn't have differed much from what Tree had been working on since December of last year and to think otherwise is essentially feeding into a delusion, and that is the point that I am trying to make. Just have common sense when it comes to these things, especially so if you are aiming to deliver unsubstantiated accusations that lead nowhere like the one from before.

apparently i think higher of this lore post tree has made than you do, if you think it's just a blatant copy-paste job with a 'new aesthetic'. no other atronach has animal shapeshifting or a hyper grapple. these abilities are unique to this. in combat, they would have completely different capabilities to, say, a /fire/ atronach, which is able to hunker down and become artillery. there is definite creativity and artistic writing on display here, regardless of other thoughts i may have, and even if i still thought tree had blindly stolen these ideas from me (i do not, any longer. i had a moment of frustration, and i am sorry.), i would never go so far as to say it was a post completely lacking of original content.

I have already explained what you did not understand in both previous messages. Atronachs in general are fundamentally structured in the very same fashion and thematic approach; meaning that no, none of the subtypes differ from one another any more than what their types (solid and liquid) allow them to. They are inherently the same thing with a series of traits and capacities that slightly vary depending on the affinity of whatever external lore is being used (the evocations and now conjuration), and semantics regarding one or two abilities that may somewhat dissimilate a certain subtype from another are wholly unnecessary because the point still stands true--whether it be fire, water, air, or earth (disregarding telekinesis for this in specific), every subtype is essentially the same thing, the same concept: they all either take after the characteristics related to the type of atronach that they have been written as, solid or liquid. An ice atronach (solid) can achieve the same purpose that you had described as an example evident of earth atronachs--why? Because they are fundamentally the same, being the same type of atronach with a slight variance in terms of abilities and combat utility. Same goes for liquid atronachs and their many different subtypes. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cc6dec966dab4e9c0bdd15361abbe510.png

image.thumb.png.de4a2b3cf3593dd50b86ab4889dfcbc9.png

image.thumb.png.9bad126dbf79d42c1b3d86c02f095779.pngimage.thumb.png.7dfe41b0420519d5339a401d7f6c1f61.pngimage.thumb.png.ba83b70e73c7de794837f77bccdae58a.pngimage.thumb.png.bed7815699260458a6acd186e2cf12b2.pngimage.thumb.png.be27ee573d39e68425b95709d95f0cbe.pngimage.thumb.png.3a462c90098379a943fe8a8fc1557da4.pngimage.thumb.png.7f9fe01e9923233834df475357f7df17.pngimage.thumb.png.793a7b34a2de05b4389f716a735fb8c2.pngimage.thumb.png.97f26bb1983c3ab6fbc9af8be0be388d.pngimage.thumb.png.e39ca9997ca43a811f6cf83487ef5314.pngimage.thumb.png.2e77ffc5aa3596530c948bf47e626aa7.png

These are most of the abilities across each atronach subtype that are fundamentally the same when compared with another, and this is what I was referring to at large.

furthermore... i never said i "own" conjuration. i don't go around threatening people not to make lore posts. check the ban report to see screenshots of this : ). i find what you're saying bizarre, though. "actually, it's not real life, so we shouldn't show each other respect! credits and inspiration have no reason to be listed or asked permission for!". i don't even think it's a requirement, i just think it's good form. i think we should encourage people to be respectful and collaborative. i think we should encourage freely talking with each other. i think these are things that can really open up the server and bring more people into writing, to be seen and respected as a fellow contributer of the server, an equal.

I'm going to simply say that harassment goes a long, long way beyond insults and (direct or subtle) verbal aggressions. You don't earn respect by making lore. Nor should you expect it any more than any other person on this server simply because you wrote lore for a magic archetype that takes precedence in server history and general fantasy niches.