Rune of Ahad

christman

The 'ker stayed seated on one of his kitchen chairs tapping the edge of his boot over and over again on the wooden floor of his home "I wished we could have at least talked one more time..." The 'ker attempted to keep himself calm but the feeling of anger started to grow deeply  within him making him chuckle with fear  "Though i am not surprised of this news. . Paladins always die honorably in battle." Placing a hand to the top of his head the 'ker hunched himself over the wooden table shaking with his anger making his voice tremble with horror and fear  "Taken away by the filth that stains the soil of this world.. May they all be cursed to eternal suffering and sent to the deepest parts of the void to be devoured. May they all suffer painful deaths like no other i hope the worst for them. A brutal and slow demise. I hope to slay them myself"  The 'ker could not hold it in anymore setting into the full feeling of grief for his teacher. . . He could not help but burst into a full on cry even though he did not feel attach to her, memories of they're past flooded him. He crumbled onto the floor with the overwhelming feelings of pure anger, fear and deeply imbedded sadness 

The old elf Seth Calith, watching over his shoulder for just a brief moment was considering, it has been some time since he last spotted the supposedly pure paladin, he allowed the thought to float, last time was before the end of Savoy, before the end of Asul'hilleia. Maybe the mori had slain her, maybe she was just busy, getting herself into trouble as a chapterless paladin. Maybe she was the one to send the assassin after him. There was truely no way for him to know, sometimes elves just go missing. Sometimes they die quiet deaths alone. He glanced about, still alone, still no assassin. Good.

well atleast shes in xans palace now

"What can one say, of one slain by the twin horns of dominance and fury? Oh Rune. Your beauty unmatched. May you gaze upon us from larihei's celestial cihi. May you be spared the fate of those men of Xan, consumed to fuel their demiurge. Hail Rune! Hail! Your deeds unforgotten!"

A shieldesss frowned pondering if rune would ever return to help fix what was once lost. Even if it was desecrated things can be cleaned and made new.

Only after nearly a century of silence did the long-lived Gaelunduyn realize.

"...You did well, my student."

His voice harboured a hint of lamentation. Though his condolence was shut away from the world by his confining helm.. it was palpable, pristine.

Somewhere within the cherry blossoms, Gael pours a cup of rice wine from right to left upon a makeshift memorial in her honour, a libation under the gaze of Zanu, and the Kami.

leVsHmi6WpXrPWo57MVCipFhQNLW82lpiyYx4IMzfszj5NU6smJ-5XLpVP_81nCpqF2EJaO1WvRHNfEMpSNAdwkbpbZRXcaGZc9h77ZKUIuq06jtXjT_hKeGDUOWf5xr2G6cXRFJYVj9HXP-r_qxO1k

News reached Richard while he was marooned on the island of the Betrayer. He paced back upon hearing the lie, laughter escaping him in disbelief. He shook his head slowly, though it only quickened, inquiry slamming one after another. Eyes widening, breathing hastening before all stopped. “No! You did not see the body!” his voice grew in accusatory fury. A defiant last act to the truth laid before him.

Alas, his vessel betrayed him, his eyes leaked, collapsing into a sobbing prayer without hope of salvation. Consumed by guilt, he instinctively reached for his dagger. The cold steel shakily brought towards him offered a promising justice for his absence. A voice from behind, a voice of restraint, a voice to compel him to remain. His time on this realm could not end just yet. For there was one last mission he had left, not for anyone else, but for her.

Holding upon the sword Gratia, the sword of Rune, the Warden laments beside a certain marker laid within an unremarkable forest near Nichi-Jin. 

Rune Viradiraar Othaman
When you live, love
Tear away duty’s chains
Fate beckons faster than destiny

Memories of this past life haunted him; his absence towards her end tore at him. He was despicable to her at the start, but she became his childhood friend, his fellow disciple, his love, his wife. There was no word of her demise when he was on the road. Not even a passing comment, only a dismissive answer a lifetime later. The marker remained, a silent witness to her passing, visited only by a recurring silver light every month.

“I will be home soon, please wait for me”