LotC Development II: Faith and Nations

Aesopian

Read the sections in the post below, and then come back to this poll to leave your opinion.  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Faith

• This should be added to the server as it currently is.
    • This should be added to the server as it currently is, but minor changes could make this better [state below].
    • This shouldn't be added to the server without major changes [state below].
    • This should never be added to the server in any form.
  2. 2. Nations

• This should be added to the server as it currently is, but changes in its mathematics would make this even better.
    • This should be added to the server as it currently is, but minor changes outside of mathematics could make this better [state below].
  3. 3. Religious Leaders

• This should be added to the server as it currently is, but changes in its mathematics would make this even better.
    • This should be added to the server as it currently is, but minor changes outside of mathematics could make this better [state below].
  4. 4. Spending Faith Points: Nations

• This should be added to the server as it currently is, but changes in its valuations would make this even better.
    • This should be added to the server as it currently is, but some of the options should be removed, or I feel some new options should be added, or some other change should be made [state below].
  5. 5. Spending Faith Points: Religious Leaders

• This should be added to the server as it currently is, but changes in its valuations would make this even better.
    • This should be added to the server as it currently is, but some of the options should be removed, or I feel some new options should be added, or some other change should be made [state below].
  6. 6. How strongly do you agree with this statement: 'religion should have a mechanical impact on nations'

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • No Opinion
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  7. 7. How strongly do you agree with this statement: 'religion should be the focus of more event-lines on LotC'

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • No Opinion
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  8. 8. How strongly do you agree with this statement: 'religions should have artifacts which possess significant mechanical effects capable of meaningfully influencing nations'

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • No Opinion
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  9. 9. How strongly do you agree with this statement: 'this poll is beneficial to the server, and more polls like this should be done in the future'

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • No Opinion
    • Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree
  10. 10. Do you think religion should have a greater role in national political mechanics (e.g. providing discounts to war claims under certain circumstances)?

• Yes
    • No

Is this only used for wars where the casus belli is based on religion or any war? 

3 hours ago, Aesopian said:
  • Deus Vult (200 Faith Points): Halve the cost of all warclaims for your nation, for the next two months. 
  • Treasury Contributions (100 Faith Points):  Add 1000 mina to your nation's treasury.
  • Religious Activity (40 Faith Points): Waive the activity check for your nation, once.
  • Holy Knights (20 Faith Points per Player): Waive the cost of a mercenary for your nation for one warclaim.

Praying for money, LOL! Faith Points is not a good idea and I don't think it should be added to LOTC in any form. Realms and activity checks are enough gamification already. 'Faith Points' sounds more like something you'd find in a JRPG, not a dynamic roleplaying server.

I think most religious RPers on LOTC are happy enough keeping their faiths as purely RP driven instead of focused around financial or warclaim benefits like some sort of strange Cargo Cult. No need to min/max religions like it's EU4 and you really want that extra dev cost and manpower recovery from (insert religion) or the war score cost against other religion by converting to (insert other religion).

Crusader-Kings-3-How-to-Get-Piety.jpg

I heckin' love abstract currencies impacting server dynamics.

In all seriousness, we really don't need a system like this. What impact religion has should be handled through RP and not mechanics.

Religions should spread and be influential because they provide and facilitate meaningful and interesting rp, not because of pixels and points.

I seriously think more time, thought, and effort should be being put into projects like the nodes system, rather than moving on from that before people are really happy with it.

you shouldn't be posting these on behalf of development because they're your pipedreams and don't represent your team.

probably don't use misleading titles

21 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

you shouldn't be posting these on behalf of development because they're your pipedreams and don't represent your team.

don’t buy any unripe bananas yeaahhh because you won’t live to dev em 

21 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Ki1xH4c.png

Sorry, didn't realize it being in the second sentence of a two-sentence post would be 'buried too deep' for you to read.

I'll make sure to correct that, next time.

:)

29 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

Ki1xH4c.png

Sorry, didn't realize it being in the second sentence of a two-sentence post would be 'buried too deep' for you to read.

I'll make sure to correct that, next time.

:)

look I normally don't read more than one sentence of your posts so that's on me

2 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

look I normally don't read more than one sentence of your posts so that's on me

Good start, but let's get that number down to 0, and have you not read my posts at all.

Long time cult leader here, I generally dislike the idea of nations declaring acceptable religions because it further ostracizes attempts to introduce new faiths to a group by adding another layer of obstacles.  Like the other concepts, but the barrier for entry to making anything new in LOTC is already too high - lets not add new systems that penalized what a clique deems as a threat to their activity numbers. 

i hate the hoi4-ification of lotc

y'all thinking 4x

im thinking mobile game

lotc turning into raid shadow legends out here

pay 100 crowns to decrease your crafting time to expand your tile boys

12 hours ago, Borin said:

I do also worry staff are bad at religion events and will screw shit up and not care abt the consequences. Its one thing messing with something staff-driven but its a whole other thing messing w something player-driven like Canonism or Red Faithism. (God egg shit retarded)

This exactly. I play highly religious characters and am in real life very devoutly a religious scholar. MCRP has a habit of massively trivializing religious matters, and many fail to understand the significance a single word or action can have for an entire religion. Whole sects have risen and fallen over the seemingly smallest things rising out of the New and Old Testament, now imagine you have Canonist Metatron warping in to make an amongus joke or something. I really fervently believe people who are not deeply religious cannot create storylines that are. The whole God Egg thing couldn't prove this more. (God egg shit retarded[2])