A Decade as an LOTCer [AMA]

Proddy

Would you say that there is some personal part of you present within your characters' story/personality/actions?

44 minutes ago, Agy said:

Would you say that there is some personal part of you present within your characters' story/personality/actions?

I think it's nearly impossible to play on this server, where lots of people play more so out of OOC ambition rather than wanting to play a real, believable character, and not have at least one incident where self-bleed influences a decision or choice your character makes.

Whilst I was certainly 'that guy' to an extent in the past, I think over the past year or two I've gotten much better at playing characters that feel like their own independent entities and not just characters that are characters who make decisions that benefit me OOCly sometimes. The best advice I could really give for that is to play personas that are so far apart from your IRL personality and history that there is really no way for self-bleed to be possible without you feeling like you've mucked up afterward. It can be difficult sometimes because you have to get into a totally different headspace or mindset - one thing I do personally is consider possible scenarios that your character might be involved with in your head, and think logically and without bias how they'd respond. It helps to have a properly established backstory and a good memory of choices they've made in the past, associations and the general outlook of the world they hold and what their prevailing philosophy is. Character building before you even start playing the character is crucial to creating a persona that feels organic, consistent and most importantly of all - believable. It's a really underrated thing on here and sadly not something that's done enough I don't think.

The only thing I'd still say could count as personal influence within my characters is that I do sometimes envision routes that I'd like to take them before I begin playing them. Sometimes I try and follow these narrative paths, other times I go in a completely opposite direction. That's the beauty of dynamic roleplay, and it's rarely ever disappointing to me these days if an aim I have for a character doesn't pan out 100%. 

What is one of the most disturbing/disgusting experiences you’ve had on LOTC? 

27 minutes ago, EmiliainWonderland said:

What encouraged you to stay so long? From a fellow old player.

(Though you've got me beat by nearly 3 years!)

I think it's a mixture of still wanting to do things with my friends that are still here and still enjoying MCRP as a platform for roleplay. Out of every roleplay platform I've tried, MCRP is still the one that I think allows the most freedom and has the most potential. Stuff like DND is fun but it can be both very linear and very restrictive in building your own character outside of what your party needs and requires you to be, and forum RPGs and PbPs are a mixed bag in quality.

19 minutes ago, clonky said:

What is one of the most disturbing/disgusting experiences you’ve had on LOTC? 

Tough question lmfao.

In terms of what's the worst thing I've seen in roleplay, I remember distinctly back in Anthos that some Orc (can't remember what the players MC name was for the life of me) emoted urinating and then bending over to defecate on somebody elses character and I happened to be stood right next to where this was going on. Naturally the other player was grossed out by this and protested it in LOOC and there was a big back and forth about whether scat RP was rule breaking for a good 20 minutes. I don't even think staff were online to tell the Orc player to cut it out.

Out of character? The various pedos/groomers that got outed that were once either people that were my friends or people I thought highly of and respected. Not gonna mention their names and give them power (I'm sure you know of one of them) but it's always really eye-opening to see just what people on here can be capable of behind your back.

Any niche, magic, rp, whatever it might be that you still would like to do one day?

9 minutes ago, PerfectlyPeachy said:

top 5 favourite times of hexer rp GO

1) beast of mordskov event

2) white gull spirit vision event (trial 3)

3) the fall of kivdrona

4) the coup of kivdrona

5) the edmond rescue mission

1 hour ago, SlitheryC1 said:

what is love?

baby don't hurt me

1 hour ago, NLThomas said:

Any niche, magic, rp, whatever it might be that you still would like to do one day?

Niches, I don't know. That sorta stuff only really comes to me whilst I'm planning for new characters. Magics? I'd say that I'd like to try all of them eventually but that's just not realistic. Seer is really well written and I love how open ended and freeform it is. Naztherak would be fun one day also cause I'm big demonology nerd. Necromancy and mystics are another two which I think look cool, not really sure what kind of character I'd play in regards to those two though.

Just now, Traveller said:

did you bring the thanhium sword over in vault

i still got it : ^)

kNOMqp_m32ZcR7xLYlHV2hXodJg1Iv_PzWsKgT_vxyqIZyj6K2_hfo7mDKgX_iZhpEfKTRJbkyq6UQPK9O12BJPiemlQL-AWYPk3Ty2VR8TvZ92EJXLLplCsn8gq9-3s49aiWfyIqsvPLZU7TYZQDA

11 hours ago, warlord of filth said:

have u kept up on the new berserk chapters and do u think they’re doing miura proud? 

I have been yeah. It’s funny because I got introduced to and became a fan of the series a while after Miura’a passing, not long after Chapter 364 came out. So I’m not used to the wait between issues at all and now I know how the old fans feel. Can only imagine the agony people felt during the waits between chapters in the entire boat arc.

If the series didn’t continue in any way, shape or form after 364 and that was the final chapter, then I think I would’ve been content with it. But Kouji Mori is the best man they could have found to continue Berserk when you consider how close him and Miura were and how much of the stories details he shared with him. I think the new chapters so far have been great, I’m even liking the art style. Some panels really remind me of Conviction and I think that’s the highest praise I can give it. I don’t know if it’ll get the ending Miura intended (unless he shared the ending in detail with Mori, though everything I can see indicates that he didn’t) but I still do think that Mori will be able to wrap everything up in a way that’s satisfying and we’ll get something close to what Miura envisioned for the finale.

Edit: Mori not Miyazaki, I got mixed up

Methenamine recipe? 

9 minutes ago, flexMate said:

Methenamine recipe? 

Meth 🧪 Recipe 📖

Ingredients ✌🥕:

-Acetone 😖💩, from paint 🖼 thinner 🏃‍♀️ or nail 💅🏽🙅🏽 polish 💅 remover 🙅‍♂️🚫.

-Anhydrous ammonia, found 🔎 in various 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦🛂 household 🏡 cleaners .

-Sulfuric 🔥 acid 👍 or hydrochloric acid 👍, which is typically 👩‍🎤 extracted from over-the-counter drain 😩 cleaners 🛁🚿.

-Toluene from brake fluid 💦🌊♻.

-Phosphorous, extracted from flares , matches 🔥, and other substances 🍻.

-Ether or chloroform ✂😎.

-Freon 🚬 from air-conditioning units 🍝.

-Energy 🔋 drink 🍸🍹🍷 instead 🚔 of using 🏻 over-the-counter medications 🏥.

-Alcohol 🍸🍺🍻.

-Benzene and gasoline.

-Lithium, which is removed from car 🚗 batteries 🔋.

4 💦 Steps 👞 to make 💘 Meth 💊:

1 ) Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine is combined 💦 with ammonia and lithium or iodine and phosphorus. 2 ✌‼) Mixed 😂 in with water 💧.

3 🕘) A solvent 👍🅱 like 💖 gasoline is added , and the person 👫 extracts 🦇 the methamphetamine 😒💉💊.

4 💦) The mixture 🔀 is heated 🎼🐨👉🏼 by using 🙏🏻 the acid 👍 or some other substance 🍮 (e.g 🅾., gasoline) to crystallize 🕸🐞 the product 🏭🔨🔧.