[✓] [Magic Lore] Malchediael's Radiant Templars

Islamadon

How do you intend to handle the matter of the population of Druidic Templars given you've entirely cut their compatibility? This would even disconnect such individuals as Bhased, the writer of the current gen of templar, from the magic. 

BABE WAKE UP NEW TEMPLAR REWRITE DROPPED

39 minutes ago, Valannor said:

How do you intend to handle the matter of the population of Druidic Templars given you've entirely cut their compatibility? This would even disconnect such individuals as Bhased, the writer of the current gen of templar, from the magic. 

The unfortunate truth is that Druidic Templars are a paradox in that they hold multiple deific connections, when Malch would more than likely say "no lol". Its an answer that's blunt but compatibility doesn't make sense, and there really isn't a solution aside from saying "make a choice".

EDIT:
My prior comment is my "proactive" solution, as in - its how we'd have to handle it in the future. But as a "reactive" solution, IDM letting the current people keep their compatibility like the recent Kanidrazi situation. They'll just be apparitions.

I'd like to make one recommendation, rather then this being a three-slot magic, why not a two-slot magic? This current rewrite has about the same amount as say, Witch Doctor or Farseer, which are both two-slots each. If we had an extra feat or something we could obtain, similar to Paladin's Blessed Armaments, I could see it being a three-slot magic overall.

3 minutes ago, Demented_Delila said:

I'm not against it, It's just that everyone I spoke with said Three. Three feels right to me, IMO, given that I think it should be a main magic that isn't so easily stacked. If more people insist on having it be 2 slots I don't mind, it's a hill I don't care to die on...

2 minutes ago, Islamadon said:

I'm not against it, It's just that everyone I spoke with said Three. Three feels right to me, IMO, given that I think it should be a main magic that isn't so easily stacked. If more people insist on having it be 2 slots I don't mind, it's a hill I don't care to die on...

I absolutely get that; I know based on this and on the previous iteration, there are few magics you can actually cross with Templarism. The ones you can blend without crossing redlines are Misc Magics like Bardmancy or Housemagery.

1 hour ago, Islamadon said:

➙ Dingo

was enjoying the read until i got to this part

-1 hope it gets denied tbf 

I like The Touch of Jophiael a lot but I def think it should only last a certain amount of time, and either have the Templar completely drained or straight up K/O'd when it runs out (akin to the mythical berserkers), rather a complete rage-train with no breaks. After all, if the ToJ triggers but the Templar still wins the encounter, what then?

Thats pretty much my only concern though, I think the rest of it is perfect

8 minutes ago, MalchediaelVult said:

ToJ makes Templars have depth, and I think a time limit can be attributed to literal exhaustion akin to a shot of adrenaline. your “time limit” could be passing out after going berserk mode

honestly the coolest feature of this spring cleaning and I wish other magics would look at their own and come up with creative drawbacks to using their magic

3 minutes ago, warlord of filth said:

ToJ makes Templars have depth, and I think a time limit can be attributed to literal exhaustion akin to a shot of adrenaline. your “time limit” could be passing out after going berserk mode

honestly the coolest feature of this spring cleaning and I wish other magics would look at their own and come up with creative drawbacks to using their magic

yeah thats sort of what I meant I agree that ToJ is a v good drawback

47 minutes ago, MalchediaelVult said:

I like The Touch of Jophiael a lot but I def think it should only last a certain amount of time, and either have the Templar completely drained or straight up K/O'd when it runs out (akin to the mythical berserkers), rather a complete rage-train with no breaks. After all, if the ToJ triggers but the Templar still wins the encounter, what then?

Thats pretty much my only concern though, I think the rest of it is perfect

I guess my take would be that, given the wounded state a Templar would need to be to enter ToJ, they could naturally pass out from injuries. Alternatively I think it’s hilarious if you’ve a frothing rabid Templar going around rdm’ing people and being in need of pacifying 

I like alot of this rewrite, a ton even. There are some points I disagree with and some I feel need more explanation.

THE GOOD:

Spoiler

-All of the aesthetics, the white fire especially.

-The changes to Rumination Reflection, now it fits with the kit.

-The change from one magic slot to three. (Rip the druid templars, I feel like they should be able to remain though.)

-Everything I am not putting in the other sections.

-We now have a drawback.

I AM A BIT CONFUSED:

Spoiler

-Sadly, all of the dogma in this current iteration still seems a bit up to interpretation in my opinion.

-Vigorous Blow.
With this current range, you explain it as a 'wave', but I am still a bit confused with how that works, can you jump this wave, does this mean if you are in the 4x3 range you are automatically swung by a heavy hammer? Where does it hit? If i Vigorous Blow at your chest, does that mean the heavy hammer swing hits there?
What does a 'heavy  hammer' mean, a heftier Bob the builder's hammer? A one-handed battle hammer? or a full on warhammer?
If I have a Carbarum weapon, why would I ever Vigorous Blow at point blank instead of just stabbing them thrice.

I agree with the over-reliance on Vigorous Blow for Templars, but I feel like nerfing it is justified, but we do not get anything back. I will cover this more on what I dislike.

PERSONALLY, NOT A HUGE FAN.

Spoiler

-We nerfed Vigorous Blow because of our over-reliance on the spell, which is justified.
However, in my opinion we relied on it quite a bit because it was our ONLY offensive spell, these changes are nice but now we are lacking a spell that is reliable for one-target attacks.
I would personally not limit the movement speed whilst charged, and allow us to combo the attack on a singular target, and have them be affected by whatever strength your weapon is, and have the heavy hammer hit afterwards, after your normal attack.
Now in close up melee range, I would not do anything else then regularly attack, and in groups I would now be a liability due to the Touch of Jophiael. I would like to see an extra offensive option now that Vigorous Blow got nerfed, which I feel would be justified due to the drawback that The ToJ is, and the fact that we now take up three-magic slots.

-Fervent Flare changes.
I have never participated in a CRP where Burst Body was overbearing, and overly strong. Nor have I ever heard people complain about it when I CRP'ed with them using it. I do not feel it deserved the huge nerf that is an extra emote-count.

-Touch of Jophiael.
I agree with the fact we now have a drawback, however it feels a bit too much for me, especially as someone that often participates in big group CRP's.

TLDR:
I do not mind many changes, but with the nerfs I feel as though this makes us a bit too much of a liability in group fights, without enough reward to back it up. Especially since our only offensive option got nerfed, and can now hit allies without us getting a single-target option in return, however I am a huge fan of everything else, especially the new aesthetics, they seem awesome.

If anyone wants me to elaborate more, feel free to ask in DMs.

2 hours ago, Islamadon said:

From what I remember of the Loregames and the [Redacted] era 1 slot was roughly 10 spells or something like that, but I don't know if that is just an outdated thing.