I'm Hooked On Fishing

Adelemphii

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD PLUGIN GUYS (abt to /edit sign this *****)

image-6.png

I must now go and test this to check it out since I like to fish.

2 hours ago, MeteorDragon said:

Now this is what LOTC needs. Finally, I can go back to fishing, just like the old days with the Vira'ker boys @ThatFunkyBunch

so true, @Adelemphiiis the hero we all have been waiting for

It'd be nice if fish of the same type (i.e. common salmon, which Ive caught a ton of) would stack- that, and, what purpose does catching fish in buckets have if they have a 30 second despawn timer? Cant put them in aquariums :(

at last fishing is back…anthos fishing memories :)

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

It'd be nice if fish of the same type (i.e. common salmon, which Ive caught a ton of) would stack

This is why I created the "junk bag" item, since you can carry as many of those in your inventory as you can fit. They're small shulker boxes for fishing items (everything the plugin gives, except for tools). Unfortunately I couldn't think of an easy way to stack fish of similar enough types while being different in the way you're thinking of, as it would remove the descriptions and they'd lose their uniqueness so the junk bag is your solution.

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

what purpose does catching fish in buckets have if they have a 30 second despawn timer? Cant put them in aquariums :(

The fishing net & bucket is a WIP, as I had plans of doing something with them but wasn't quite sure what exactly that was. I made a feedback form and if people have feedback on the plugin they can write to it and I can look. https://forms.gle/tWRjczXAsct9r7ju8

Fish on. Fish on.

30 minutes ago, Adelemphii said:

This is why I created the "junk bag" item, since you can carry as many of those in your inventory as you can fit. They're small shulker boxes for fishing items (everything the plugin gives, except for tools). Unfortunately I couldn't think of an easy way to stack fish of similar enough types while being different in the way you're thinking of, as it would remove the descriptions and they'd lose their uniqueness so the junk bag is your solution.

I hope stacking items/meats of the exact same type will be fine enough- as without it, it contributes to making fishing as a means of feeding people even more obsolete compared to farming/husbandry. Why have all this specialized equipment to get food if other options only require a wooden hoe or some wheat/seeds?
Also, sometimes the bag gobbles up recently deposited items and causes them to disappear, though it's only happened once in the short time i've used it.

Edited by SlitheryC1

Nice, looks good 👍

Spoiler

The old fishing net from Nexus used a sponge block as its item type. Using a stick looks a bit strange to me, but to each their own I suppose.

hOnlZ7y.png

Tythershark & Kowakelp (April 11th, 2015)

X3llJ64.png

Spoiler