[Your View] Raid Announcements

Spoopy_Duck

Raid Announcements  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should raids be announced an hour beforehand?

• Yes
    • Yes but less than an hour
    • No
  2. 2. If a raid is pinged beforehand should it automatically default to pvp?

• Yes
    • Yes if x amount of players are raiding
    • No
  3. 3. Should the raiding party have to announce the realm they are raiding or just the city/tile?

• Realm
    • City/Tile

UX6zY6PC00OEdk70kxmsTvSoS3ybQNMcdpDDCg5QL1ntsx4LMfzA6E5PdCWgdJvZ6LKnZVqLsS5MnRCyetjIMETTv7rJdv0QEOrEU-ZuZmVzwPAavd3Vx1GuZF8UExVI0t5tlSI7W0Xn_p8rhFPcX2w

Hi Everyone,

Alongside our rework of the combat rules we are also working on reworks for the server's raid rules. We opened a discussion in the moderation discord about this subject and after getting some feedback we have decided to make a forum poll to reach the larger community for their thoughts on this particular matter. This is just a small poll for a section of the rules with future discussions to come in the near future as we get further along this project. 

If you wish to be involved in the moderation discord for discussion as well you can join it here. 

https://discord.gg/nSuRUMvCbM

stop raiding plz

I voted for "Should be less then an hour" but personally I don't want any announcements at all, everytime i've seen a raid announced beforehand the raiders got outrallied so hard they had no possible chance of winning (saying this as a defender everytime)

This can easily be worked into RP imo. 

Countries have watchtowers at the edge of their border. They notice a war/raiding party assembling in the distance. They warn the nearest cities and the defenders have time to prepare. If not that, then perhaps the logic of scouts and such

short little blurb on how this can be incorporated into RP

Add on: Don't restrict the amount of raiders. Let them throw everything they've got at a settlement.

2 minutes ago, Javert said:

This can easily be worked into RP imo. 

Countries have watchtowers at the edge of their border. They notice a war/raiding party assembling in the distance. They warn the nearest cities and the defenders have time to prepare. If not that, then perhaps the logic of scouts and such

short little blurb on how this can be incorporated into RP

I like this a lot actually, future conversation to be had but I will keep this noted.

Also, If it’s announced an hour an advance it should be raiders choice. If any sooner, then defenders. (This is so that crp groups/spooks aren’t left out.)

Spooks need to raid too :(

Kinda funny, half the nations if not more are being d!cks to pvpers, and when the pvpers leave, nations get raided by the same people they forced to leave from their nation, so now in order to fight those people they asked for a change of rules which ruins the purpose of raids
by making this a rule you're going to change raids to arranged skirms where the other side has unlimited amount of people to rally and on top of that call up allies and fight max 20 people with a 50 man rally 

why are more ways to nerf bandit groups being discussed?

Also, I don't feel like this is a way to nerf bandit groups. This simply encourages bandit groups to evolve new tactics when approaching a raid. I know for a fact the Ferrymen have a record of beating anyone while outnumbered, but as for other PVPers you could always find ways to sneak in. TNT and Ladders are still available to you, and it's not like the raided settlement will know where you are coming from. You could always be sneaky and completely bypass enemy defenses somehow some way.

TL:Dr; I trust that this won't nerf bandit groups, but will instead encourage them to utilize more strategy

Side note: I'm tired as **** and I took Melatonin so I apologize if I am nonsensical

1 minute ago, Javert said:

Also, I don't feel like this is a way to nerf bandit groups. This simply encourages bandit groups to evolve new tactics when approaching a raid. I know for a fact the Ferrymen have a record of beating anyone while outnumbered, but as for other PVPers you could always find ways to sneak in. TNT and Ladders are still available to you, and it's not like the raided settlement will know where you are coming from. You could always be sneaky and completely bypass enemy defenses somehow some way.

TL:Dr; I trust that this won't nerf bandit groups, but will instead encourage them to utilize more strategy

You play the server long enough to know that majority of people use mini maps and blatantly meta or see other players on the map and use it in game 

2 minutes ago, MmmBudaq said:

You play the server long enough to know that majority of people use mini maps 

Player radar is banned, if you see anyone using it report them.

Just now, MmmBudaq said:

You play the server long enough to know that majority of people use mini maps and blatantly meta or see other players on the map and use it in game 

I propose a plugin that just auto-bans people who use mini maps in PVP @The60th

5 minutes ago, Javert said:

Side note: I'm tired as **** and I took Melatonin so I apologize if I am nonsensical

Imagine, A nation leader is standing in a city that you discovered has a way in to enter and you want to capture them. And in order to capture them you now have to tell them that you are going to try and capture them an hour before. If the nation leader doesnt want to be captured he will just log off and tell everyone else in his city to log off.
This will be used as a way to evade all kinds of conflict rp by weak cocky nations