[Your View] Raid Announcements

Spoopy_Duck

Raid Announcements  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should raids be announced an hour beforehand?

• Yes
    • Yes but less than an hour
    • No
  2. 2. If a raid is pinged beforehand should it automatically default to pvp?

• Yes
    • Yes if x amount of players are raiding
    • No
  3. 3. Should the raiding party have to announce the realm they are raiding or just the city/tile?

• Realm
    • City/Tile

I like it - it promotes scheduling things so that each side can enjoy the interaction. Of course, I'm thinking along the lines of an RP raid rather than a PVP one

1 hour ago, kazoo said:

why are more ways to nerf bandit groups being discussed?

81245405_10218187943264915_4668955786662

2 hours ago, Javert said:

This can easily be worked into RP imo. 

Countries have watchtowers at the edge of their border. They notice a war/raiding party assembling in the distance. They warn the nearest cities and the defenders have time to prepare. If not that, then perhaps the logic of scouts and such

short little blurb on how this can be incorporated into RP

Add on: Don't restrict the amount of raiders. Let them throw everything they've got at a settlement.

Exactly. There is no way a raiding party won't be noticed, given its massive... as they are on LOTC.

Isn’t letting people know conflict is coming and giving them time to prepare/log off a form of metagaming and basically pandering to people who don’t want to engage in conflict 

I'm not really sure what Mods are actually trying to do with raiding, I think it would help both you and us if you formed a vision for what you want raiding to be, otherwise this just feels like aimless back and forth between the RP/PvP camp.

7 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

I'm not really sure what Mods are actually trying to do with raiding, I think it would help both you and us if you formed a vision for what you want raiding to be, otherwise this just feels like aimless back and forth between the RP/PvP camp.

I agree that a general direction should be set out, but shouldn't raids be left somewhat open in terms of purpose to permit different types of it? Feels restrictive to set out a specific staff-enforced vision for what raiding should be

Na mate I don't wanna phone up haense saying like "hey we're coming to ur place to kill all ur ppl pls don't rally n close ur gates its the first time in a week they r open"

8 hours ago, Mordhaund said:

How will this affect the trout population in Norway?

it will increase trout popluation as theres less salt thus they need more trouts for flavour

I’m not sure announcing raids is going to do much to change the mechanics of raids other than allow it to either cause mega rallies which do not necessarily make sense irp or cause people to avoid the situation entirely. 

Raids don’t have to be about pvp either. I’ll use an unpopular raid as an example here: back at the beginning of the Oren/urguan war there was a late night raid on urguan by a smallish rally of around 12 oren players, myself included. 20% of that raid was pvp, the other 80% was figuring out how to escape whilst being trapped in urguans city by a counter attack of way more players standing outside. It was a lot of strategizing, making sacrifices of our own players, and sheer luck with breaking down 3 iron doors without a lock pick and using the dwarves own escape tunnels to get out unnoticed. It’s one of my fondest memories, and whilst it was unpopular to have raided at such an early hour, I think that it showed that raids really arnt all about pvp but also strategizing and luck. Perhaps pvpers should evolve the tactics they use, and same goes for nations with tactics they can implement to make their cities safer such as escape tunnels. 

If your looking to please both raiders and defenders, that won’t happen. Someone will always be butthurt for losing a raid. 

ps. Love secret tunnels ☺️

The brain rot of the LOTC community finds new ways to impress me every time. "YES!!! Let's find ways to make the server more boring so that I, the objectively main character of this pixel game, can romance rp with my 16-year-old elven waifu in peace!!!!!". Holy shit y'all are pathetic goddamn. If you really want warnings before a raid shows up, put actual players in watchtowers or outposts to act as scouts. Use actual players to patrol your lands and roads so that you have a better chance of spotting raids or bandit parties before they descend upon people. Ring your bells. 

As kazoo said, THE ONLY people that want these kinds of systems are settlements and nations that are either too weak, have an ego bigger than Icarus, and cocky places that need ways to validate their "big and strong great power" rp while in reality, they aren't really a great power since they cant even deal with a bandit group of five people without a warning before hand LOL. 

Then there's the fact that this warning will just kill conflict roleplay. People will log off after the notice has been given or close to when the raiders are allowed to roll up and raid. If not then it will just lead to banditry/raiding being a viable form of roleplay anymore since nations and settlements will make sure to rally before, maybe even bringing in other nations not related to the raid just so they can tip the scale of power and all get clicks. 

"Next time on total drama Island, we make conflict RP illegal!" !_!

I’ve a belief that introducing an early warning system will have the backdrop of necessarily causing PVP fights. Alternatively it will incite the gates to be closed. And nothing will happen without the use of the quite unpopular ladders and TNT. 

I walked into Aaun last night around 9PM with a large group of Azdrazi and the place was absolutely empty. If we’d been raiding, would it have been better for RP for them to have been warned? Perhaps. But once more I’m sort of afraid that this is one of those mechanics which benefit certain situations over all of them.

55 minutes ago, MisterBlitzkrieg said:

The brain rot of the LOTC community finds new ways to impress me every time. "YES!!! Let's find ways to make the server more boring so that I, the objectively main character of this pixel game, can romance rp with my 16-year-old elven waifu in peace!!!!!". Holy shit y'all are pathetic goddamn. If you really want warnings before a raid shows up, put actual players in watchtowers or outposts to act as scouts. Use actual players to patrol your lands and roads so that you have a better chance of spotting raids or bandit parties before they descend upon people. Ring your bells. 

As kazoo said, THE ONLY people that want these kinds of systems are settlements and nations that are either too weak, have an ego bigger than Icarus, and cocky places that need ways to validate their "big and strong great power" rp while in reality, they aren't really a great power since they cant even deal with a bandit group of five people without a warning before hand LOL. 

Then there's the fact that this warning will just kill conflict roleplay. People will log off after the notice has been given or close to when the raiders are allowed to roll up and raid. If not then it will just lead to banditry/raiding being a viable form of roleplay anymore since nations and settlements will make sure to rally before, maybe even bringing in other nations not related to the raid just so they can tip the scale of power and all get clicks. 

This.

And if you're not confident about defending, hire someone to help you, I think that's possible.

1 minute ago, Drummon said:

9k.png