The Imperialism of Anti-Imperialism

yopplwasupxxx

". . . He has a point."

A tired scholar peered over the article that had reached her library. "Oh, finally," Asya murmured, "some good ******* scholarship. I haven't even considered some of these points before. Oh, I've been such a fool...!" She pulled out a quill and an ink bottle, and began to annotate the work in great detail, mumbling to herself in the flickering candlelight... 

A man read the missive with great interest, then nodding his head in agreement. "Coalition the Ferrymen, for they are the Imperialists." The man stated simply, knowing full well that such a statement will soon have him cleaved in half by a Ferrymen at the least.

Demetrius Barrow writes back to Amleth van der Grendok.

"I am only a passive reader of the histories of the Novellens and leave the study of the dynasty to my esteemed contemporaries. However, as a proud Haeseni and a student of the history of my people, I find that, ironically, in attempts to denigrate the Novellen line in the name of rewriting the historical record, one simply heightens the perceived importance of that dynasty. The agency of a people may be expressed in numerous capacities: free of slave, subject or master, great or petty. Let the Novellens of Balian celebrate their history as the Barbanovs of Haense celebrate their own. And where the two may interact, let us scholars celebrate the opportunity to parcel through the complex narratives that flow throughout the expansive story of our shared human history. Your address is a most correct one, and for it I commend the bravery of your position, for denying the historical record prevents our ability to critique it and learn from it for our shared betterment."

an old Imperial State Army soldier stands by a tree in petra as he reads such a notice " I would like tae see these ferry shites fight me, I am old aye but ill go down with a bloody fightthe old Imperial State army 3rd brigade corporal then throws the notice away into the wind " Oren Aut Mortem"

The Prince takes some time away from scrubbing the floors of the Admiral's office. This essay lay among the papers on the Admirals desk.

"It is intriguing the arguments of this author. I am glad our cause has been picked up by learned men. A nation does not have to be called an empire to be imperialistic. We will defend the right of our citizens to express their ancestral history regardless of how it makes bandits feel. I feel for them that they can not get past the deeds of our ancestors and continue to struggle with the memory of their failures. Now that fair Grendok mentions it, are we not allowed to have the Holy Scrolls displayed? The Prophets were Orenians. We must defend Canondom from its godless enemies."

"The fairy men have fueled wars within Canondom for long enough!" peasant Antonious shouted! 

An enfeebled alchemist- Drasus- reflects on the status of the Human leaders in the world as this treatise comes across his desk . . .

"Imagine wielding the trust and strength of a nation just to turn around and behave cravenly at the most witless of threats. Anti-Imperial or not, if you kowtow to the threats of morons then you are just as pathetic as the wig wearers you abhor. To call yourself a leader, a Human, a descendant of Horen, and bend to faithless raiders- you might as well affix yourself to the bow of the ferry and screech the sea sirens song, you absolute parody of dignity. Thank GOD there are still those who aren't brain addled to the point that the only solution left to them is to erase rational thought so as to assuage the onset of fear wrought of violent threats. Rejecting Imperialism by blindly boot licking a violent Imperialist. For shame. I relish the end of pompous powder touters but at the expense of Humanities moral station . . . what could be worse."

He would sputter and cough after the rant, clearly malding from his own thoughts. The sterilized bottles he was working with becoming contaminated with angered sweat dripping off his ruined brow.

UoIMNG2wWGAWVmIWCdTi3b-pVLOTL_ArT0WvIboGIRIfT7OwdPHii7PY3ArOYHckfXVeFII1t3tIcam-x4eLAYoFdUPAg30ZtLuRTxOzukXolqrKeXjoOKB6CwvGNsuJCgHsO0G3B3S-aVeTkbSIDM4

Overhead, the quiet swish-swoop-swish of a ceiling fan whirled, giving the slightest rush of air to the stuffy Office. As well established as Henri Napier was, all the money in the world couldn't buy complete protection from the elements. Porto Regne could get deliriously hot, and with a humidity that turned the air to a dampening blanket that spared no space, sun or shade. The arcane fan cost him a pretty penny, but made marginal difference. He sighed.

The short paper that had come across his desk in the morning for review had been scanned over quickly, and without a doubt, merited a reply - or at least, a return editorial in the Gaceta des Balianes (his own Paper, of course.)

"Dear Monsieur Van Der Grendok,

Your analysis of the situation, and well-crafted argument were a delight to read, all the moreso in these times. The rabidity to which the savage bandits of the North have clung to what are now nearly a century old animosities, inherited from no other place than their own imaginations, has been a most tiring and droll affair. You cut to the point eloquently. For all the gnashing and protest, the legacy of man, and our history, is one inseparable from the topic of Empire, in all regards. I needn't allude to a fellow fan of history, that all the states of man hold within their titulature, familial heritage, or legal right, some claim derived from the Exalted. Many of the current legal frameworks, and institutions derive from if not the Novellens, earlier Imperial progenitors.

While the merit of a contemporary Empire is something well to be left alone, and discussed in other works as you said, the essay stands well. It is an inescapable issue that the wise would seek to make peace with, rather than antagonize and deride needlessly for another century.

Thank you for your writing, and I do so hope to see more of your work.

Sincerely,

Henri Napier, Esq."

Marc Galbraith nodded to Amleth's open letter "Those who insult the legacy of the Exalted and the Orenian realm are always the same ones who seek to perpetuate human disunity, chaos and disorder. When will they realize that by fighting each other we are just wasting our time?" he asked