[PK] The Death-right Duel & the Razing of Bodbwodz

Ibn Khaldun

Raziel Amethil, without knowledge about the tragedy that unfolded amongst the Cingedoz idly remembered the many interactions he had with that tribe. Since three generations he had known them - so he thought. Yet, would he get to know a fourth?

The Prince and Princess of Minitz had spotted the fire that devoured the neighbouring Barony, and with haste did they ring the bell and ride to assistance. Yet, upon arrival, they were met with gruesome sight. "Where is the Baron, anyway..?" Avalon inquired of her comrades while they proceeded to set off the fires. Only moments later did they find the decapitated body, and with sorrowful gaze and hushed prayers, blessed the man with proper burial.

Spoiler

this drives the masculine urge within me to go back to my tribal roots and fight for my tribe and honor

[♫]

The Prince of Merryweather visited the grave of his old friend "At least now you live up there at peace. Just you and your books..." Heinrich smiled weakly, clearly saddened by the loss of his friend

Sir Hannibal received the news from the Cardinal Arnaud himself, the deafening silence from the congregation's standing ovation to Cunimund rang, a harrowing death knell from the bells of the Priory of St. Jude.

Cardinal Arnaud rode back to Aaun from Haense as soon as he heard, taking Sir Hannibal and Gerard Ouvrier with him to Bodbwodz. There they mourned at Cunimund's grave as they lamented the loss of their friend.

Gerard Ouvrier would stand by Cardinal Arnaud and Sir Hannibal as they arrived at Bodbwodz. Together, they paid their respects to the legendary Lord Cunimund, honoring his memory and legacy.

OIG.c8QS8ihBVG5343qAXdKj?pid=ImgGn

[MUSIC]

Among the frozen foothills of the Alimere, a long-dead Barbarian King listens as the tale is recounted by none-other than Cunimund's killer, his hands resting on the beard of his Greataxe, as if it were a cane. Jormunharr Ingmornesson, Undead King of the Svarlings in Aevos, lets a cruel grin grow as his is presented with the Head of Cunimund, and a fell, eldritch tome in tribute. He barks an inhuman laugh, as desiccated appendages glide oe'er the binding of Cunimund's book, He looked down to the other, murderous Svarl that knelt before him in fealty, and spoke.

"Það gleður mig að vita að einn af þessum sunnlensku hvolpum dó með reisn."
('It gladdens me to know at least one of those south-dwelling whelps died with some dignity.')

The one who was Chief and King to Cunimund's killer spoke again- As he did, Cunimund's head was kicked back towards the other, it was not his to claim, after all. The head belonged to the victorious warrior. His shall be the honor, to lay that skull in tribute at the feet of the Corpse-King, in the Halls of Nárgrindheim.

"Máttugur er verkið, að drepa keppinautinn. Hefði ég umbunað að gefa, þá myndi ég bjóða þér það núna, en ég geri það ekki- Svo í staðinn, þá samþykki ég trúfesti þína, höfuðdrápari, og bað þig að standa og taka upp nýja spjótið þitt. Það eru Sunnlendingar í löndum mínum, frændi, borgir þeirra eru byggðar á gröfum míns og ættingja minnar - Við munum reka þá út eða taka okkar blóðugu skuldir."

('Mighty is the deed, of killing a a rival Chieftain. Had I reward to give, I would offer it to you now, but I do not- So instead, I accept your fealty, Chief-Killer, and bade you stand, take up your new spear. There are Southlanders in my lands, kinsman, their cities are built on the tombs of me and my kindred- We will expel them, or take our bloody due.')

With those words, Jormunharr dismissed the Chiefkiller from their mountain-top, and opened The First Script...

[TO BE CONTINUED VIA FORUM POST]

"Rest now, good Cunimund," Witold murmured as he learned of his the Cingedoz's death. "Tend the libraries in the Seven Skies."

Philip Laurent shed a tear as he read of good Cunimunds death. "I had wronged the man and he forgave me, now my friend is lost..." 

9 hours ago, Jihnyny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

this drives the masculine urge within me to go back to my tribal roots and fight for my tribe and honor

Spoiler

I'll never stop feeling the urge.

F1GVNkzXsAEQZcM?format=jpg&name=small

Halston Veyont had received the news from Cardinal Arnauld, standing in the Castle Priory.
his jaw dropped as he lurched his head forward, frrowing his brows for a moment in shock and pause.. he'd regain his posture soon after with a sour expression asking with one word all he needed to know

"How?.."

Upon hearing he had been decapitated and killed he'd say
"I spoke to him twice in my time, he'd given me many books that now sit in my library. I've seen his influence all over canondom; Haense, Aaun, Veletz, Petra, every church i've laid eyes on had his transcribed texts. I ask all here for a moment of silence.. to honor this great man who'd met an untimely end."

Halston would tilt his head down and interlock his fingers, closing his eyes and remaining completely silent.