[Lore Addition] Templar Spell - Dauntless Charge

xMuted

[T4] DAUNTLESS CHARGE - ACTIVE

In the course of battle, a Templar may deem it necessary to charge upon cravenly or fleeing opponents. A Templar may thus swell with their flaming courage, and propel themself forth with the fury of Malchediael.

MECHANICS:
This ability requires [3] emotes to cast: The First requires a Templar to draw upon their courageous aura while focusing upon a single target as Holy White Flame gathers under their feet, the Second to completely envelop their bodies with their Holy White Flame, and a Third to charge and slam unto an opponent, resulting in their fiery maelstrom to disperse upon contact. 

When Dauntless Charge is cast, the Templar may charge down a single target at a range of [10] Blocks. When struck, the concussive force of the charge is comparable to that of a sledgehammer. The maelstrom of White Flame also possesses the properties of "Furious Flame", thereby granting it the debilitating effects of Aurum. 

It is noted that, should [1] Emote elapse without delivering the charge, Dauntless Charge will dissipate. This spell may be cast ONCE per combat scenario.

REDLINES:
• This spell has [1] charge per combat encounter.

• A Templar may not cancel their charge after the second emote has passed and will not be able to cast another Dauntless Charge unless under effect by the Valiant Banner.

• A Templar may strike with their weapon at the completion of the charge to focus the concussive nature of their attack into a single strike. This said, they may also opt to simply shoulder bash.

• When enveloped with their Courageous Aura (2nd emote), the Templar's vision will be considerably reduced, resulting in a Templar only being able to see rough shapes.

• When charging their spell, a Templar may move [3] Blocks per turn until cast. This enables a Templar to move a grand total of [16] Blocks over the course of [3] Emotes.

• Dauntless Charge's concussive force will not stack with the material of a weapon used, nor will it result in a cutting-like effect. This is to say that the damage delivered by the Charge will always remain concussive in nature.
• Dauntless Charge has to go over solid ground and the enemy must be mechanically accessible.
• Should a Templar slam into anything that would be able to resist a hefty sledgehammer swing like in Dauntless Charge, they would get bruised and it would count as [1] minor wound for the Touch of Jophiael.
CREDITS:
Islamadon: Formatting.

Spoiler

I know there has been a rather large Templar amendment passed just recently, but as we now take up three magic slots and arguably our best melee spell got changed, I think adding another offensive spell is warranted.

With Dauntless Charge I tried to stick to the Templar's focus on melee combat and added a decent drawback to the spell.

The idea was for a Templar to have a spell to single out one target during CRP during an engagement, but not being able to chase the target down should they be in a full-retreat. 

Spoiler

CHANGELOG:

Changed it from two charges per combat encounter to one.

Clarified what happens when a Templar slams into something that would be able to resist their charge.

Clarified that a Templar must charge over solid ground and cannot reach an enemy that is MCly not accesible.

Added that a Templar may not cancel their charge after the second emote and that they would not be able to cast it again unless they have a Valiant Banner equipped.

The one-on-one target work is nice, in my opinion, to the Templar. The entire motif of that offensive ability was good, even if it needed some sort of disadvantage or change from its original scope.

+1

I can't wait to get ******* annihilated by fire.

25 minutes ago, xMuted said:

as we now take up three magic slots and arguably our best melee spell got changed, I think adding another offensive spell is warranted.

ur mistake is thinking this makes it underpowered and needs more spells, other magics are simply bloatmaxxed for bloaters, are you a bloater? you seem like a bloater.

2 minutes ago, Privet said:

ur mistake is thinking this makes it underpowered and needs more spells, other magics are simply bloatmaxxed for bloaters, are you a bloater? you seem like a bloater.

image.png.17bb874fb27d3094391b4b35534738f7.png

image.jpeg.6ba89deb26d63f9d3ad52d371cba030c.jpeg

I think that is an excellent addition to the overall Templar kit, especially with the re-write.  This focuses more on the "Let Me Solo Her" vibes we've got going on now. I definitely believe our 3-Slot Magic warrants some more spells in comparison to our toolkit and this seems like a nice addition to it, with some tweaks of course.

How will this interact with other magics that have dodge abilities? If I leap back or backflip over you (paladin/kani) what do you end up doing?

9 minutes ago, rukio said:

How will this interact with other magics that have dodge abilities? If I leap back or backflip over you (paladin/kani) what do you end up doing?

That is rather straightforward, with a teleportation spell you just charge wherever the person was last, same with kani backflips.

You can adjust the charge path slightly, but you can't do a full 180.

I forgot the magic was increased to 3 slots. This is entirely necessary and I like it cause it can easily close the distance even if you miss.

-1, I hate xmuted

1 hour ago, _Hermes__ said:

I forgot the magic was increased to 3 slots. This is entirely necessary and I like it cause it can easily close the distance even if you miss.

I agree entirely. A 3 slot magic deserves 3 slot tools.

v fond of this - +1, more combat spells

Dope +1

+1