NECROMANCY AMENDMENT / CLARIFICATIONS - THE HENS COME HOME TO ROOST.

femurlord

nevermore shall the bones bone

58 minutes ago, femurlord said:

Necromancers have strength comparable to a Voidal Mage, able to use light weaponry and half-plate in their defense, but are ultimately lacking in proficiency to fight with those of greater fortitude and mastery of swordplay.

I would not say they are comparable to voidal mages. Voidal mages cannot use half-plate after being one for a certain amount of time and comparable implies equivalency. Minor nit-pick.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticallyCheshire said:

I think the idea that necro's must be dark and spooky at all times to be just. . . Edgy. I've been on the server since 2015 and have hung out with fellow necro's in the past. Whilst they obviously need to be on the evil scale of alignment chart and are in fact deplorable beings I do think some don't see themselves as such.

Having all necromancers be unromanceable dark people who hate anything nice, only wear dark colors and go "gahh! No! Feelins bad" is rather one dimensional. it doesn't allow for character growth and gives you a stick amount of ways you can actually rp on that character. I personally don't see limiting ones self to such a degree necessary. So unfortunately I am going to -1 this. 

Does romance really bring forward character development? There are many facets of character development that do not require the reliance of engaging something that is objectively venomous and a much more overarching issue on the server. Romance in and of itself should not be hinged upon to develop a character and rather should be avoided considering the possibility of OOC feelings becoming involved and a greater problem developing. For one, I've developed my Archlich through vast achievements, there is merit and depth in the pursuits of a character rather than who they share Minecraft wool blocks with late at night.

The magic itself is a menagerie of things that does not promote such warm-touchy things, there is a way to be tasteful and one such player @Hephaestusis a testament to this. My stance is, if you want to do romantic, kissy-kissy roleplay, don't get ordained as a Necromancer.

@femurlordmake the Arch-Lich romanceable

tkbBqglURwabql0gq3-UhNo-qgPvRCNaMuPwQkiM7PunL8ymNNI5LZn4trPrYGV3fUlIrbafRyomVGJ_gcHwPsGfGBc60Z7hwVtLbnzYbbq2GZ3L3Ni0WAGifJqNroskAm_6hcL6GCdfOoRrFLOgoR0

It's for character growth

I like this shit +1

13 minutes ago, femurlord said:

Does romance really bring forward character development? There are many facets of character development that do not require the reliance of engaging something that is objectively venomous and a much more overarching issue on the server. Romance in and of itself should not be hinged upon to develop a character and rather should be avoided considering the possibility of OOC feelings becoming involved and a greater problem developing. For one, I've developed my Archlich through vast achievements, there is merit and depth in the pursuits of a character rather than who they share Minecraft wool blocks with late at night.

The magic itself is a menagerie of things that does not promote such warm-touchy things, there is a way to be tasteful and one such player @Hephaestusis a testament to this. My stance is, if you want to do romantic, kissy-kissy roleplay, don't get ordained as a Necromancer.

I am of the firm believe that if you cannot separate rp from ooc you should avoid romance rp at all costs. That being said many people know how to do just that. I am not saying one needs romance rp to develop as a character. I am just saying it is a nice thing to have on the side. It offers a different side to the character and not all romance is warm and fuzzy. I personally see necro romance as hilarious due to how dark it can be. 

TV gif. Reese Witherspoon as Madeline Martha Mackenzie in Big Little Lies shrugs, her hands in her pockets, as if to say, "I don't really care."

I don't really care about the romance part but moreso that it makes someone your average dark and emotionless necromancer, which I guess, it's fine if that is what you deem fit for the magic! However, I'm a bit tired to emote and see such things nor is my complete cup of tea. My question is, are people going to be given a chance to drop the magic if this gets accepted though?

characters are only good if they can ****

cant believe you'd take away the best part of lotc???