2 Years as Admin.. AMA

itdontmatta

13 minutes ago, Wulfric said:

did you vote for the crab, the armadillo or the penguin?

??? penguin

13 minutes ago, ClassyDryad said:

Actual legitimate question, how has your feelings on the color red changed from before being an admin to now?

It's a stupid color and asserts authority that it doesn't have on a minecraft server. I like red on cars tho 

What are your retrospective thoughts on the new war system, raiding overhaul, infractions overhaul, and crp default? 

Also thank you for being admin for our server I know at times members of the community me included may have been vocal about certain rulings you made but you did a lot for the server and moved it in a positive direction.

3 hours ago, itdontmatta said:

694-30-6021

The ban I regret the most is probably Rylothh or maybe even M1919. The one I think was most deserved was [insert TOS banned player here]. 

The tabby forgives rylothh

still pissed you debuffed that god sword I had years ago...

how badly were you affected in terms of emotions, how people treated & viewed you, and etc when you chose to keep trol unbanned originally on that huge thread before later banning him 

was it worth it?

How many proposed admin bans have not gone through because you contributed to the No vote in a system that requires a unanimous decision? Is there an admin that you felt obstructed you being able to fulfil your vision the most? If you are privy to the information, how much money does the server generate through donations per month or year and does this result in a net loss, profit, or break-even?

Though we're not well-acquainted out of staff circles, wanted to let you know that I appreciate you giving me a chance on the team, and that were it not for you many of some of the server's most prolific weirdos and pests would still be on here.

Running anything on this server is a zero sum game. It requires a lot of resilience to hang in tight on this particular game. I know at times I was very frustrating to work with, but either way I really appreciated you tossing my name in the hat for Admin several times even though I never really desired to pursue that position.

Having the feud with you that I did have and then managing to humanize you by working with you to ban people who tried (and failed) to groom young people I know on the server is easily one of the things online that reminded me that I can have faith in certain people to remain true to their word.

Although in some respects you have stumbled, you were the best Admin I've worked under, probably even better than Pandann if it were not for your stance on Defender Default.

I know it must be disappointing in some sense to watch me return to my old ways so soon after leaving the team a few months ago to hyper-fixate on real life commitments (trolling, not caring, etc), but I don't want it to go unsaid that I really appreciated all your help and your willingness to help me clear out many of the server's bad actors.

Edited by RIGOR

1 hour ago, Neviah said:

Why did you choose 60th? Not as a complaint I’m just curious

ur complaining rose....cease !

I think @The60thshould step down immediately and make me the new Mod Admin, i'd prolly be better. . .

4 hours ago, Jentos said:

what did lotsofmuffins do

no idea, didnt really bother to ask

4 hours ago, Borin said:

I am unsure how to word this, and I decided not to be vulgar despite my well-known alcoholism so I chose this question.

What is your view on unbanning people? Unbans etc have been a controversial aspect of your administration, how did you decide whether to unban people or not? Would you have liked to unban certain individuals (Trol, other controversial folk), why, why not? What is your opinion on the 'cancel culture' of lotc that responded to the possible unbanning of certain individuals (Trol, other controversial folk)?

I for one wasn't a fan of your administration, as you probably know... though I couldn't and still can't think of any alternative admins beyond 60th. Have a nice time though! :)

My decision usually boiled down to the severity of the action of the player, and how much time has passed. There are some bans I turned away because I didn't think that they should've been unbanned due to their heinous actions. The trol ban was the toughest ban we've ever handled. This was because of the culture shift in the server, which we never really acknowledged. Something that was said in the admin meeting was: "well, this was the culture of the server 6 years ago. would we permaban him for what he said today? probably. but would we have permabanned him 6 years ago? probably not."

Cancel culture is insane on LotC, especially when you see these players who have said similar things themselves. Most everyone on LotC has done regrettable shit. Self-reflect before you start pitch-forking on the forums. Though, if the person is continuing their behavior - it's free game. 

4 hours ago, DeusVult said:

You really put ur kda in the chat huh

yea lol im proud of my accomplishments

4 hours ago, Neviah said:

Why did you choose 60th? Not as a complaint I’m just curious

He is really loyal to the server. No funny business with him. 

3 hours ago, rukio said:

How many safety bans did you undo though?

We voted to undo one because it was a self-report that upon review, wasn't anywhere close to violating the safety policy. I believe it was a ban that was done in haste and without review because of a 13th forum uprising 

One of our best policies was ensuring that Tythus had to sign off on unbanning permanently banned players (PCV and TOS). All Tythus cares about is keeping shitty people off the server. So I trust his judgement in the case that we've got a bad one. 

3 hours ago, Crevel said:

How many proposed admin bans have not gone through because you contributed to the No vote in a system that requires a unanimous decision? Is there an admin that you felt obstructed you being able to fulfil your vision the most? If you are privy to the information, how much money does the server generate through donations per month or year and does this result in a net loss, profit, or break-even?

I've never voted no on a TOS ban. I voted no on a PCV ban once (along with fellow administrators) because of lack of evidence. I have voted no on CGV bans more than once, albeit rarely. 

It's difficult to get all admins on board with my agenda, but that's not a bad thing.

I do not see donation money, although I know we're in a good position. I believe the server turns a profit, but we just use those funds to upgrade our hardware.