camping SS pillars shouldn't be a thing

Jentos

according to a mod I spoke to, a mod meeting is soon being held about it so sit tight for now I guess. though I do agree that as a concept, camping ss pillars benefits no-one but the ooc goon

The goons are simply too powerful. They alone understand the power of ooc mechanics, and are capable of intercepting the invisible pillar network!

Spoiler

Its dumb and just shuts down rp in an area.

We assumed it was not allowed until mods allowed people to camp orc pillar at 3 in the morning for some reason

2 minutes ago, Narthok said:

We assumed it was not allowed until mods allowed people to camp orc pillar at 3 in the morning for some reason

I can't presume to know your position on pillar camping, but an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. 

My friend related to me how they Ss'd somewhere and were instantly met with four *swings sword* emotes. In any case it should remain non-allowed. 

i don't recall which mod who ruled it, but when myself and other haense people were hunting the rat and bat humonculi, we just so happened to pass the ss pillar as they were walking away from it, the mod who came over ruled that we were not allowed to get them as it was technically camping the ss pillar

22 minutes ago, Jentos said:

I can't presume to know your position on pillar camping, but an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. 

My friend related to me how they Ss'd somewhere and were instantly met with four *swings sword* emotes. In any case it should remain non-allowed. 

The line I have given to orc raiders is 'mods said it was okay to do to us so its not against the rules'

Had raiders camp our pillar for multiple hours during down hours killing orc night shift on grind runs.

Allowing SS camping is a race to the bottom when it comes to conflict Rp. When one side starts to SS camp the other side has to respond with SS camping in turn or be at a huge disadvantage. The end result is that everybody's pillars are being camped at off-peak times and nobody is having fun.

Just ban SS camping, nobody really asked for SS camping to be allowed and nobody will miss it when it is gone.

I agree I feel it's very dirty. But it goes both ways. In regard to this happening at the orc pillar, I mean I've been hearing of the orcs doing it to others for a while. So why does it just become a big deal when someone does it back to those who are mainly doing it? Seems a bit hypocritical. 

4 minutes ago, Frank_Dog said:

I agree I feel it's very dirty. But it goes both ways. In regard to this happening at the orc pillar, I mean I've been hearing of the orcs doing it to others for a while. So why does it just become a big deal when someone does it back to those who are mainly doing it? Seems a bit hypocritical. 

Because now it's an official rule confirmed by mods. Before it was 'overlooked'

I think its both sides being arseholes and moderation being incompetent. All 3 need to fix up.