Where roads and swords meet

[!] A letter was posted and passed out everywhere around all nations with a message to Aevos. [!]

“My name is Solomon Obediah. To those that knew me, if you are reading this: I am gone. I have lived a long life as Solomon. Comrade to many, friends to many, brother to two, lover to one. I have spent a long time wondering what I would write as my last message to the world. 

To those that knew me from serving the ISA, I salute you for keeping your head out of the dirt for this long. The time mourning our empire is long gone and should admittedly be forgotten history. Were you fighting with the kingdom's side of the Acrean war, it is now your right to know that our forces were intentionally discontinued as a deal with the Acrean leadership to keep my son who was leading the Petran army alive after they won the war. Call it selfish, but I was always a man to do anything for my family.

To my old friends, do not worry about me. Most of you will agree that I should have been gone very long ago. More wars and battles than we call can count on our fingers. Many who have fought me, tried, and failed.
Dwarves, Ferrymen, fellow Heartlanders, Highlanders, Darkspawn, Rustlers, Orcs, Elves. Countless names under my blade. Though I have been untouchable on the field, losing my family has only shown me how vulnerable it has made me.

To the world within and beyond my path, let it also be known that
Doctor Primrose Gendik is dead. There was a time in Orenia where she had done what she thought was right and this cruel world punished her for it, leaving her with two choices. Die now, or Die later. We together falsified her death so the world would think she was gone. We lived peacefully in Helios together for many years after that happened, even got married and nobody knew. She very badly to see her children, but she couldn't for their safety. If any of her children or grandchildren are reading this, know she loved you more than she loved herself and your names amongst many was uttered in her last words. She saved countless lives, healed countless wounds and she is the reason most of the worlds ancestors could have its grandparents and parents. The world is all the lesser without her, and my drained love for her could never satisfy the debt the world owed to her.

The world only needs to know that Solomon Obediah is gone. My life has been harsh, stained with blood, betrayal and darkness. I have little hope of good in people anymore, but my love has taught me that within this shit hole we call a life, there are
Sunflowers and Roses that bring joy and hope. I hope the fathers of our future generations learn to raise better men.

My road of Swords has been difficult to live, difficult to reminisce, but I sincerely hope some good came out of it."

- Solomon Obediah

9f5df996890eb3084bc72439cd5d241b.png?ex=

unknown.png?ex=65b1143a&is=659e9f3a&hm=a
image.png?ex=65b968b4&is=65a6f3b4&hm=ca0

image.png?ex=65b96915&is=65a6f415&hm=447

-+- OOC message -+-

Closing this chapter of the infamous Solomon Obediah, I have been playing this character for about four years and it has been a lot of great memories, wars, roleplay moments, and making friends. To all of Solomons friends, to all of his enemies, thank you for a nice chapter. 

- Zakajaervi

Juniper, upon finding a copy of the missive, frowned. "...Rest well, friend," She bid, before continuing her travels. This time, however, her heart was a little heavier.

Elanor Melphestaus-Pinemaw sighs sadly, setting down the missive she had taken on the table in front of her. She cradles her little baby in her arms and looks out the window, to the clouded, and rainy weather. "Rest well Mister Solomon, May you find Miss Primrose, my mother and all your fallen friends and comrades in the heavens, and may you all rejoice together."

The woman wipes away a tear from her eye and looks down to her baby girl, tending to her once more.

Edited by Otakuu

"Didn't I kill this guy.."

Old Man Peter thought to himself.

"Hey, didn't we kill this guy?"

Peter inquired from Father Galadain, the Templar-turned-Priest. @Pepto

A rotting hand grasped at the missive, tearing it in a million pieces through elongated fingernails. "You did not keep your promise, how dare you die?" the soulmancer hissed of her sire

A fellow Obediah would read this missive as it flew past him in the wind while he tread the path between The Petra and the City-State of Hohkmat. Reading it, he stops dead in his tracks, brows furrowing into a perplexed and somber look as the contents of the letter sets him at an unease like never before. "So... That's that then." The man grumbled before he stuffed the missive away in his pocket. The very last of the Obediah line, walking the land of the living still, completely alone, once more.

[!] "Indeed it is."

Sir George Obediah can be found in the seven skies, doing his usual daily routine of polishing his sword skills; to train for wars that never come, followed by a supper with his family; His wife Philly and children. He suddenly bursted out in a hearty laugh "Outliving his own grandchildren?! That's outrageous of you dad!" he said, somehow he knew of Sir Solomon's demise. "Philly, let's have a bigger supper today. And let's make sure everything is clean. I've a feeling a very special guest might arrive soon." but whether or not the fallen man would be able to reunite with his father, only time will tell.

Down in the world of living, resided an unwanted being, a shell of his former self, Iolas Valro, would hear the word of this man's demise. Grief, sadness, anger, rage, hatred were his greatest allies. The only connection he had left to his sanity is now severed. With him gone, all there's left is the burning hatred of this Demonic creature.

A saddened look came over Lumia as she read, she had not gotten to say good bye to him. “I hope he has found peace at last…hopefully I can find a copy of that book he was writing…”

A small offspring had bestown attention to the paper that fluttered into her grasp. In a blur, her glance swept over it. In a blur, a frivolous smile beamed;

"Bask in death's embrace.."  A whisper left her; she went on on her merry way.

"Wasn't he an elf?" Croaked an old, decaying ISA Captain - awake, after laying dormant for decades. "Godani ... I hate elves . . ." the woman hissed, though folded the paper away, tucking it into a wrangled coat pocket.

Rose Obediah had smiled and rushed over to her father, though she stops in her tracks "H-hello father, I know we have our moment but can we..umm just try to..." sighs "N-never mind" she moved away unsure how he feel about her presence. 

Though her glance went toward her brother who was also there, shifting as she felt nervous and waiting to be noticed by either of them.

Meanwhile Fallon who was also there to welcome him in just greeted him with a simple "Bonjour been a while" and went back to tend to her own family

Edited by Fawnytheturtle

Dame Valda read the missive with a bellowing cackle "May this sickening fellow ROT in whatever demise he met." after all, she was one to hold a grudge. 

In the Seven Skies, a young man wearing shiny armor of old smiled upon seeing his old friend. Treble de Murat extended a hand, eyes as bright as ever. "Sir Solomon! You may have betrayed your oath, but it means naught here, old friend."

Somewhere up above, two old comrades reunite. 

"About time, Lieutenant. A shame you never got that promotion, eh?"

The knight lets out a round of raucous laughter, giving Solomon a hearty pat on the back.

~

Meanwhile, on the opposite side deep below the earth and engulfed in sizzling red, the great menace of Rivia howls and cackles with glee at the news.

"Facken' 'ad it comin', yew fat old prick!" The bastard bellows, shaking his fist. "Oi 'ope yew 'ad a bloody stinkah of a death, yew shtewpid wa-"

Perhaps it was divine intervention, but before the filthy Potte could finish his sentence, the flames had engulfed him once more.

Cursed and imprisoned in a piscine body, a sorcerer lets out a plaintive gurgle at the notice of the elder Obediah's death. The image of their quarrel clear in the murky pool of his memory: Whatever the reason for their duel, Solomon dealt him a blow honorably, and spared his life when mercy was the less expedient choice. The moment their swords crossed proved beyond doubt that the notion of honor existed in others, even if it had left him. As he diverted, reeling from the defeat, Baozhen could no longer pretend that the pursuing misfortunes and cruelties harrying him on his path were devised by anyone but himself.