Towards the Mending of Old Wounds

pkT9B99Tx5c9F8Ap_cLAaoBPx1bAW_EH4oR7dbAK5-wHDXD2l2BAIGLnq9swjEdhHYm-FQWPf_0lGgQ6FNYNPbdSEuKivVnKB5xfe59rWxJADquW2QPHxiXmy7QJbGikt5786NcBQCPp1bG2HVmHa80

To the children of Urguan, 

In the lands of Almaris, our people stood by yours for nearly a century in peaceful camaraderie and noble defense. The callous acts of my predecessors have torn a rift in what should have been a fruitful and unshakable relationship.

It is for this reason that the people of Nevaehlen desire to present a gift of peace in excess of that which the grudge of the sons of Urguan demand. 

We hope to mark this exchange with a grand feast in our new home, the ruins of what once was Talar’nor. To make doubly evident that we bear no ill will and this is no form of trickery, we warmly invite the seven allies of the dwarves, along whom we have fought in the great wars of the Midland, to bear witness and join us in these festivities.

On behalf of the people of Nevaehlen, I am, respectfully,

cXSJBfcOumFgySU-f9iJ8-fRBZNudYYfd5TQJQnu7Ol_3KtSMEGq0lNG_vqGDCFe93nsUxhzPOgBVudq-KpKiIC3ewu2s3ivcJcPfjNKqIcl1KMpNlnhTHSsQpTJ8noY0saNjsNwog-4gJ2PiJqYTrI

Set and witnessed by Arhiln Caerme’onn, scribe, at the site of the city lately called Talar’nor, on the eleventh day of Snow’s Maiden in the nineteen hundred and sixty second year of Aegis.

Spoiler

At the Talar’nor ruins, 3:30pm EST on Sunday 2024/02/04 (SUNDAY not Friday as originally stated)
@xMuted
@Mio

@Zaerie

@HIGH_FIRE

@Elennanore
@Wavey

@AstriaS

"Treachery that will not be soon forgotten," remarked Grisha. "Never forget the day that the Irrinites again pursued perfidious politics at the expense of their tribe. If I find where they're at now, it's time to institute a Union Tax upon them." @MaltaMoss

4 hours ago, Dry Crackers said:

The callous acts of my predecessors have torn a rift in what should have been a fruitful and unshakable relationship.

The Valeseer would shake his head, clearly unhappy about the particular line he was reading.

"Defendin' ourselves was nae callous act, Keeper Dyonne. Nor were weh abou' teh tell our kin in Norland 'ow justice shoul' beh enacted in t'eir own lands. Yeh were part ov teh leadership, it's inner circle nonetehless, when t'is happened as well. Yeh were made vereh aware ov teh events t'at preceded t'is. Stop draggin' t'ose t'at came befer yeh in teh mud before o'I drag yeh along wit' us. o'I will not stand fer slander."

He'd then march on, stopping to speak to a few old friends on the way to his destination.