A Mother's Agony

_yink_

[!]
A missive is hung across Aevos

JpHsFZQXpb-y1ivt6jSda4wjptZdvlQ3lryIdW-k6015dd1EXZi_MQh4p72X9od9hhGHi9J56fT2SKK6_kn26iNFrStSdfW5AAl59-eOeHRUuaPikf_Dl7_3RPLPduWj502SgeBEn2OnDpiSUde9FKE

A Mother’s Agony 

V20QuyMJeNbdSBuaAfffaX5Sx4Ovm-N70F3HMLFq86e_PEyStQwzp0bzPO-pX9gH6RdGIz23eiWEYvlvrQYDzA0QQaXEZhCDzKYqUz96MAXzNkVYw-QcMDqLhKsRZUehnJNu4lgKNDzd-vF7_BloWOE

F6ZpsbEeRAqbw6zQMP3NVu6nmMWofaHga0OUXhb_oRBzcU-Hd9BECRgYwQ96ZszlRfTcJWl7PJ6EL_9hIx71OE_6b7L14XZTTgw-AmgFFH54bgspb0o9riqf4e6APvL4vBLCCSive3rTmY_UcVDzP74

“Grief.” The word “grief” could not adequately describe the pain that a young mother could feel for the death of her precious child. A child so pure, innocent, and promising in such a cruel world. A piece of my heart has been ripped from my chest. Over the last twelve years, I had learned what it meant to love something more than oneself. My six children had brought so much light into my life. A life dedicated to protecting and serving Balian, a goal I’d nurtured since I, myself, was just a child.

Goals. So many goals and aspirations festered in the hearts of the children of Vuiller-Vilac. Marjorie was no different. A young girl incredibly intrigued by fashion and aquatic life. An interest I had made a point of learning just so I might have something to talk to my daughter about. An interest that a mother and daughter can no longer share, but an interest that a mother would never forget. In every fish, seashell, and body of water, a mother shall never be able to see such simple aspects the same again. Never again. In these were the essence of Marjorie.

Marjorie. A young girl whose dreams were taken away from her. A young girl, a fighter from the beginning. The first three years of her life were spent in the confines of the Vuiller Estate. A sickly girl who never failed to prove the doctors wrong, all the while filling the halls with laughter and light.

This is what you, a monster, have driven a mother to. A mother to madness. A mother who shall never hold her child, hear her voice, or see her grow old. You have taken away my right, as a mother, to keep her child safe and bring her peace. I, as a mother, should never even think of burying her child. A child who leaves behind five siblings and countless friends. You have not only ruined her beautiful life but an entire family. A family bound not just by blood, but by love. Who are you to destroy the sweet ignorance of a child? How will my surviving children ever go on with an ounce of trust and security in their hearts now that you have stripped them of such luxury?

For this, I hope you burn. Not to die, though burn. I wish upon you just a sliver of the agony and pain that I have endured as I now arrange the funeral of an eleven-year-old girl. A funeral where the only remains are a lock of beautiful ginger hair that you have stained with your hate. I do not care what you are, but you shall go on living your pitiful life knowing what you have done. I will find you. Whether in life or in the Seven Skies, a mother shall always fight for her babies.

F6ZpsbEeRAqbw6zQMP3NVu6nmMWofaHga0OUXhb_oRBzcU-Hd9BECRgYwQ96ZszlRfTcJWl7PJ6EL_9hIx71OE_6b7L14XZTTgw-AmgFFH54bgspb0o9riqf4e6APvL4vBLCCSive3rTmY_UcVDzP74

Signed,

Dame, Gwenyth Callista Vilac Vuiller, Lady Sentinel of The Royal Sentinels, Countess-Consort of Aquilae, Baroness-Consort of San Haraldo, Mother to Marjorie Cecile Eirene Vuiller

Spoiler

I thank @MissTonifor taking on Marjorie as a character and playing her so well through her short, yet lovely little life

Marjorie watched from the seven skies as her mother was in anguish. She looked to her family in the skies for answers.

"She must know I am alright now, right? She does not need to cry, I'm okay. I'm happy here, she knows. Does she not? So why is she still crying..."

Spoiler

Girl your making me actually cry with this reply 😭 @MissToni

The Hyspian Consort looked over the missive, eyes tired from grief and restless nights filled with the echoes of war. “We shall bring those who snuffed out her light te justice. Under the eyes of Godan, under the eyes of DIOS. May the ground beneath our boots tremble, and our eyes niet rest until they are found.” He rose from his desk, pinning the missive to the wall opposite so he may see it every moment he works. 

The Baron ached. His heart ached. His body has been aching for years. His pain was more numb in his later years than actually painful. And yet he knew it was nothing compared to what his niece was going through. To lose a child. So young. So pure and full of vibrant life. To be denied the right to say a final goodbye. His body shuddered. He settled into his room and swore an oath. Not to GOD or a divine being. He was too old and too stuck in his ways to come back to faith now.

No, he swore to himself and himself alone. 

"I swear, on my life. On my honor, I will burn this world to its foundation. No harm will come to another one of my blood. I will rebuild this world from the ashes, if it means that my kin is safe. This, I swear." 

Prince Paul Alexander of the Petra could not believe what he saw unfolding! He spoke with intrigue towards his attendants, showing them the various missives posted across realm.

Viviana Ximena Vilac stood before the Vuiller manor, its silhouette heralded by the setting sun. Just a few weeks prior, Marjorie had been laughing here without a care in the world. She had friends, family, and dreams of her own - beautiful, resplendent dreams, like budding flowers at spring's first breath. The manor had seemed so full of life, then. 

Today, the manor was dead. The last rays of the setting sun died away, withering behind the steep shadow of the mountaintop. Marjorie - sweet, gentle Marjorie - was gone forever. No more would her laughter linger in the courtyard of Portoregne; it was taken away by the monster who robbed her of her future. No more would she greet Viviana with a smile on her face; that, too, was seized by the vermin who ended her life. 

The truth of the matter was that, despite all of Viviana's hopeless protestations, Marjorie was dead. She was dead and gone and all they had left of her was a single lock of hair to bury away. Eleven years of life and love, and all they had was a single ******* lock of hair. Marjorie's voice haunted the inside of Viviana's mind. 

Marjorie was dead.

But the murderer was not. Not yet, at least. 

"One year, five years, ten years from now - it doesn't matter. You will be brought to justice. I will see you rot."

Stood behind his wife as she wrote her missive, the Count taking a few heavy breaths as their ancestral trident rested upon his back. His mind was set, his oath sworn. Many had died in the last decade, many he loved many he knew. Yet no pain had been as severe as the death of their daughter. After the missive had been written, and after their children had been put to sleep. A lot of his time would be spent within the rooms of Majorie looking around. Feeding the fish in her tank, making sure her room was clean and left just how she had left it that morning. Yet soon a delivery of marble found its way to the Vuiller Estate. The block of marble being carried by tenfolds of men up towards the estate garden before Johan got to work with his tools once more. 

Reuben Vilac sat in his bedroom, hands tightly clutching his red hair as small tears threatened to fall from his eyes. Uncle Reu-Reu didn't know what to focus on, the anger or sorrow. To know one of his sister's children has been taken from this world, her light missing from this realm, it tore  his heart to pieces. Old memories of grief wrapped his heart and he silently hoped his sister and her children will be strong through this time.