Realm Applications on Hold

Llir

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd pop in as Implementation Team Manager. Just so everyone is aware, I do very much care about your feedback on realms, nations, the economy, and such. A lot of things suggested are things we're aware of or have floated between us. I'm planning on making a post that better communicates everything I've seen, and everything we've talked about behind closed door, so that the community can see and hear what we're planning. Thanks guys.

22 minutes ago, PrinceJose270 said:

Nah, places like pinemaw.

A family of six guys is a realm? I'm honored.

17 hours ago, Sarven said:

Bros are dying to have Oren back.

I think just shifting back to having checks like on Almaris would solve pretty much all of the realm bloat we've been seeing.

imo Having more decentralized RP is overall more of a benefit then having like 1 or 2 main player bases and everything else having no-one, granted its all about finding a good balance.

You can notice some of the comments are from people who made Novellen Oren hypercentralization ironically enough.

I really don't understand how this nation system is unable to find a perfect form, or something that the community agrees on for the most part. We are approaching a time where people who were not born when LOTC was made, CAN apply soon and play soon. Yet this realm system business feels constantly a problem because of forum echospeak.

Staff want hypercentralization? Do no activity checks so people don't worry.

Staff want decentralization? Activity checks at 1% for one-two CORED tiles (excluding non-cored), 3% to allow more than two cores plus non-cored tiles.

I always talk back about the system Caelria proposed in Savoy for good small micro vassals too. They don't need to pay taxes, or even rp every day. All they need to do to prove to NL of Savoy is they can rally 3 men for their freehold every weekend. People always got weekend rp from this.

Now the whole thing no one will ever understand until we get back to Novellen Oren hypercentralization, that I want to focus on, is that all of these problems could be solved if nations actually actively promoted vassals and pushed for their prosperity. But no one won't, because of the tribal ruling clique who never wants to give up power like in most human nations today, and the ENEMY clique that is gaining traction.

Everyone is always afraid of the lionbileti types couping them, which is fair, but no one ever asked lionbileti why he couped dead nations for the most part and made them active?

5 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

You can notice some of the comments are from people who made Novellen Oren hypercentralization ironically enough.

I really don't understand how this nation system is unable to find a perfect form, or something that the community agrees on for the most part. We are approaching a time where people who were not born when LOTC was made, CAN apply soon and play soon. Yet this realm system business feels constantly a problem because of forum echospeak.

Staff want hypercentralization? Do no activity checks so people don't worry.

Staff want decentralization? Activity checks at 1% for one-two CORED tiles (excluding non-cored), 3% to allow more than two cores plus non-cored tiles.

I always talk back about the system Caelria proposed in Savoy for good small micro vassals too. They don't need to pay taxes, or even rp every day. All they need to do to prove to NL of Savoy is they can rally 3 men for their freehold every weekend. People always got weekend rp from this.

Now the whole thing no one will ever understand until we get back to Novellen Oren hypercentralization, that I want to focus on, is that all of these problems could be solved if nations actually actively promoted vassals and pushed for their prosperity. But no one won't, because of the tribal ruling clique who never wants to give up power like in most human nations today, and the ENEMY clique that is gaining traction.

Everyone is always afraid of the lionbileti types couping them, which is fair, but no one ever asked lionbileti why he couped dead nations for the most part and made them active?

I have like 6 vassals bro cmon...

2 hours ago, Narthok said:

I have like 6 vassals bro cmon...

I'm going to coup you

2 hours ago, UnusualBrit said:

I'm going to coup you

would not be the first time it happened

i dont think any of this matters

things will work out eventually. sit back and relax. the moron nations will die, shrivel up and perish. the silly sods who play in the moron nations are not worth wanting to bugger about with. all is well.

7 hours ago, UnusualBrit said:

I'm going to coup you

join the club they have jackets

On 2/12/2024 at 2:47 PM, Sarven said:

Bros are dying to have Oren back.

I think just shifting back to having checks like on Almaris would solve pretty much all of the realm bloat we've been seeing.

imo Having more decentralized RP is overall more of a benefit then having like 1 or 2 main player bases and everything else having no-one, granted its all about finding a good balance.

This is a cycle I garuntee you as soon as we go back to activity checks everyone will complain about them and then eventually checks are removed and realm bloat happens

On 2/12/2024 at 1:14 AM, Haseroth said:

Good, add activity requirements and make them severe enough to axe half of the current realms.

we hated those when we had them, not very fruitful for genuine, for-fun rp imo